Poll

What Controller and what Speed Sensitivity setting do you use?

Keyboard 100%
0 (0%)
Keyboard 76-99%
0 (0%)
Keyboard 51-75%
2 (8.7%)
Keyboard <=50%
0 (0%)
Gamepad 100%
0 (0%)
Gamepad 76-99%
5 (21.7%)
Gamepad 51-75%
8 (34.8%)
Gamepad <=50%
1 (4.3%)
Wheel 100%
1 (4.3%)
Wheel 76-99%
1 (4.3%)
Wheel 51-75%
0 (0%)
Wheel <=50%
5 (21.7%)
Mouse 100%
0 (0%)
Mouse 76-99%
0 (0%)
Mouse 51-75%
0 (0%)
Mouse <=50%
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: *** A Poll about Controller and Steering Speed Sensitivity ***  (Read 3562 times)

BenDover

Steering speed sens works good for me at 80% but I have heard alot uses 60-70% aswell, dont know what could be best for a new player but I should put my vote for 70-80%

Does using assists or not using assists have any effect where pad players set Steering Speed Sensitivity?

I am not using assists and it makes a big different to change from 100% down to 80%, I got 1-2 seconds faster and I could controll my car much better, 100% it felt like the car dident steer at all in high speed :P

But for assist player I dont know how it is, I might test it if I remember it :)
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

BrianUK

Thanks for your input so far.

We will reset all controller settings for every user in the next hotfix so if you currently feel like you have keeper settings please take note of them.

Are the ranges changing in the next hotfix as a result of the poll (i.e. 100% in the hotfix will not be like 100% now)?

To answer the question - 60% is where I'm sitting at right now, left everything else at default values.

Hi!

I mixed it to steering sensitivity.

So steering sensitivity 100% & speed sensitivity 0%.
Nothing Beats Cubic Inches --- Bigger Is Better

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro

Hoppen

The new default of 75% should be much better :)

One thing that I find odd though, is that the default bindings for manual gear up/gear down for pads are for the bumpers, does anyone that drives manual actually use those bindings? I always change it immediately to A for gear up, X for gear down (I use RB for reverse gear, and LB to show the player window)
Xeon e3-1231v3, 16GB, GTX 970, Win10 64bit, Xbox 360 Pad

Janne Suur-Näkki

That's a very good observation, Hoppen :) We're actually internally divided into two camps - I also much prefer A and X (come on, what kind of fingers do you have to have to use the bumpers for any serious racing?) but so far I've been left in the minority.

BrianUK

I'm an A-up, X-down guy!

Hoppen

I'm an A-up, X-down guy!
Perhaps another poll is in order? I imagine that this setup is what most people would go with, seeing that it's the same for Forza/Gran Turismo and most other racing games also.
Xeon e3-1231v3, 16GB, GTX 970, Win10 64bit, Xbox 360 Pad

Heddly

Janne you left out 0% for wheel users.  :P

With the new Dec Build, it reset my advance settings for my DFGT wheel. I decide leave these stock settings alone and give them a try with the Volvo Station Wagon and no assists.

I find I'm getting the station wagon around the tracks pretty good. Car turn into the turns when I want it too. :)  I may tweak the settings some day when I got more time to do some testing of the settings.

I did the same as you Purple, our settings match exactly.  :)

Heddly

Thanks for your input so far.

We will reset all controller settings for every user in the next hotfix so if you currently feel like you have keeper settings please take note of them.

Is there a file that we can backup to save our controller settings? It would be nice to save them in case we prefer different settings for different cars.

BenDover

I'm an A-up, X-down guy!
Perhaps another poll is in order? I imagine that this setup is what most people would go with, seeing that it's the same for Forza/Gran Turismo and most other racing games also.

I dont mind, I change it to whatever I want it but I still think it should be good to change it to something else atleast :) (I am so use to change it when needed haha)
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Frisker

I also have wondered why it's so illogically at the bumbers... Always A up, X down. Sure it's not big hassle to just rebind them, but still.

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Weymire

lol, I'm using "A" and "B" buttons for manual gearing, always thought it's the most obvious pair of buttons to use to change gears.
WF Russian community:
http://vk.com/wreckfest

Intel Core i5-2500k @4.3GHz, MSI GTX 970, 12 GB RAM, SSD Plextor 256 GB, HDD Seagate Barracuda 1 TB, Windows 10 Pro