Author Topic: UK Bangers wreckfest cant control cars  (Read 422 times)

MSPORTBMW

Hi guys.....For some reason after the last couple of updates im unable to control the cars in corners like i used to be able to.  Ok i play with keys, but like i say, controlling cars out of corners is now very difficult for me, where i used to be able to drift (sort of) round the corners.....i even put all assists on(i normally set them all at the medium setting) but its the same. Also is there an issue still with the auto gears? 
Its sort of ruined the uk bangers side of things for me as it stands, yet the vanilla game is fine and im able to be pretty competitive.
Any ideas if these things will be fixed in time?

I only used to play the uk bangers wreckfest mod, but as im unable to control the cars as it is, im having to play the vanilla game which is not my preferred option.

I dont know if im the only one who plays with keys and is having the same problem, but i doubt it.

Any pointers would be apprieciated.

P.S  Great to see my home track Yarmouth added.

sam223

Assists are disabled for everyone running the banger mod because people were using them to cheat online. I can enable them for offline only play if you want.
I cant change how the assists work other than turning them on/off. So disabling them was the easy option for balancing.

Try different cars aswell,some are easier to drive than others depending on power to weight ratio
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 04:54:00 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

MSPORTBMW

Hi Sam....yes please if you wouldnt mind enabling for offline.  I will have to try other cars then for online(which is what i prefer by far).

Thanks

tads421

i am in the same boat MSPORTBMW i can not play the mod anymore on keys and auto gears are very bad now i have a G920 wheel and that's a no go with the mod either. most cars now does not come out of first gear and i have to set up buttons for manual gears.

TBH the base game is doing it for me you get the crashing, the racing and none of the well you know ;) plus everyone is so happy in the base servers and just want to play the game, you should come and join us some time in the servers, i race Tuesdays, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights for hours on the "All Out Madness" server!

TADS

sam223

You should be fine on wheel tads. But yes the mod is not setup for automatic gears or keys. You just need to control the throttle more and steering more than base game.
Ill have another look at auto gearboxes at some point.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:01:21 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

MSPORTBMW

Hi Tads......yes exactly the same probs for me.  I have now started playing the base game 95% of the time and do have some fun. I do miss the uk bangers though i must admit.
I wont buy a wheel as i dont get enough time to play as it is so i cant justify the cost. So im gonna do what sam suggested to me and get a super cheap gamepad for a fiver and see if thats better.
No doubt i will see you online in the base game sooner or later mate.