Author Topic: Fastest lap of the race notification during race  (Read 468 times)

MSPORTBMW

Hi....I dont know if this has been asked for before, but apon searching, i couldnt find anything.
But id like to see a notification come up where the lap timer is if you do the current fastest lap of the race - Even if it was just a case of changing your lap timer to purple when you cross the start finish line to show that you currently have the fastest lap....I know currently that when you do your own personal fastest lap, your lap timer goes green, but it would be nice to show purple if you manage the fastest out of everybody during a race.  I know it shows you at the end of the race who got the fastest lap, but id like to see it during a race too.
Im no programmer, but i doubt it would take much to implement it.
Any chance of adding it to the finished game??

Btw, i purchased this game when it was first available, and its been a while, but you guys at bugbear are making one hell of a fun racing game. Cant wait till its finished.
Great work

Janne Suur-Näkki

That's a good idea, will try to make it happen.

Thanks for your kind words about the game - absolutely awesome to hear especially coming from an old-timer such as yourself that we're taking the right steps.

MSPORTBMW

Great Janne....Thats great news, just gives it that little more competetive edge.  And also while on the same subject ...how about adding when you break your own personal best on any given track that you get an on screen notification. As the vast majority of players will not set fastest laps in a race but they may well break their own PB and its a good feeling when you know you have just done your best time ever on any particular track.  I hope this could be added too :)

On a different note......Will the people who purchased Master blaster etc still get their name in the game in the finished product?

Oh, and less of the old...lol

All the best

Purple44

Great Janne....Thats great news, just gives it that little more competetive edge.  And also while on the same subject ...how about adding when you break your own personal best on any given track that you get an on screen notification. As the vast majority of players will not set fastest laps in a race but they may well break their own PB and its a good feeling when you know you have just done your best time ever on any particular track.  I hope this could be added too :)

On a different note......Will the people who purchased Master blaster etc still get their name in the game in the finished product?

Oh, and less of the old...lol

All the best

Will there be any issue if first lap one player has best lap, then 2nd lap another player get best lap time and so on?

Ya Janne, have not heard any word yet if the classify Ads are still plan for career mode?

http://web.archive.org/web/20141028232343/http://nextcargame.com/pre-order/

Name in the game

Your name will be featured in-game in “classified ads”!

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

RickyB

For better visibility maybe yellow or orange or magenta or turquoise...? Nothing personal, Purple :)

Could also be fun to have a DNF message like "Player XY just got wrecked" or something like that. Maybe not in the middle of the screen and not as big as the current "Winner" display, which blocks the view on the track quite a bit if you're using chase cam.

MSPORTBMW

"Will there be any issue if first lap one player has best lap, then 2nd lap another player get best lap time and so on?"

What i mean purple is, for example.....if i set the fastest lap on lap 1, then it lights my lap time in purple on my screen only (or whatever colour)  Then you for example was to set the fastest lap of the race on lap 5, then the lap timer on your screen lights up purple(or whatever colour). So it only tells the individual if they have set the fastest lap so far in the race...it wont tell other players in the MP race.
At the end of the race the results screen shows everyone who got the fastest lap(as it does currently).

The same with personal bests on any given race track.....It will only tell the player themselves that they have just beat their personal best......A nice little touch i think.

I just love stats and trying to slash a tenth of a second off my best time.

MSPORTBMW

The only time i think it would be necessary for a banner/notification on all players screens in a MP race is if someone broke the world record time. Or if you topped your steam friends best lap times.
(not that i will ever get a world best time....but i think i could beat some of my steam friends times)

And Purple, i was trying to beat your time on the gravel track today, but fell just short :(

Purple44

The only time i think it would be necessary for a banner/notification on all players screens in a MP race is if someone broke the world record time. Or if you topped your steam friends best lap times.
(not that i will ever get a world best time....but i think i could beat some of my steam friends times)

And Purple, i was trying to beat your time on the gravel track today, but fell just short :(

I got a good time!  :o

Thanks for explaining your idea more. Sound like a good idea.  :)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel