Author Topic: Multiplayer framework  (Read 3286 times)

Kollega

I have an important question: what multiplayer framework will be used in the game? Nowadays, the developers mostly jump onto the Steamworks bandwagon, because it's a DRM solution, a multiplayer framework, an update system, and a platform to sell your game all in one, but i would prefer Next Car Game to be DRM-free (if it's possible). Has it been decided yet if the game is going to use Steamworks, some other third-party solution, or a homebrew solution?

Masterjoc

Its already on Steam Greenlight and on Place 26 (latest info i got).
You can expect it in a few days, weeks or months to be on steam (early access area).

Kollega

I know it's on Steam - the question is if it'll ONLY be on Steam.

Tapio Vierros

Nothing is set in stone yet, but the intention is to be on all major digital distribution services and also sell it directly.

Purple44

Nothing is set in stone yet, but the intention is to be on all major digital distribution services and also sell it directly.

But would it be DRM free? Like Kollega asked.

With the PC, I do not think Devs can release a game with out some kind of DRM protection to slow down people that pirate PC games. Especially on release day when Dev make the majority of their sales. Just don't over do the DRM. Steam keys have become excepted way of doing DRM with the PC community.

But Devs also need to release a demo before release so PC players can test game to see if it will run on there computers. Talking about you Codemasters who has not release demo yet for GRID 2, but did release demos for their previous racing titles!!

Now if Bugbear wanted to remove DRM after say 6 months for offline version....
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

crazychris4124

You can expect it in a few days, weeks or months to be on steam (early access area).

how do you check what place its in??

Tapio Vierros

I'll quote Joonas from an earlier topic:
Quote from: Joonas Laakso
We don't have a stance on DRM - we plain haven't discussed it yet and have never self-published before. More on this later.

I think greenlight does not display the rankings in public, but you can follow our twitter where the latest info seems to be #22.

crazychris4124

We don't have a stance on DRM - we plain haven't discussed it yet and have never self-published before. More on this later.

I think greenlight does not display the rankings in public, but you can follow our twitter where the latest info seems to be #22.

whats the latest on pre order sales??

RacerBest

~2200 pre-orders.

Purple44

~2200 pre-orders.

The pre-order count been stuck at 2200 since last Thursday. Not a good sign there been less than 100 pre-orders for the last 5 days or Bugbear has forgotten about updating their webpage. :(

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,854.30.html

22% guys, slowly but steadily...can't wait  :D

Purple44

~2200 pre-orders.

The pre-order count been stuck at 2200 since last Thursday. Not a good sign there been less than 100 pre-orders for the last 5 days or Bugbear has forgotten about updating their webpage. :(

From Bugbear twitter page today:

BugbearEntertainment ?@bugbeargames - 3h

@Lion_BC304 Whoops, the frontpage progress bar had not updated, actually. 26% now.

http://nextcargame.com/