Author Topic: Custom tracks crashes the game, help  (Read 587 times)

The Very End

So, new patch new challenges ^^ Well, half of my tracks seems to crash, and I am not sure what is causing it. I have taken all the new objects from data/art/objects in BB's main folder to ensure there are no legacy files crashing, but cannot seem to find out if or what object causes it.
I suspect the animations objects causes it, so I have tried moving the updated files from BB's main folder as well as creating new dntp files (start_dynamic_animation.dntp which calls on a trigger while which in turns goes to en .agen file with related file), but it's still crashing the game on loadup.
Anyone have an idea what I can do here (removing all the animations altogether is hopefully not a solution)?

Also, possible to get this dntp file (see picture)?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 04:04:00 PM by The Very End »

Janne Suur-Näkki

No idea what that is but here you go:

https://mega.nz/#!3lNnxQRR!QQ0SQWAgatzVyVzY-Mu4KViiWCxeEQzfk3xsIZ4zFxk

Can't say anything about the crash from here, but if you want to zip and share one of the tracks I can take a look.

The Very End

Thanks for the file :)

As for the track, I have attached in 2015 max format. Guess you will get a lot of xref errors and texture errors, but hopefully your trained eyes can spot the issue? :)
File (No worries, my work is not secret so whoever can download it): https://mega.nz/#!EkgxFLzI!iPbP17P4RZJ73adSs7X3lUszYRTI5Jl7hNHi6PM-tRE

Edit: While at it, do you have "data/property/object/animtype.anty" too? I am super curious how you got bones / rigged animation / vertex animation working, and something tells me there are some goodies hidden. If this is restriced I'll accept that.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 05:58:00 PM by The Very End »

sam223

I found a few missing textures on kingslynn/emmen tor

prop_truck1_container_c
prop_truck1_container_ns
building_start1_wall1_c
vehicle_ambulance01_c
prop_portabletoilet1_c

Theres a door aswell mod_ab_...... (but i cant find the exact file now)
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

The Very End

Thanks for the headup Sam, I'll sort 'em out :)

TT

Funeral Machine just fixed his Speedway 1 Historic Track mod.

You might check that or ask him.

TT

Yeah, he said it was old object files.

Dalags

For each track what I would do is divide content up into folders, hiding all but one folder at a time before exporting.
Keep dividing the content by 2, and you can quickly narrow down the content causing issues.
If you've got 200 xrefs, you can go down to 100/50/25/12/6 pretty quickly.
In regards to legacy content, there are some .scnes in your data/art/objects which haven't been updated since August last year, no idea if that's your issue though.
Missing textures would just show as purple? so I doubt that'll be the problem.

I've got the positions bug on my Hednesford Oval, but haven't looked into fixing that yet.

The Very End

Thanks for reply; The object in my developer version is updated to last patch, basically taking them directly from the main folder and copy them into mod folder. This should eliminate legacy stuff, but I still looking into this and hopefully the culprint is found soon.

The Very End

Further info: I have re-exported tracks, but same stuff happens. I have no idea what causing the issue :/

Edit: Seems like there is something going on with Xrefs. The second I add a xref the game crashes... I have re-exported every object and whatnot, copied them over from original BB, but still - game crashes the second I add a xref to the scene. Anything we can do?

Edit2: Scrap above, seems like some xrefs work and some don't. The hunt is on  you bitchrefs!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 11:30:42 AM by The Very End »

Purple44

Further info: I have re-exported tracks, but same stuff happens. I have no idea what causing the issue :/

Edit: Seems like there is something going on with Xrefs. The second I add a xref the game crashes... I have re-exported every object and whatnot, copied them over from original BB, but still - game crashes the second I add a xref to the scene. Anything we can do?

Edit2: Scrap above, seems like some xrefs work and some don't. The hunt is on  you bitchrefs!

Good luck End!! Wish you success in figuring out your bugs!
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Can you send me some xref object that crashes the game?

The Very End

I replaced it, but basically what it was was the "prop_barracks1" one - the deformable barrack. You know what the new name for that prop is btw?

I'm pretty sure those barracks were deleted, or they will be anyways.

The Very End

Noes :C They were such a joy to plow through ..