Author Topic: January Update  (Read 13614 times)

STRmods

Very pleased with the update, the new effects and sounds for damage give it much more of a feel than just a damage indicator and messages saying whats broken. :)

I also made a quick fix for the crash that occurs when you try to select the "None" front bumper option for anyone interested, before there's a hotfix for it.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1289422010 No longer needed as it has been hotfixed
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 05:16:15 PM by STRmods »

TheEngiGuy

Some grill bars are invisible in cockpit view! Also, is there a way to set realistic damage model in career mode too?

I'd like to see graphically better deformed cars on release (less gloomy reflections), more physics tweaks, better shadows and driver animations.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 11:33:11 PM by TheEngiGuy »

BenDover

Feedback about the update.

I got really disappointed about the realism dmg only beeing in Custom events and not able to have on the servers.

But still we have that ONE problem I have been on you about for I dont know now. Years? - Yeah, servers are still crashing and even with this update you need to do a manual restart of the server becuse ppl cant ready up anymore, this is not only frustrating me but everyone online I would say. Right now I am so disappointed and wondering to just stop hosting overall becuse I feel that you dont care about us anymore. I have begged so long for you to fix the servers and now I feel like I could not leave my home becuse ppl will not be able to play if I cant manual restart it when the "ready up" bug happens....

You cannot chat after races anymore if you dont go into "spectate" and I think alot of ppl wanna have the chatbox back.

Anyway, new routes seems fun (sandpit 1 short) was awesome!!! And new cars are always fun!

I hope you take this really serious now becuse with the MP experience destroyed as it is right now.

EDIT: So I cooled of a bit, sry but its so frustrating and I know you trying to fix it. "MP: Fixed a case in which player quitting caused a crash." this dosent work, server still crashing when someone leaves sometimes.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 01:54:21 AM by BenDover »
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

PsychOXRat

So, the note about the "MP player quitting causes a crash" bug being fixed, if you meant the game itself, then sure, maybe that is fixed. What isn't fixed, however, is the server crashing when a player quits, as that can and does still happen. I think that note needs a bit more information as it's quite vague as to whether the client or server crash is fixed.
Playing online has become annoying for people that frequent servers with a track rotation since today, after the update, within 2 hours I had seen the server I was on crash about 6 times and have the ready bug twice, meaning a server restart and a rotation restart, so people end up racing the same 1 or 2 tracks until the server crashes again, causing people to complain about the game and servers. I don't know what's gone wrong with the development of the server software, but it seems like age old bugs that really should have been fixed or attempted to be fixed by now have been ignored and barely acknowledged, which, in my honest opinion, is no way to handle issues with what will, and has been, a main way for people to play NCG after they finish the career section.

Another issue I've found is that whenever I select any of the server filters, the game straight up crashes to desktop, I believe I encountered this in the last update as well but forgot to say about it.

Onto the good bits:

Engine swaps returning is great, as cars I loved to battle people with online, the Nexus RX and Firefly, now have the capability to outrun people in other cars such as the sunrise.

New cars are decent and have unique handling, which is nice.

New effects for vehicle damage are nice, although I still don't seem to feel any difference in my wheel if I bend or lose a wheel in game.

Car parts are nice to finally have for all cars, though I wish there were more options other than parts to make the vehicle stronger such as "tuning" bumpers that have different looks that don't affect the vehicle's strength or weight.

New routes are great to finally have, though I wish there were some more variants of the older tracks, like the mixed route on Tarmac 1 that you can't go down currently, the use of the longer layout of Mixed 3, more tarmac 3 routes, the list could go on a bit more.
System Specs: Intel i7-7700K CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

Sandmann

Dear Bugbear,

I really appreciate the development of the last month. The progress of the game is going in the right way, good job so far.
But tbh there is one big thing thats really pissed off a lot of ppl. Not only me.
The Servers arent stable. Some bugs (for example: ppl, who leaving a server, causing a server crash) are years old. Ofcourse new updates creating new crashes, thats normal. But atm server are crashing every hour one time. Thats ridiculous.

Please bugbear fix some major crash issues.

timmy76

Meh, still not impressed.
W.I.P PC specs
i7 8700K @4.7 GHZ, Ram 16GB 3200, G/card TBA.
Wheel: Thrustmaster TX, T3PA Pro pedals, TH8A shifter.

KingOfTheCakes

I love it when this game gets an update and it has been loads of fun, BUT there's one big problem with the upgrade system, and that is the strengthening.

I think allowing us to strengthen our cars so that they're almost indestructible ruins the entire game's balance, especially during the derbies, even if you're the one getting hit, others don't really stand a chance. Also, Imagine having a derby full of hardened cars, that would last for weeks wouldn't it?

Imo, keep the upgrades but don't let us be able to max out the strength of our cars. Instead it should only be a minor improvement so other people do have a fighting chance, (have it up to 6-7 max. for all cars). It's too drastic the way it is now, even if it effects handling. Having an almost indestructible car feels like a cheat more than anything.

Other slight problem I've seen is that the far chase camera on the WarWagon makes it really hard to see some corners. Is there any chance this camera can be move up a little bit so we see better?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 03:46:02 AM by KingOfTheCakes »
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

NicoP

I love it when this game gets an update and it has been loads of fun, BUT there's one big problem with the upgrade system, and that is the strengthening.

I think allowing us to strengthen our cars so that they're almost indestructible ruins the entire game's balance, especially during the derbies, even if you're the one getting hit, others don't really stand a chance. Also, Imagine having a derby full of hardened cars, that would last for weeks wouldn't it?

Imo, keep the upgrades but don't let us be able to max out the strength of our cars. Instead it should only be a minor improvement so other people do have a fighting chance, (have it up to 6-7 max. for all cars). It's too drastic the way it is now, even if it effects handling. Having an almost indestructible car feels like a cheat more than anything.

Other slight problem I've seen is that the far chase camera on the WarWagon makes it really hard to see some corners. Is there any chance this camera can be move up a little bit so we see better?

I hope bugbear will read this post! I really don't like the new armor system! Its make having no armor not viable, and its very cheat and not fun at all. We will never see normal cars anymore... thats stupid U_u. I prefer without this. Also cars just look like tanks and not like cars thats horrible. I miss the december update

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks for the feedback everyone, we've read every bit and as lamentable it is there are still issues to work out.

The customization upgrades are currently in the testing phase to gather feedback, and we'll adjust them accordingly. Straight away it does look like they are currently too powerful.

As for the multiplayer issues, we've patched the server software in almost every update, many times addressing a critical issue, but it seems like they're popping up left and right and every time we fix a crash it just manifests somewhere else. We'll be running the test server starting next week, hopefully we can get as many people to join as possible to identify whatever critical issues there are.

Also, we're looking at patching the game as soon as possible to fix the new ghost client bug.

Dalags

Just tried to export a track in 3ds Max using the Plugin, and got this message:

Was bGeometry.exe left out? I can't see it in the /tools directory or find any copy of it in any other folder.

Callahan420

Nice new update. I love the armor enhancements.

On the mudpit derby there is a weird sound that sounds like something dragging, gravel or boosting sound about every 5-10 seconds. I really don't know how to explain it. I don't know if it is intentional or not but it is very annoying.

Zebulon55

Just gave the build a try or two, and found the steam from the blown radiator and the occasional bursts of flames in the cabin while driving with critical damage welcome additions!

The flames look a little over the top coming from the dash, but it's awesome. I sure hope I'm not seeing some kind of bug!  8)

Haven't tried MP, but I like what I see so far! Thanks!   ;D
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Janne Suur-Näkki

@Dalags Yes, it looks like the compile tools were missing from the yesterday's update, they'll be back in the hotfix.

HansPremium

the derby cups in career are too long, 12 derbys in a row are way too much. i personally would recommend 2 or 3 in a row
great update all in all, love the speeddemon ;D

Janne Suur-Näkki

@HansPremium Agreed, they will be changed.