Author Topic: Losing A Wheel  (Read 451 times)

CFodder

While I appreciate the realism aspect and the need to have consequences of impact it does appear it's a bit too easy to lose a wheel. To be clear I'm not talking about when your wheel is still on but hanging by a 'thread' but when it's completely lost and pretty much has ended your race. Have had a few instances where in the first few corners of a race have been hit, lost a wheel when overall car damage is not high at all and has just screwed the race up.

Would suggest to make it harder to lose a wheel and perhaps have a minimum damage level before this happens?? What say others on this as I appreciate it's only my opinion.

Ragnar

I agree on this, it takes a really powerful bang to lose a wheel in a real life crash. I've been T-boned at 50 mp/h or 80 kmp/h which hit the rear and totalled the car and broke the control arm assembly, but the car was still driveable.

sam223

Tire release is a distance,not related to health directly.So it depends how the car deforms to when it falls off. They could increase the distance needed to remove the wheel,or tone down the deformation so it takes more force/more hits to move things. On the whole car or just the wheels.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

FalconXY

I have noticed during online bangers that wall riding for a longer time makes the wheel come off, if the car was damaged before.
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

sam223

I have noticed during online bangers that wall riding for a longer time makes the wheel come off, if the car was damaged before.
Sounds right,many tiny hits from wall riding will eventually push the wheel back to release distance
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2