Author Topic: Nvidia Ansel/Freestyle support  (Read 1191 times)

STRmods

So I haven't seen anything new about Nvidia Ansel support after first seeing this post by Janne a while back.

Other things...

Now very recently Nvidia have released game filters using "Nvidia Freestyle", which are filters that can be applied as you play (not just for fancy screenshots).
Feel free to read about it here.

Here's an image I made with Nvidia Freestyle game filters on GTA V, to give visual representation of what it is capable of.

I think this would be a really nice feature to implement both Ansel and Freestyle for Wreckfest as Freestyle allows fine visual tweaking (for personal taste or special use),
 as well as ofcourse fancy effects for screenshots and such with both Ansel and Freestyle. It could also be useful for creating mod artwork easily (for in game art or workshop).

RevantuletRain

hi i just made a account to ask question

i was actual searching for if nvidia freestyle works with wreckfest and found this so i agree it is nice feature to have . so please bugbear!

but i have question strmods how did you get freestyle to work with gta 5? i look but dont know how to use and i cannot find any information about it. if you can help please?  ^.^

STRmods

but i have question strmods how did you get freestyle to work with gta 5? i look but dont know how to use and i cannot find any information about it. if you can help please?  ^.^

Yeah sure no problem :)

I'm not sure what you have actually tried to get it to work, but here's full run through...

So first make sure you have installed the latest GeForce Experience Beta, if you haven't you can download it below.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/beta/

Once that is installed/if it already is, open GeForce Experience and go to settings, open the general tab and
tick the box that says "Enable experimental features". This will enable Ansel and Freestyle and a few other things.
See below for visual.

If you already did all of that, then the only thing you need to do is once you're in any game that supports it press Alt+F3 to open Freestyle
(game filters). You then you can set whatever filters you want with the side pop up menu from GeForce Experience overlay. :)

Alt+F2 opens Ansel too if you have a game that supports it, unfortunately GTA 5 doesn't, only Freestyle.

Here's hoping Wreckfest gets both sometime. ;D

*Extra Note*

In my experience at least, having the GeForce Experience experimental features enabled causes Wreckfest 64bit version to stop responding on start up.
The Wreckfest 32bit version works fine however. But the fix is simple, just go back into the GeForce Experience settings and uncheck the experimental features
checkbox again and the 64bit version will load fine. Just something that I found out if anyone else has the same issue :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 06:00:33 AM by STRmods »

RevantuletRain

thankss i just need to do experient feature part then press alt+f3 it works now!!! please bugbear add them effevts are very cool!