Author Topic: Update Problem Fixed  (Read 216 times)

bigfoothunter

As I said in my last post, the game was crashing & locking up the PC. I found it hard to believe it was the update's fault. Never had this problem before with a game updating. Well, it wasn't my PC or a hardware/software problem. It was Steam updating the games. As i did after the first Dec. update, I googled the problem & found a video on YouTube how to fix problems with Steam. You simply delete all the files in the main Steam folder, EXCEPT the Steam EXE. & SteanApps folder. Then double click on the Steam EXE & it will reinstall everything you deleted back in Steam again. Steam sends you a code number to your e-mail account to put in a pop up message, this is to make sure it's you doing the re-installing of Steam & not a hacker. I also then ininstalled the game thru Steam & then reinstalled it again. Now the game is working great. How the Steam files got corrupted I don't know. But doing this uninstalling & reinstalling of the game, I lost all my cars I bought & money. Just in case I have to do this again, Can anyone here, from BugBear tell me which folders in the game files or Steam files that keep the cars & money i have so I can make a copy of & save them on the desktop or somewhere & then if i have to uninstall the game again, I can copy the saved folders back into the game & I won't be starting over again. At least now I can play my favorite game again. I've had Steam for close to 10 years & never had this problem before. I know it wasn't my fault, i never mess with Steam files. Anyway, if someone can tell me which folders to save a copy of, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You to those people who were trying to help me. Much appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OS Name   Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version   6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description    Not Available
OS Manufacturer   Microsoft Corporation
System Name   OWNER-PC
System Manufacturer   Alienware
System Model   Aurora
System Type   x64-based PC
Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         920

Purple44

Game track the cars and parts you buy in the cars5.ccrs file. I still got all my cars after getting a new career file.

Your credits and exp points are track by career.cres file.

c:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\[User ID]\228380\local\wreckfest early access\
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

bigfoothunter

Thank You very much for the info. I'm hoping I won't have to uninstall it again, but if I do, at least I won't lose my cars etc, Thanks again !!!!!!!!!!!!
OS Name   Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version   6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description    Not Available
OS Manufacturer   Microsoft Corporation
System Name   OWNER-PC
System Manufacturer   Alienware
System Model   Aurora
System Type   x64-based PC
Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         920