Author Topic: January Update  (Read 13641 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

A critical hotfix for January Update is now out, addressing some of the misfires with the update:
  • MP: Unresponsive zombie clients now get disconnected properly.
  • Having the example vehicle mod enabled will no longer cause the game to crash at launch.
  • Installing the "None" front bumper on Nexus will no longer cause the game to crash.
  • Fixed a number of visual glitches related to customization parts.
  • Decreased strength of most front and rear bumbers.
  • Increased mechanical damage on normal damage setting.
  • Added track info for Tarmac 3 Short Route Reverse.
  • Career: Demolition Derby series are now shorter and single heat only.
  • bgeometry.exe and bimage.exe are now included in the tools folder.
KNOWN ISSUES:
  • MP: Spectating will occassionally crash the game, please avoid until a fix is out.

STRmods

A critical hotfix for January Update is now out, addressing some of the misfires with the update:

That was quick, thanks!
I will have to change my strength on protective parts too again haha
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 05:20:15 PM by STRmods »

Tonza

Bumper strength deffo a step in the right direction maybe little more tweaking, sides still very strong though

Janne Suur-Näkki

@Tonza you're right - we figured the front and rear are the most critical ones, we'll fine-tune all of them soon.

@STR Sorry about that, just don't feel obliged to ;)

catn1p

Cool thx fot the hotfix!

I fired up carreer mode this morning and there are two things I remeber I wanted to mention.

-Sometimes you can see the countdown for race start by itself when the camera is still floating around the track before race. So the race starts but the camera is not locked to the car yet. Pressing Esc and going back to game sets the camera behind the car.

-Real players names for AI is cool and all but I got a strange vibe when I had to race myself. Have any of you guys seen Black Mirror on Netflix? Yeh it felt kinda like I was racing my own cookie, really weird, lol. Or am I the cookie? This show has traumatized my a bit I think.

Shall try out online now, cya on the track peeps!
generally driving fair, unless being pestered
                    do you even drift bro?
Intel i7-7700 @ 4,2 GHz // GeForce GTX 1080
16 GB RAM // 250 GB SSD // 2 TB HDD // G27

TheEngiGuy

IMHO in career mode, AI should have varying levels of performances (with some AI drivers having upgraded components, others having vanilla components, something like that).

Hi!

We need better hood locks. Now they loose too easy and hood pops to eyes.
Nothing Beats Cubic Inches --- Bigger Is Better

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro

Andy Rotten

anyone has this bug with the smoke?
https://ibb.co/kKXtb6

i7 7700
16gb ram
GTX 1060 6gb
SDD 256gb
Graphics ultra quality

KingOfTheCakes

Just tried out realistic damage, and it does bring out some interesting races! Will it be coming to Career and Multiplayer too? Really hope so because it does add to the carnage at times. :D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 01:07:53 AM by KingOfTheCakes »
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Purple44

Bonecracker, what video card you using? Problem maybe MSAA setting:

Graphic issue (smoke/dust, darkness, flipped shadows)

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

TH8

I just fired up Wreckfest with this latest update...no problems here on my system, apart from having to re-map one of my two USB connected TH8 Shifters every time I log in, but apart from that ...Absolutely Brilliant....fantastic audio, especially the impact audio ,crashing into other cars, walls, tyres etc (better than, well...all the other Sims out there I would have to say)...very good graphics, up there with the best....and great car handling / physics, almost on par with most other Sims...I would almost call this a Sim. (only my personal opinion based on all the other Sims I have on my PC)
Liking the direction Bugbear is going with this...very enjoyable indeed.
Win 7 + GTX690 | Thrustmaster TS-XW Racer Sparco P310 Wheel | 2x Thrustmaster TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod | TH8A | ECCI Trackstar 6000 Pedals | Button Box | TH8rs | Asus Strix 7.1 Headphones | Triple Screen 5760x1080

FalconXY

I like the update, especially the realistic setting and the new outer oval track with the two loops. That's great carnage.  :D
Please add a track with several flagpole loops.

The polished tracks looks great now with all the details and crowds added. But the crowds needs cheer sounds when you pass by.
Now it feels a bit lifeless. I would like to have a track announcer too. All should be switchable if someone don't likes it.

I only had credits to buy the warwagon. That's a great machine. I love it.

On AI expert settings it's really a bit unfair on round tracks because the AI cars are on rails and can take corners way faster than it should be (especially on gravel, they drive like on tarmac).

I like the new sounds when your car falls apart but I don't like these occasional bursts of flames.
I would prefer a big burst of blue smoke (oil burned) instead.

Please add a switch for healthbar OFF (server and single player choice) but player names ON.
It's too bad in derbies.

On multiplayer all my cars I had before the update have a part missing (red exclamation mark) but I can use the new warwagon that I have bought today.
What part is missing ?

I would like to have a sell option for the car market.
And to access the parts market when you are on a MP server (like it was in an older build).

The game is very good now but would be the best if we can have more game modes after release please.   ;)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 04:07:32 AM by FalconXY »
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

Andy Rotten

Bonecracker, what video card you using? Problem maybe MSAA setting:

Graphic issue (smoke/dust, darkness, flipped shadows)

Thank you, Gigabyte GTX 1060
i7 7700
16gb ram
GTX 1060 6gb
SDD 256gb
Graphics ultra quality

TeksWiller

Bug report: At Sandpit 2 with TriStar (Volvo) engine failed but I was allowed to drive three laps with engine fire :D
i5-6400 (stock), gtx960 2gb, 8gb ddr3 2400mhz, Logitech g25 (with h-shifter) at 900 degrees.

Luc34

Hi and thx for the update !
I didnt tried to swap engine but why bigger engines are less powerfull ?
it cost a lot so I dont dare to try it to lose performances.

btw nice new cars !