Author Topic: Dev Blog: What are we working on (January)  (Read 9850 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Dear Wreckers,

We hope everyone had a great holiday! We're back in wrecking business, and seeing as the release of the game is only months away now, we're working at full steam to add the rest of the planned content to the game, address the remaining known issues and add as much polish as we can. The feedback on the December Update was very positive and we know we're on the right track, but the game is still not done and there's more of the good stuff to come! Now you're probably wondering what exactly, so let's take a quick look at what we're working on.

Please do bear in mind that not everything mentioned might make it to the next update.

NEW CARS
This is really a no-brainer - who wouldn't want more cars?  We know shiny, or in our case not so shiny but awesome nevertheless, new cars are something that everyone always loves so you'll be happy to hear that we have a batch of new ones in the pipeline, including models inspired some very classic American, European and Japanese cars, some fan-favourites too!

CUSTOMIZATION PARTS
Yes, they're coming - we're working on adding customization parts such as bumpers, side protectors and what-not for every car. We're also currently balancing the gameplay effect these parts will have - for instance, a heavy demolition derby style front bumper will make the car withstand more damage to the front but also make it slower due to the added weight, so these parts will add an interesting aspect of give-and-take to the gameplay.

EXPANDED CAREER
Seeing as the December Update only contained a preview of the career, obviously we're also working on expanding it by adding the rest of the championships and tweaking the ones already in the game. Also, series restrictions will be shown in the series selection screen so it will be a breeze to pick up an eligible car. To spice up the career we're also working on special challenge events with some very unique vehicles but more about those later!

NEW ROUTES AND IMPROVED TRACK ART
We're making the final push to make the tracks look nice and dandy. As you've no doubt noticed there are still some proxy assets around, but you'll be relieved to hear that for example those pesky gray prop vehicles littered around the tracks will be soon gone for good. We're also adding a few new routes to the old tracks, including something very special that's going to rival Crash Canyon in the amount of crashes!

MECHANICAL DAMAGE V2
We're working on taking the mechanical damage to the next stage: the effects of the different damage states will be more meaningful, and we'll have new visual and audial effects to add to the immersion. We're also planning to implement a setting to choose between normal and realistic mechanical damage, so those looking for a more hardcore experience can have that.

OPTIMIZATION
Better performance is always high on everyone's wishlist, ours too, and we've been researching ways to improve the rendering performance in particular, so improvements are very likely at some point.

USER INTERFACE
The current user interface is still being heavily worked on, so expect many changes until the final release.

As always, behind the scenes we're also working on a number of important bug fixes and other improvements, many based on the feedback we've received from you. The next update will already contain some welcomed additions, such as a more detailed gamepad vibration effect, track length and surface info in the track selection screen, easier and better-balanced AI on easy difficulty and a new Pause Menu, to name just a few.

And yes, the million-dollar question - when is the new update coming out? We're still working on almost every aspect of the game and while bumps in the road are entirely possible, our plan for now is to have the update out by the end of January. Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted.

If you have any comments or suggestions please let us know by commenting.

Thanks for all the feedback and support!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 01:27:28 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »

RickyB

Thanks for the info. 
Is there a chance for an option to disable the mechanical damage? (even if we don't get any $ or XP with it)
"normal mechanical damage" - will that affect the cars more than what we have now? = make them less competitive to undamaged cars? (compared to now)

HansPremium

sounds good, exspecially the fact that we get even more cars, i didnt think there were much more coming
I still hope to get an old Mercedes or BMW  :D

TPEHAK

Great info, thanks for the update!
LAPTOP GIGABYTE P35X V3 || INTEL CORE i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ ||NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980M  8GB GDDR5|| 16GB RAM || 103GB SSD || 1TB HDD || WINDOWS 10 HOME

Rowdy Burns

This is sounding awesome... Can`t wait to see the new update in action!

Rowdy Burns

And yes, the million-dollar question - when is the new update coming out? We're still working on almost every aspect of the game and while bumps in the road are entirely possible, our plan for now is to have the update out by the end of January. Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted.

You forgot to answer the "BILLION DOLLAR QUESTION" - When is the PS4 release date and will it get the beta?! :)

FalconXY

Come on - really ?  ::)

The game has developed great so far but it needs more games modes. I'm waiting over 3 years now for this !

Still no NEW game modes ?  >:(
More game modes like in EveOfDestruction.
Wrecking racing game mode with points score for turning cars.

I want an option to disable the healthbar.
Please make it independent from player name. I want names but no healthbar. White lettering with transparency from old build was better than new black name bars !
And add the position back please.

The entered number of laps and number of AI cars is still NOT stored by track. Have to change on each track which is annoying !

Derby contact timer should be set to 15 seconds of not contacting any other car to avoid camping.

Add VR support or make mouse look option for onboard view

Add Blue and white exhaust smoke please
http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,9777.msg95619.html#msg95619

Thank you.
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks for the feedback!

Sorry, game modes take quite a bit of time to implement and at least at this point no new ones are planned.

Option to disable the health bar is a good suggestion.

No VR support is planned for the time being.
Is there a chance for an option to disable the mechanical damage? (even if we don't get any $ or XP with it)
"normal mechanical damage" - will that affect the cars more than what we have now? = make them less competitive to undamaged cars? (compared to now)

A setting to disable the mechanical damage is also something we're considering.

Normal mechanical damage is pretty much what we have now, just slightly increased.
You forgot to answer the "BILLION DOLLAR QUESTION" - When is the PS4 release date and will it get the beta?! :)

You should already know the answer :) In 2018, no word on the beta.

Paul_B

Thanks for the feedback!

Sorry, game modes take quite a bit of time to implement and at least at this point no new ones are planned.

Option to disable the health bar is a good suggestion.

No VR support is planned for the time being.

A setting to disable the mechanical damage is also something we're considering.

Normal mechanical damage is pretty much what we have now, just slightly increased.

Hi Janne,

Anything up an coming for the wheel user's ??

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 1060 6gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel/ Thrustmaster  T3PA Pedals / Logitech G27 Shift

FalconXY

Thank you for this dissapointing answer.  :(

Here is what I'm talking about over a year on every update:

I can't understand why you devs put so much time in creating new cars and tracks that the modding community can produce with the great tools that you have shared.

Instead implement more game modes that WE can't do.  :o
Or at least give us a tool to do that by ourselves.  :-*
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

The Very End

Thanks for the update :)
As Falcon, gamemodes would be nice. Alternatively make a DLC not too far after the release which primairly focuses on adding more game modes.

Rowdy Burns

Not long to go now then! :)

As for the game modes I agree with The Very End... They can be released later down the line in DLC or future updates!
Just a quick thought... Extra cars, game modes etc would be good in future DLC packs updates etc to keep the game alive once it`s fully released and the dust as settled! It is nice when a game updates something new once in a while as usually it brings me back to it... As long as it doesn`t have a silly price attached to the DLC!
On that note though... Wreckfest is something I would definitely buy a season pass for! :)

TheEngiGuy

Thanks for the update :)
As Falcon, gamemodes would be nice. Alternatively make a DLC not too far after the release which primairly focuses on adding more game modes.

New gamemode(s) with a new track and a new car can be great expansion pack material.
GO BUGBEAR!

rhamm

I can't understand why you devs put so much time in creating new cars and tracks that the modding community can produce with the great tools that you have shared.

You can't understand why they want to create a bunch of content they can use on multiple platforms instead of begging communities to complete their game on multiple platforms?  The game would be a total disaster on consoles if they did that.
Windows 10
Ryzen 7 1700X, Geforce GTX 1070
32GB DDR4
Fanatec Clubsport Wheel V2.5 with Porsche 918 RSR
V3 Clubsport Pedals plugged into wheel as 1 device

BenDover

Some of us dosent use mods. New tracks and cars are needed in the vanilla game as long that they dont have a better mod support like cs have with their "Connect to download" system.
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,