Author Topic: Car Damage/Reset  (Read 143 times)

I'm not too sure where to post this but I feel like its a game design issue.

Now I understand the games damage system is meant to be realistic but I feel as though cars can no longer survive anything. I was playing on TheVery Track Pack's Eagles Nest where you go over the bridge, and my car and many others were totaled right off the bat. Another thing i found an issue with was how easily tires came off. In a race once that tire was gone it doesn't matter how well your health is or how ahead you are you are done, you have to restart.

To sum it up, this is no longer a car crashing game and more or less a game where you must survive and it sucks a lot of what I enjoyed out of the game. It sucks when you literally can't touch another car without the fear that you will get killed in the process. This game feels more like BeamNG where if you're not extremely careful you will get totaled and it feels as if you can no longer play aggressively. 

P.S. The reset is now broken/dumb as you have to basically be stationary to use it which sucks when you fall off a map. But yeah those are my only complaints. I dunno if anyone else has the same mindset as i do.

Finsku

I've noticed it's hard to get wrecked or lose a wheel. Are you sure you didn't use any mods which changes cars' durability? I've played same map but cars lasts longer than what you explained

Adenru

you must survive and it sucks
It sucks when you literally can't touch another
use it which sucks

This track pack was designed specificly for crashing and if in plain speedbowl you may manage to keep an eye on opponents incoming from the side the in ramp version you can only pray.
FlatOut 2, 5 people online, speedbowl, only one makes it to the finish
https://youtu.be/ROG-Z_Ji8dk?t=148
Life expectancy depends greatly on number of players, with 24 cars race can be over after first crossroad, more players => more crashing, I find surviving part of the fun, it also not always depends on luck but also on player's abilities way beyond driving skill.

Yes, it's very hard to get to the finish in this track pack but I think that's exactly the point.

Purple44

I was thinking End be using a custom damage file for his track pack with some them big jumps. But I just took a look and see no damage.dset file in the Very TrackPack.

I use a custom damage.dset file in my track packs to toughen up the cars, especially for suicide racing.

I've noticed it's hard to get wrecked or lose a wheel. Are you sure you didn't use any mods which changes cars' durability? I've played same map but cars lasts longer than what you explained

I think some the cars maybe more prone to losing a wheel, like the El Matador. I have lost a few wheels with the El Matador in the derbys and Crash Canyon.

For me, tire coming off, feels about right. In pic above, that was after a big head-on collision!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 01:26:28 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

St. Jimmy

The station wagon at least loses front wheels pretty easily so there might be differences between cars.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

sam223

Each car has a different tire release point. Its not based on your health but how far the wheel has moved from its original position on the model.
If you want to look its tire_damaged.vstd in /deform  (one in each chassis). 'Release point' is the removal distance in meters.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

I may have solved the issue. I turned off the mods I was using (HulkSmash, Natural Rollover and 8-O-rama health) and although the game is less fun and I don't feel as powerful my car can survive a lot more and every hit feels like it has power to it.