Author Topic: Dev Blog: What are we working on (January)  (Read 8585 times)

Purple44

I've been away from the forums for a few months, any word or update on the PS4 release?

Post #8 in this thread:  :P

You forgot to answer the "BILLION DOLLAR QUESTION" - When is the PS4 release date and will it get the beta?! :)

You should already know the answer :) In 2018, no word on the beta.

Once PC version get release this year, then the console versions will be up to bat.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

Did you guys know you could trigger a full list of players on the left-hand side of screen if use Shift-Tab?

Just learn about this tonight from Zeb. How long this feature been in game? June Build? or even earlier?

Tonza

Did you guys know you could trigger a full list of players on the left-hand side of screen if use Shift-Tab?

Just learn about this tonight from Zeb. How long this feature been in game? June Build? or even earlier?
I think it come with december update. I have player list in joystick, and clicking cycles between 3 player mini list, full list, and hidden list

Caley19

I think it come with december update. I have player list in joystick, and clicking cycles between 3 player mini list, full list, and hidden list

You can also hold TAB to see more info about players ;) (players car class, car name, best lap etc) very useful thing

Would be great if you could set default type of player list in settings. Because now you always need to press tab at the start of the race if you want to see the full list of players.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 12:05:31 AM by JohnBlackhills »
Also known as John Blackhills.

BenDover

@Janne

I have some questions if you have time :P

1.I see you adding new routes but will we also see some new tracks for the "Folkrace" theme? "jokamiehenluokka" ? I have start to host my Folkrace server again and ppl asking if we will get more tracks furture on and all I can say is "I hope so" :P I understand this might not be able to do befor release but I would love to see like an 10-15 EURO folkracing themed DLC with 4-5 new tracks, 1 gamemode (rules for the folkrace where you need to take the joker lap once per race and if you do it more the lap will not count), maybe 2-3 new cars that are used both in swedish and finnish folkraces.     (In a player perspective and a selling perspective I think this will sell some extra copies to ppl know about this kind of thing).

2. I guess you already working on server stability becuse this is really something that destroying online atm and can you make 64 bit servers default?

3. Better "mod support" ? A system where you just download mods when joining a server would make modding servers much more popular and then even the community can make new tracks that are easy to just put into the server and the players downloads it when joining, just like CS for example. This will make it easier to just add tracks or whatever you want on the server and will not "close" the server for ppl who dont know what mods the server are using etc.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 08:36:25 AM by BenDover »
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

CFodder

Can't comment on Ben's point 1 but definitely agree with him on 2 and 3 and would hope that the optimisation the game is getting will include the dedicated server.

As mentioned earlier would also bring a fantastic new dimension to the game (that most, if not all, racing games have) in the form of rear view and/or side view mirrors.

Black Diesel

@Janne

1.I see you adding new routes but will we also see some new tracks for the "Folkrace" theme? "jokamiehenluokka" ? I have start to host my Folkrace server again and ppl asking if we will get more tracks furture on and all I can say is "I hope so" :P I understand this might not be able to do befor release but I would love to see like an 10-15 EURO folkracing themed DLC with 4-5 new tracks, 1 gamemode (rules for the folkrace where you need to take the joker lap once per race and if you do it more the lap will not count), maybe 2-3 new cars that are used both in swedish and finnish folkraces.     (In a player perspective and a selling perspective I think this will sell some extra copies to ppl know about this kind of thing).

I'm a member of Swedens biggest folkrace facebook community, a few days ago (week or so) some1 posted a clip of himself driving Hammerhead in your game at the community, the response was total awesome. Hundreds, even thousand asked for information about your game and many cried for a Playstation or Xbox version. And the surge of new people wanting to experience the folkracing in their living room have not passed unmarked. Ben reinstated his folkrace server and every noon I am chatting and racing with other folkracers and people that want to learn the folkracing experience. I love the folkrace tracks, as they are tight and offer very speculative races where my heart rate is bmp'ing through the roof.

So yes... I want more folkrace fluff and taste and fully agree with BenDover.
Mudnight Dirt Club

Purple44

@Janne

I'm a member of Swedens biggest folkrace facebook community, a few days ago (week or so) some1 posted a clip of himself driving Hammerhead in your game at the community, the response was total awesome. Hundreds, even thousand asked for information about your game and many cried for a Playstation or Xbox version. And the surge of new people wanting to experience the folkracing in their living room have not passed unmarked. Ben reinstated his folkrace server and every noon I am chatting and racing with other folkracers and people that want to learn the folkracing experience. I love the folkrace tracks, as they are tight and offer very speculative races where my heart rate is bmp'ing through the roof.

I'm from eastern Washington, US and I love the Folk racing tracks. Mixed 1 and the Nexus are a good combo, I won a couple races now with that combo online with some good players.  :)

Folk racing remind me of Flatout 1 tracks.  :D

cool video

Real life Flatout racing!! nice!  :D

Would like to see the station wagon and a bug in the NCG, please.

Speedevil

Yes to the Amazon Wagon  :D

RickyB

Is there a chance for an option to disable the mechanical damage? 
A setting to disable the mechanical damage is also something we're considering.
Thanks, would be awesome, please do it, there's nothing to loose by having that option, only adds more variety to the gameplay experience. :)

Track-wise it would be great to have more of what once was the "Tour of Destruction" category. I see a lot of comments (on workshop page) that look like players would really appreciate those kind of tracks.

While you consider stuff to be put in the game - ever reconsidered a gamemode that adds a nitrous bottle to your car? I'd love to see a gamemode where you could have a couple of acceleration/speed boosts during a race until the bottle is empty. To have that as a gamemode = more variety in gameplay experience. Or is there really no chance at all, that a nitro boost will ever make it to Wreckfest regardless of shape or form?

Purple44

Track-wise it would be great to have more of what once was the "Tour of Destruction" category. I see a lot of comments (on workshop page) that look like players would really appreciate those kind of tracks.

I also would like to see some more tracks show up under "Tour of Destruction" category. Rough and tumble racing!! Like fig 8 tracks with jumps and "flag pole" turn arounds. :)

Bugbear, fill free use any my track ideas for the Speedway 2 fig 8 track here:   :D

Rowdy Burns

Suicide team game mode should be in the full release even if it`s online only!

NicoP

I really don't understand why they still didnt add suicidal race game mode where half opponents go on the opposite direction... Like thats is the most fun from the derby game and they will seriously do a mistake if they don't add it... I just really don't understand... There is many backwarders online for a reason and the bests derby game all had that. I don't know if they only want super serious simulation :/ I really hope they will add it. Like seriously, they lost nothing do add it and they would won many orders just because of this game mode.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 07:24:42 PM by NicoP »

BenDover

@Janne

Happy you enjoy the server and yes, so many could be more intressted in this game and making an folkrace DLC themed update will get alot of new ppl to the game, sadly with the name "wreckfest" so many think its just an wrecking game, but the racing in this game have so much potential and we have seen that alot becuse what I can see, most of the time the racing servers are the ones who are the most popular in a "wrecking game" and that says some :)
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Purple44

I really don't understand why they still didnt add suicidal race game mode where half opponents go on the opposite direction... Like thats is the most fun from the derby game and they will seriously do a mistake if they don't add it... I just really don't understand... There is many backwarders online for a reason and the bests derby game all had that. I don't know if they only want super serious simulation :/ I really hope they will add it. Like seriously, they lost nothing do add it and they would won many orders just because of this game mode.

Maybe because doing suicide tracks with AI sectors and checkpoints not an easy thing to do.

Was not easy for me and I just had cars going same direction, not 2 different directions!  :P