Author Topic: High GPU temperatures when idling in menus  (Read 205 times)

Elektro

I get very high GPU temperatures (above 80*C), particulary on Wreckfest menus and not in-game.
Is this normal?
I struggled with this same issue before December Update too. Tried enabling VSync as suggested by my friend, but temperatures very quickly rise above 80*C
In-Game temps are a bit lower and rarely pass 75C.
Any suggestions?
CPU, Intel Core i7 920 @ 2,67GHz| MOBO, GIGABYTE ga-ex58-ud3r | MEMORY, Kingston 8GB|GRAPHICS CARD, GeForce GTX 660 | PSU, Corsair VX 550W | HDD,
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162

Tonza

I get very high GPU temperatures (above 80*C), particulary on Wreckfest menus and not in-game.
Is this normal?
I struggled with this same issue before December Update too. Tried enabling VSync as suggested by my friend, but temperatures very quickly rise above 80*C
In-Game temps are a bit lower and rarely pass 75C.
Any suggestions?

I don't have a program for watching temps, but I can tell from the fan speeds how hot it's getting, and yes the fans get some more rpms in the menus.
GPUs can handle above 80 without a problem, you shouldnt worry too much. (unless you manage leave the game menu open for 1 week lol).
I think it's got to do with FPS not being limited in the menu and your gpu going crazy, like in many other games

St. Jimmy

Monitor your framerates (fps) with some progra like MSI Afterburner. Your vsync might not have been worked. Sometimes when the vsync doesn't work yor game is actually windowed and you need to press alt+enter (sometimes even couple times).

You can also frame cap the game with RivaTunerStatisticsServer if you don't want to use vsync.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Finsku

Great open software, light and just for monitoring program called Open Hardware Monitor. You don't have to install it, shows value and max value.

http://openhardwaremonitor.org/

Elektro

Great open software, light and just for monitoring program called Open Hardware Monitor. You don't have to install it, shows value and max value.

http://openhardwaremonitor.org/

Thanks for the tip!! ;)
CPU, Intel Core i7 920 @ 2,67GHz| MOBO, GIGABYTE ga-ex58-ud3r | MEMORY, Kingston 8GB|GRAPHICS CARD, GeForce GTX 660 | PSU, Corsair VX 550W | HDD,
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162