Author Topic: I think these question need an own thread.  (Read 1061 times)

BenDover

Nice update guys, good to see every car can be A class now.

Only concern is that the Nexus (actually, FWD as a whole)is a little too powerful now, even on tracks that before suited the bigger cars. Even a power track like Tarmac 2, it's quicker to use the Nexus than the AM1.

Hopefully a balance pass is on the cards, it would be nice to have to use multiple different cars over all the tracks though, rather than what every build has been afflicted by - one car being clearly better than all the rest.

It also feels to me that the cars are slightly slower than in the previous update, was there a change to the power of the cars? If so, can we get a leaderboard wipe?

Also, the new short Sandpit 1 variants are missing leaderboards.

@janne I agree with Brians point and it would be more fun to see ppl using their favorite car and not the one who are OP atm and as he says, FWD are really OP atm.

Some other things I wanna ask you.

1. Can you maximize the limit on how many bans you can do? Right now you can only do 128 and we reaching the end of that line, why have you set a limit to it in the 1st place and IF you need to have a limit, could you just set it higher to 500-1000 ? No I dont think we will ever ban so many players but I dont see why its unlimited in the 1st place :)

2. Can you give (if you can) an ETA on when realistic dmg comes to MP? This is something I would love to see soon becuse it will makes more intressting races :D

3. What I have seen, after you ban someone with the /bansteamid command and the server crash the ban are resetted.

4. The server feels more stable again but its still not 100%, sry for my last comment but I was really frustrating with the ping ghost bug who made it unplayable on MP. - The problem are still that when someone leaves the server could crash.

5. More routes to more tracks / new tracks with folkrace theme?

6. Mod support! - Yeah we have mod support and I have asked this befor aswell, but this is something I think alot of modded hosters want aswell and thats a better mod support system. Such as valves games where upon joining a server you just downloading the mods on the server and then you are able to play and then you can just join another server without needing to turn off mods etc. This would make a HUGE impact on the game becuse more content would go out to even vanilla servers such as new community tracks/routes made and therefor we would get more content overall.

7. Why rename the steam name for the game? "Wreckfest (January 2018)" ? It was fine with "Next Car Game: Wreckfest" even if I am not a fan of the name wreckfest.

With the last updates the game have started to get more popular and I love this, I love the game and I really want to see it succeed to get atleast 3-4k player peak/day in the furture becuse you guys doing a really good job with the 2-3 last update that given us more routes and cars (without the server issues that have been).

Yes, I posted this in the January update thread but I think its better to be places in a thread alone so it wont dissapear in other comments. I think these questions are important to ask and also giving bugbear some time to fix extra things that would be helpfull befor release.

Also @Janne, I have always felt since B7+ somewhere that driving on tarmac feels like you driving on ice, Rat have find something in the files that might help  you out with that but he dont wanna get the time to whrite it down himself becuse last time he just felt ignored. I think taking some help/tips from him could help making the game better and it dosent cost to much time to look into?
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

St. Jimmy

5. More routes to more tracks / new tracks with folkrace theme?
This would be very welcome. Joker lap support would be awesome to see.

6. Mod support! - Yeah we have mod support and I have asked this befor aswell, but this is something I think alot of modded hosters want aswell and thats a better mod support system. Such as valves games where upon joining a server you just downloading the mods on the server and then you are able to play and then you can just join another server without needing to turn off mods etc. This would make a HUGE impact on the game becuse more content would go out to even vanilla servers such as new community tracks/routes made and therefor we would get more content overall.
Need of restart the game is very common in modded games. Very few games have it so you don't need to restart the game when changing mods.
But some kind of a launcher would be very nice. Arma 3 is a good example of how they've done it. Their launcher has mod list and server list so you can enable the mods you want before launching the game. Then the server list also works so if you want to join a server, it asks if you want to setup the mods and join. They can detect what SW mods the server is using and I think they can sometimes even get the non-SW mods right.
Some automatic info of what mods are used would be welcome at least and hopefully even some kind of a "click join and enable the needed mods" feature will be introduced.

7. Why rename the steam name for the game? "Wreckfest (January 2018)" ? It was fine with "Next Car Game: Wreckfest" even if I am not a fan of the name wreckfest.
Finally the game got the right name ;)
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

sam223

Regarding mods i had a bit of a look at steam API yesterday and can launch the game from a link, and can include a server ip in that link. Although it only asks if you wanna allow steam to connect that server,still sends you to main menu.
Apparently there is commands for mods aswell. Maybe that's a part time solutions if you can get it working.

Since its all contained within the modlist.mods file,maybe someone else could write a little app to edit that file and turn mods on/off without opening the game?

As far as mod orders go,i hope they don't change that as its one of the good things about wreckfest modding. Being able to make mods of mods without re-releasing the whole mod.

Automatic ordering of mods by server config would be welcomed though. Or letting people join vanilla servers with mods on and just excluding additional/edited files from client i.e only load vanilla content when entering vanilla server with mods on.

Auto download would be good but only if you can setup workshop to handle the distribution. I certainly wouldn't want to be providing auto downloads of mods from server for people joining,would soon run out of bandwidth.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Purple44

Automatic ordering of mods by server config would be welcomed though. Or letting people join vanilla servers with mods on and just excluding additional/edited files from client i.e only load vanilla content when entering vanilla server with mods on.

But would this cause a problem for us that load safe mods like custom skins, cameras and purple smoke when joining a stock host online?

« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 12:43:33 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

sam223

But would this cause a problem for us that load safe mods like custom skins, cameras and purple smoke when joining a stock host online?

Maybe local mods could be excluded, but it'd probably cause more problems than it's worth when setting it up. Easier maybe to have -mods: launch options.
Automatic downloads would probably cause the same issue. If the game requires a restart in order to load mods,how would you know what you've just downloaded after game reboots. And what order to put them in.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 03:25:28 AM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Janne Suur-Näkki

Only concern is that the Nexus (actually, FWD as a whole)is a little too powerful now, even on tracks that before suited the bigger cars. Even a power track like Tarmac 2, it's quicker to use the Nexus than the AM1.

Very true, we have noticed that too and we're working on solution that would not cripple the FWD cars completely. If you have any ideas let's hear them :)

1. Can you maximize the limit on how many bans you can do? Right now you can only do 128 and we reaching the end of that line, why have you set a limit to it in the 1st place and IF you need to have a limit, could you just set it higher to 500-1000 ? No I dont think we will ever ban so many players but I dont see why its unlimited in the 1st place :)

Done, 1024 now.
2. Can you give (if you can) an ETA on when realistic dmg comes to MP? This is something I would love to see soon becuse it will makes more intressting races :D

In the major next update, so many balls currently up in the air that can't give even a rough estimate in fear of talking bollocks once again but it's definitely coming.

BenDover

@Janne, thanks for the answers!! :) I know you might not be able to answer all of them but I am glad you answer the ones you could! Thanks alot for the increased maxbans and hope for that fix for the FWD cars ^^

Hehe, thats fine, I understand you want to release updates after update but alot of work going into that, thanks for making the realistic dmg coming to MP in the next update even if its far away :)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

PsychOXRat

Janne, as you probably know by my PMs to you and some of the posts made, it's not that FWD needs less power, just that they need to handle more like FWD cars as right now the fastest way around a corner is to go pretty much full throttle to let the slipping front tyres turn the car in more than when the tyres should have more grip - when they're not spinning, i.e no throttle through turns as this causes the car to understeer horribly. It's weird to explain, but the cars have no lift off oversteer, but have lift off understeer, like the game is made so the tyres have more grip while slipping than when they're not, which would be the opposite of what should be happen. Of course, I'm just speculating that part but could that be a possible mistake somewhere in the physics engine? No matter what I can think of, I can't quite figure out what makes the Nexus and firefly so "grippy" in turns that I can change to give it a more FWD feeling.
System Specs: Intel i7-7700K CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

BrianUK

So, I did a lap for Rat when he was looking for extra pace, and I've been watching the lap back just now. The car is so grippy whenever you feed power in, which just enables absurd corner speeds in a car that otherwise should suffer from crazy understeer with the amount of power going through the wheels. (I can't remember how to embed videos on this forum, so whatevs).

You can see I'm feeding power in through the S and the car is just grabbing and holding a tight line. If I was to lift off, the front end would wander out wide.

Now, I tested a RWD EU3 RS, and a FWD EU3 RS. The pace of them was roughly the same (a 45.9 and 46.1 respectively), so it doesn't seem that it's the drivetrain that's the issue here, although this could be anomalous and I simply got the only car that has the same pace regardless of where the power is being placed.

However, an hour after I wrote the above, I thought about the diffs. Now, I always run locked because it's the fastest way to drive in every build since 7, open and LSD have become useless, so that is an issue in and of itself. The Nexus with an open diff, however, drives exactly as you would expect a FWD with bundles of power. Lift-off oversteer and power-on understeer if you get too happy on the throttle.

Therefore, I suggest you guys look at the diffs and maybe adjust how they work on different cars, while also looking to bring anything other than fully locked back into use.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 10:24:57 AM by BrianUK »

Purple44

Need remove the s Brain:

https://

http://

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

simosimo

Realistic damage in MP is the update i'm waiting for  :D

Janne Suur-Näkki

Working on it :)

Good news about server stability. We managed to isolate and identify one fatal crash related to player(s) quitting mid-race and we're working on addressing it - fingers crossed this is now THE bug.

simosimo

Nice Janne,

Glad the game seems to be hitting it's stride now; I can't wait for my console friends to get their hands on it. Have a few Destruction Derby fans waiting in the wings :)

BenDover

Working on it :)

Good news about server stability. We managed to isolate and identify one fatal crash related to player(s) quitting mid-race and we're working on addressing it - fingers crossed this is now THE bug.

That sounds awesome!

Janne Suur-Näkki

Also related to multiplayer, we fixed the bug of not being able to ready up in certain cases as well + the server browser should now correctly display the names of servers running custom content.