Author Topic: Lost my saved game/progress  (Read 2713 times)

Tamza

I was playing the game and a wild power cut appeared and shutted my computer down, when the power was back up i booted my pc like allways and started to play wreckfest again and all my progress was gone. Rank was back to 1, all cars were gone as well as the money. Any help to this?

Edit: All the settings are normal and they didn't wipe, just lost the progress on the game, rank, money and cars.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 03:34:14 AM by Tamza »

Finsku

Same happened for me couple days ago. I tried to restore lost files but no luck.  ::)

Purple44

I take it you did not backup any files here:

I also crashing my game after a race offline and clicking the continue button. Every track I have tried so far: Mixed 1 and 2, derby figure 8 and Speedway 1. Went to no AI and low graphics settings and game still crash after clicking continue button.

Read your post Janne, so gave your suggestion a try, rename my "wreckfest early access" folder, restarted game, did a 1 lap, no AI derby fig8 race and after clicking continue, I got this instead of game crashing:

c:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\[User ID]\228380\local\wreckfest early access\

So now I know it something in the "wreckfest early access" folder crashing the game, I started adding old files back into new "wreckfest early access" folder to see what file crashing game:

I was able to replace all the files with my old files, testing each file as I added it to see if game would crash, until I got to the career.cres file, then game started crashing again. I had 3 other older career files. I tried all 3 and all 3 older career files crash the game.

I think it has something to do with loading the new experience window maybe.

I wanted a second opinion, was able to get a Steam friend to do the test ( Trabb ) and no crash with his game. So I ask him if he had an old career file or a fresh new one. He had an old career file from June Build.

So not all June Build career file crashing Wreckfest after a race. But me and Zeb ( and maybe mut ) Wreckfest is crashing after a race with old June career.cres file.

Also online, after race is over, clicking the go back to lobby button would cash my game. If I did not click the go back to lobby button, I would make it back to the lobby. Thanks for the tip mut. Mut was having same problem.

Just did a online test with my new level 1 career file and now can click on go back to lobby button and get back to lobby without crashing the game.  :D

Now I'm going have give up my level 16, Veteran after 3 years of online racing.  :P  But I assume I would be losing all them credits when we get to final release version of Wreckfest and career mod get set back to level 1, Newcomer? Right Janne?

But before I give up all my credits, will go buy all the new cars and buy racing parts for them. Learn in my testing the car5.ccrs file keeps track of the cars you buy. Loading the new career file, I still had all the cars I had already bought over the years.

If have no backups of the career and car5 files, then you out of luck getting credits and cars back.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Tamza

If have no backups of the career and car5 files, then you out of luck getting credits and cars back.

No i dont have backups. Why would i write this here if id had them? I would have used my backups if id had them. And usually i dont take backups on games because this is not so usual to happen with any games.

I just cant get it how a game can lose whole saved files on a crash. Just started playing this game again few days ago and it seems its gonna be a long break again.

Purple44

No i dont have backups. Why would i write this here if id had them? I would have used my backups if id had them. And usually i dont take backups on games because this is not so usual to happen with any games.

I just cant get it how a game can lose whole saved files on a crash. Just started playing this game again few days ago and it seems its gonna be a long break again.

I just making sure and show others that might read this thread where the save game files are.

Since I got started with Flatout back in 2005, I heard many horror stories of players loosing their save game over the years. Flatout, GRID, TDU2. So I made it a habit long ago to do backups of save game file. But can be tricky finding where these files are kept.

The Very End

I have said it before and I say it again, CHEAT ENGINE.

Eihter way accept to grind for half a hour (which isn't that bad) or just use cheat engine and all your troubles in the world are saved :) Short explaination:
1: Start program and chose Wreckfest.exe (game must be running)
2: Search for the amount of money you have and go back to game
3: Buy something, then head back to program and "search next" for this new value
4: If more than 1 value is left, repeat step 3
5: When there is only one value left, click on it and give it a new value (999999) or whatever
6: Profit!

As for XP I have not dvelwed into it as it is only 2 cars which are locked behind it, should take about 15-30 minutes to unlock with solo play.

Ask if confused.

Edit: Under normal circumstances I would not recommend cheating, but as long as game is in EA and we can
expect progression reset before release I think this is ok. We just have to hide this topic on release day ;)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 04:30:23 PM by The Very End »

Purple44

I have said it before and I say it again, CHEAT ENGINE.

Eihter way accept to grind for half a hour (which isn't that bad) or just use cheat engine and all your troubles in the world are saved :) Short explaination:
1: Start program and chose Wreckfest.exe (game must be running)
2: Search for the amount of money you have and go back to game
3: Buy something, then head back to program and "search next" for this new value
4: If more than 1 value is left, repeat step 3
5: When there is only one value left, click on it and give it a new value (999999) or whatever
6: Profit!

As for XP I have not dvelwed into it as it is only 2 cars which are locked behind it, should take about 15-30 minutes to unlock with solo play.

Ask if confused.

Edit: Under normal circumstances I would not recommend cheating, but as long as game is in EA and we can
expect progression reset before release I think this is ok. We just have to hide this topic on release day ;)

I think Bugbear will have take measures to protect career file from being cheated or have a way to tell if file not stock and then call your game modded. So no leaderbroad or going online and racing stock.

PsychOXRat

I don't see a reason for BB to waste their limited resources on a system to protect the save, since it isn't like you can't circumvent the rank locks through mods anyway. Also, I don't see why people would be so annoyed by people editing a save, I know I've done it twice this update alone due to it getting reset from a BSOD a couple days ago and the initial update forcing me to delete it. ofc it'll be an issue for the first couple days after a reset, but after that people would be there legitimately anyway.
System Specs: Intel i7-7700K CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

Finsku

I'm okay what people does with their save files. But it's strange how game files will corrupt if (for example) power cut happens.
So looks like game saves data on save game files when you're playing, not when game has loading windows (after races etc).
For me this is the first time when power cut causes corrupted game files

Tamza

I'm okay what people does with their save files. But it's strange how game files will corrupt if (for example) power cut happens.
So looks like game saves data on save game files when you're playing, not when game has loading windows (after races etc).
For me this is the first time when power cut causes corrupted game files

Same for me, first time EVER when power cut causes corrupted game files, and i have played on pc for a long long time.

And ain't gonna cheat to get the progress back, having a little break on the game and play again when the frustration for this game is gone.

Purple44

ofc it'll be an issue for the first couple days after a reset, but after that people would be there legitimately anyway.

But that the thing, first day of final release there going be players. maybe a lot, online who will cheat and get highest level and have garage full of cars all upgraded if the know they can tweak there career and car file.

So us that want to do the progression without cheating, are going be at disadvantage the first week or 2 and anybody that does level up quickly because they are playing a lot, are going get accuse, did you hack your save file.

We run into this with GRID 1 in away. There was an ebay file that randomly put some better or maybe worse cars for you to buy on ebay ( you saw 3 cars to choose from to buy ). Players learn they could hack the file and get even better ebay cars that were faster and have better grip.

We got Codemasters to check the ebay file when going online, if it wasn't stock, you could not see a stock server, if I remember right.

Offline if you want to use a hack save file, it would not matter.