Author Topic: Dev Blog: What are we working on (January)  (Read 10387 times)

sam223

Sounds good. Control over mechanic damage for mod makers? Maybe there already is,although i couldn't find and files related to it
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Daystar

Like what you guys are working on Janne. game feels real good so far, and yet you guys are making it even better  :) Thanks for all the work your all putting into it.

And just a small reminder... please bring back car info stats! Have a great night Janne bud  ;D

Zebulon55

A new crash canyon type of track route sounds great! New cars always welcome (hopefully some humorous OTT add-on part possibilities, too)

Glad to hear that we'll have some choice on damage amount too - some of us would get frustrated with too realistic, one-hit-and-done damage, while others seem to desire it.

This winter will go fast with something to look forward to at the end of January besides Groundhog Day!  :D
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

ypikay

Nice to see the update is close, the game got a community growing since last, good idea to keep it up.
 I take risk to being redundant, but i think there is light change which can make this game better:

-a notification in chat when a player is dead or got best lap can give more social and living aspect in the game. Having more info on the race make it better!

-The assist are way too powerful for crashing, player using these are almost irremovable for those who don't, and in no rule server, there is no reason to not use these. It 's cool for beginner, but kind of sad if you want real control of your car. It really need a bit of adjustment.

-there is a move when your car got pushed out of the road, a kind of assist which put your car in the good way; again it's cool for beginner, frustrating for those who want control; is it possible to make it optional?

Anyway, your game is a gold nugget, i am really confident now you'll get the best of it! Congratz for your work.

Big Ron

Sounds promising. Don´t forget to fix the bugs of the UI that comes with gamepad control. Some of the menus are bugged when being controlled with gamepad and you can´t select some button nor scroll through statistics (for examble race results).

Also, a game mode with point scores in a derby would be great. Overall, this would be great to be implemented in the normal derby modes instead of just getting experience points and counting the end position.
CPU: Intel i7-3770 @ 3,4Ghz + Scythe Ninja 3-cooler, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1600 Mhz , GPU: Gainward GTX670, HDD: Samsung 830 Series SSD 128GB, WD 1.0TB, Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, PS: BE Quiet BQT 550W, OS: Windows 7 64-bit, LCD: Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24" FullHD, Wheel: Log. G25

SiGmEnT

I really want to see a system of mechanical damage,especially realistic damage.I think it will be a good update

Purple44

You forgot to answer the "BILLION DOLLAR QUESTION" - When is the PS4 release date and will it get the beta?! :)

You should already know the answer :) In 2018, no word on the beta.

Not long to go now then! :)

As for the game modes I agree with The Very End... They can be released later down the line in DLC or future updates!
Just a quick thought... Extra cars, game modes etc would be good in future DLC packs updates etc to keep the game alive once it`s fully released and the dust as settled! It is nice when a game updates something new once in a while as usually it brings me back to it... As long as it doesn`t have a silly price attached to the DLC!
On that note though... Wreckfest is something I would definitely buy a season pass for! :)

But a bunch of DLCs would divide the online community. Good luck finding a host with the same set of DLCs you bought. Saw this happen with GRID 2 and it many different car and track DLCs.

I would rather see Bugbear release an expansion pack in a year or so with some new cars, tracks, game modes, etc. that has something for everybody and it just be one DLC to add to game to join a DLC host online.  :)

Also would like Bugbear to pick some the best mods or parts of mods ( like a track or two from a track pack ) and put together a free Steam DLC of community mods we could host online.  :D Bugbear would get permission or modders submit some their stuff they like to see in a mod DLC.

A bug note: Hope Bugbear has taken a look at the scoring for derbys. We still seeing players not get credit for a takedown sometimes and they only player that hit the car that got wrecked.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 12:55:38 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

NicoP

Thanks for the feedback!

Sorry, game modes take quite a bit of time to implement and at least at this point no new ones are planned.

NO that can't be true  :'(

The game need so much more gameplay like the game Eve of destruction or crash n burn on ps2.

A least just add some face to face race mode where cars go on the opposite direction.... The game really need that.

Or just add some angled jumps on the side of the tracks for more crash.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 04:11:07 AM by NicoP »

MSPORTBMW

Like what you guys are working on Janne. game feels real good so far, and yet you guys are making it even better  :) Thanks for all the work your all putting into it.

And just a small reminder... please bring back car info stats! Have a great night Janne bud  ;D

+1

Speedevil

You forgot to answer the "BILLION DOLLAR QUESTION" - When is the PS4 release date and will it get the beta?! :)

You should already know the answer :) In 2018, no word on the beta.

Not long to go now then! :)

As for the game modes I agree with The Very End... They can be released later down the line in DLC or future updates!
Just a quick thought... Extra cars, game modes etc would be good in future DLC packs updates etc to keep the game alive once it`s fully released and the dust as settled! It is nice when a game updates something new once in a while as usually it brings me back to it... As long as it doesn`t have a silly price attached to the DLC!
On that note though... Wreckfest is something I would definitely buy a season pass for! :)

But a bunch of DLCs would divide the online community. Good luck finding a host with the same set of DLCs you bought. Saw this happen with GRID 2 and it many different car and track DLCs.

I would rather see Bugbear release an expansion pack in a year or so with some new cars, tracks, game modes, etc. that has something for everybody and it just be one DLC to add to game to join a DLC host online.  :)

Also would like Bugbear to pick some the best mods or parts of mods ( like a track or two from a track pack ) and put together a free Steam DLC of community mods we could host online.  :D Bugbear would get permission or modders submit some their stuff they like to see in a mod DLC.

A bug note: Hope Bugbear has taken a look at the scoring for derbys. We still seeing players not get credit for a takedown sometimes and they only player that hit the car that got wrecked.

They can release DLC cars, but tracks and game modes should always be free.

St. Jimmy

What comes to performance, you really need to optimize that crowd a lot.

I clocked my 2600K down to 3.5GHz just to see the effect even more clearly and the fps goes under 60 in the Tarmac 2 finish straight. No wonder why some AMD FX users are complaining about the preformance, because that's brutal CPU bottleneck. Many without 4GHz+ Intel or Ryzen CPU or anyone who wants to race high Hz would likely want some options and optimization for that.

The mechanical damage v2 sounds promising. Can't wait for that 8)
Official Wreckfest Discord
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

KingOfTheCakes

All sounds great :D, but I hope the new damage system won't end up changin the current one too much. One of the things I love about the current build is that you don't get punished that much for actually hitting things if you're the one with the momentum.

I guessing normal damage will be like what we have now?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 01:57:55 PM by KingOfTheCakes »
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Purple44

They can release DLC cars, but tracks and game modes should always be free.

Have to disagree, the Bugbear Devs should get paid for their work on new tracks. You don't whip out a new track in a day.

But releasing new tracks as single DLCs would cause a mess online. And if you want race you new DLC cars online, might have trouble find a busy host with just the DLC cars you bought. If want to race DLC cars online, you about going have to buy them all, so you can put together the right Mods list in-game and make sure you are loading the cars in the right order to join host.  :P

What comes to performance, you really need to optimize that crowd a lot.

I clocked my 2600K down to 3.5GHz just to see the effect even more clearly and the fps goes under 60 in the Tarmac 2 finish straight. No wonder why some AMD FX users are complaining about the preformance, because that's brutal CPU bottleneck. Many without 4GHz+ Intel or Ryzen CPU or anyone who wants to race high Hz would likely want some options and optimization for that.

Last Saturday online, Tarmac 2 was tough track for FPS for me and my i5 2500 and 960 4GB video card. Most tracks I'm getting 60-100 FPS. I got 24 FPS at start of a Tarmac 2 race with around 20 players, at times FPS drop into the teens during the race.

There sure something going on with Tarmac 2 track that kill FPS. Track use not be that bad!!

Note: Grass set to low these days online. :(  Maybe with new gaming computer this spring, I can bump up the eye candy some online.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Ak1504

Pls implement a optional virtual rear view mirror in the HUD :)
i7 4770k | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | Gigabyte Z87X-OC | 16 GB G.Skill Ares 2400 | Fanatec CSR + CSR Elite Pedals

SynGamer

I've been away from the forums for a few months, any word or update on the PS4 release?