Author Topic: Controller settings won't save/Analog controls won't work  (Read 264 times)

McPaavola

Hello!

As title says, I have two problems with my Asus TV500BG controller.

First, settings won't get saved. I have to rebind them every time when I start game. Tried to delete controller folder from user settings but it didn't help.

Another problem is that I can't bind analog sticks for steering or anything else. All other buttons work properly. Using D-Pad for steering is somewhat annoying.

Thanks,
Antti

St. Jimmy

Could you give this one a try? Won't solve your analog stick problem but it could work for the controls not saving:
http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,10371.msg101135.html#msg101135

I tried to give that one in couple topics but so far nobody hasn't even said if it works or not. Maybe you can say if it helps to make the file(s) read only after changing controls?
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

kettu31

Could you give this one a try? Won't solve your analog stick problem but it could work for the controls not saving:
http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,10371.msg101135.html#msg101135

I tried to give that one in couple topics but so far nobody hasn't even said if it works or not. Maybe you can say if it helps to make the file(s) read only after changing controls?

At least for me that hint didn't give any help. I think I tried all combinations (read-only on/off)..
Thanks anyway, maybe it's still usefull to try for others!
I have fanatec CSW2.5 and CSL pedals.
Specs: Asus Z97-C, i7-4790K, ram 8gb 1866, msi GTX 1080, Xbox controller, Oculus Rift, fanatec CSW 2.5 + CSL pedals + SQ shifter

Dalags

I have this problem sometimes when my controller shows up twice on settings. Ingame I can toggle through to configure Keyboard, Twin USB Joystick, Twin USB joystick even though I've only got one Playstation 2 controller with a USB adapter plugged in. Whenever I enter in my settings, it doesn't save.

Quit the game, go to Device Manager, then Human Interface Devices. If you've got a game controller showing up twice, right clicking on one of them, and disabling one fixes this problem for me and allows my controller settings to save.