Author Topic: My track mod is triggering the "Fatal Disk Error" with Dec Build. Fixed - but  (Read 374 times)

Purple44

Hi guys. I found out today my Gokart Raceway Plus mod is triggering the "Fatal Disk Error" ( even with the old texture files mod enabled ) and My Fig 8 mod does not trigger the error and loads fine.

Have any you guys had to deal with this error when loading your track mod with the Dec Build? If so what you do to fix it?

I'm guessing I may have delete 1 track at a time ( got 19 tracks ) to see what crashing the game.  :(
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 01:33:09 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Heddly

Sounds like a lot of tracks for the game to load at one time. Maybe split your tracks into 2 mods? Just a guess.

Purple44

We just ran the mod online Dec 9th for Saturday Night Mods night.

Also don't think the game load tracks until you actually select a track and then click start race button, offline. Online when we switch to a new track in the lobby, track get loaded.

Was just hoping someone could tell me there might be an easy fix to my mod crashing because new Build. Guess I'm going have to go bug hunting.

Problem seems to be in vehicle strmods_3wheeler, try rebuilding it.

STRmods

Yeah you will need to remove the car Purple, all old cars are no longer compatible until rebuilt and I am unable to rebuild it.
I have made a replacement vehicle, I will pm you a link.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 08:56:21 PM by STRmods »

Purple44

Yup it was the 3wheeler causing the "Fatal Disk Error" error. Removing car, I was able to get Gokart Plus mod to load without crashing. I downloaded the new version ( thanks STR  :D ) and mod still loads.  :)

Now that I can load Gokart Plus mod now, I check to see if I could load my tracks. All my tracks are crashing except 2 tracks that use Speedway 1 and Speedway 2 track maps.   :(

Any ideas guys what be crashing the tracks? Some these tracks using old version of Tarmac 1, Tarmac 3, Mixed 1 and Mixed 3.

Would the new "rough surfaces" for track maps have anything to do with these older track maps crashing?  http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,10264.0.html

Were you guys with custom tracks able to load your custom tracks without crashing game?

Janne Suur-Näkki

I can take a look, is there any way I can get hold of the latest version of the mod?
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Purple44

I can take a look, is there any way I can get hold of the latest version of the mod?

Thanks for the offer Janne, but it Christmas weekend. You and rest the Bugbear Devs done enough this week, time take a little time off from work.

Maybe next week I take you up on offer. But I'm afraid it going be a trackmap problem. Most the tracks in GoKart Plus mod are older versions of the Wreckfest tracks. I was not able get old Gravel 1 or the old sandpit 1 tracks to load in the June Build.

I'm starting new thread for my GoKart Raceway Plus mod I'm starting to work on. I got update my GoKart Raceway mod for the new June Build and decided I want to add some extra stuff to mod before I release update.

I got the OK to add some the old tracks that been deleted or changed:

Where the H*** did Tarmac 3 Mixed track go in June Build?

Mixed layout was scrapped since we need to allocate our resources, as you know the track was in early stages and finalizing it would have required a lot of time and effort.

Thanks for reply Janne. Track was fine the way it is, don't need any more dressing, but I understand. A lot us online don't need the eye candy, just fun track to race on!!  :P

Janne, would it be OK for me to add old Tarmac 1, Tarmac 3 mixed, old Sandpit 1 and the old Gravel 1 track( if I get it working with new Build ) to my Gokart mod? Please.  :)

Sure you can add them, no problem :)

Yes I definitely understand what you mean regarding the track from the visual point of view, but given that we're looking for a broad audience on both PC and consoles just making track playable is not going to cut it, the tracks need to be detailed and visually impressive and that takes time. Even the more polished tracks that we have now will need quite a bit of additional work so you can see how we need to be very selective before committing.

First track I tried to get working is the old Gravel 1 track. The new Gravel track I have grown to like, but the old Gravel track was little more dangerous:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US0cn8yPhfE

Sorry guys, it seem getting the whole track to load not going to happen.  :(  I found the cutter and object01 crash the old gravel track when loaded in the new Build:

If I delete the cutter and object01 objects ( each object was about 2 MB, deleting these 2 objects took 4 MB out of 12 MB scne file ), I got the base Gravel track to load, but track has big hole in it!  :(

Bad news for bringing back the old Sandpit 1 track.  :( :(

After getting the old Sandpit 1 track to load, it missing most the track map. :) There was 6 objects I had delete out of the Models section to get track to load. The objects from the Subscenes are not being loaded doing this test.

Here the list of objects crashing Sandpit 1 old version ( tried both the Oct and Dec 2016 track file ):

a01
loft02
loft13
loft97
loft98
loft99

If Bugbear not kind enough to fix these objects to work in new Build, then old Sandpit 1 track is history and so is my Suicide tracks I spent a lot timing modding.  :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL4A8sn1DzA

Maybe someday I will give it another shot at making a suicide track on the new Sandpit 1 track.

With Gravel 1 and now Sandpit 1 going down in flames, I'm afraid I'm going run into the same problem with old Tarmac 1 since it a track that as old as the Gravel 1 track.  :(

I'm thinking I'm going run into same problem now with the Dec Build, I will have to delete some things from the Models section to get a track to load and then have a big hole in track. :(