Author Topic: Mods not working  (Read 592 times)

mitchlol57

In December I started getting the "FatalDiskError" and so to fix it, I belive (If I remeber correctly) I deleted the modlist.mods file. So Now whenever I try to subscruve to a mod It doesn't seem to download it and it certainly doesn't show up in the mods list when I launch the game. Nothing shows up there besides the "example" mod. Any fix suggestions?

Purple44

Some mods may still be listed at Workshop, but the files been removed. Like my Suicide track pack until I get around to trying to fix it. Kind of hard to fix this mod since the Sandpit 1 track I used, look like this now:

What mod you trying to load?

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

mitchlol57

I understand the update killed many many mods, but some of the few mods I have recently tried downloading are for sure for the lastest update and I don't understand why they won't work. Mods such as "AI buys body upgrades", "Free Market" (the update reset my 30+ hours on the update), and "Online Bangers: Wreckfest". Whenever I subscribe to a mod in the workshop nothing happens other than it saying "Subscribed", in the downloads section it doesn't say The Wreckfest Workshop is downloading anything either. But when logged on this morning I noticed the game got a hotfix, but it says the update is 9.1GB which seems unlikely for a hotfix, so all the other things it wants me to download might be the workshop mods aswell. But I'll have to wait for 2AM before my ISP lets me try to download 9.1GB.

Heddly

Yes, and that leads to a problem I have been thinking of. When the game is officially released, what will happen to mods in the Workshop that have not been working since the updates have been released?

Remove them until they are fixed to work properly? As the official release date nears BugBear should work to improve the game experience for new users and avoid any frustration from bugged mods.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Absolutely. We're just not sure what we can do - if we implement any kind of version check to the game a lot of the old mods that still do work will cease functioning as well so it's probably not the path to take.

Likewise, we wouldn't really like to go as far as to remove those Workshop mods that haven't been updated.

Automatically disabling all mods whenever there's an update could be something to consider, though, as well as a version check + a warning in case of an outdated mod.

sam223

Its a bug with the workshop i think. Mods don't always show up as downloading and instead just download in the background.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

mitchlol57

I've tried everything and the only thing that seems to work is finding the folder where all the workshop mods are downloaded and manually installing them to the game's data and mods folders, this only works for some mods and not many though, but its sort of a fix.