Author Topic: Bugbear... WILL YOU SHUT THE FLAPPING DOOR!!!  (Read 791 times)

Rowdy Burns

It really does irritate me seeing bonnets/hoods boots/trunks with pins/bolts popping open far too easily and flapping about far too unrealistically... Same with the doors that have reinforcement! Front bumpers look dodgy flapping about too with the bonnets on replays. rear bumper hanging is the only exception... Just!

I know it`s just a game but as someone who loves banger racing and other "real" motorsports I do wish Wreckfest would look a little bit more realistic by keeping panels together... Especially when bolted! If they must part then flipping tone down the flapping!!

I`ve never seen flapping doors or bonnets in UK bangers. I even started to watch some folk racing on youtube and so far...no flapping doors, the bonnet and boot pins seem to do their job too!

As for the in game interior view... I`d would rather have over half my view blocked by a crumpled up bonnet than a flappy bonnet bouncing up and down so unrealistically.... Unless I suppose you were racing in a vacuum, but then how would the engines be running?!!

Purple44

I'm fan of seeing the doors flap.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Rowdy Burns

I`m a fan of the (no flapping) old Destruction Derby games on Playstation from back in the day!

In UK bangers all doors boot are bolted and seat belted... Bonnet bolts and other plates also. It would be nice to see this in the game and if other players want their doors to flap I will gladly try my best to open them!

I guess I just love to see bent metal rather than panels missing!

2017 Banger Racing Crash Compilation (Best of PF Racing Media)

Tonza

I like flapping doors. Makes em feel more like a car instead of a play doh brick

Daystar

I like flapping doors. Makes em feel more like a car instead of a play doh brick

Hahahaha!!! Thanks I needed a good laugh tonight! and yeah flappy doors is no problem with me. looks kinda cool going around a corner and the door is wide open. Gangsta style?! ehh just kiddin lol

Rowdy Burns

2:31 ... Now that`s what should happen to all flapping doors!

Big Stock Car Racing Crash Compilation /Folkrace kraschfilm

St. Jimmy

The hood gets released usually bit too early.
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

STRmods

While I agree doors on real life bangers tend to just bend inwards and jam shut, Wreckfest isn't real life and not intending to be a sim. The way I see it Wreckfest is a sort of middle ground between racing sim and arcade. And I think the damage system aside from being visually satisfying (seeing parts fly after collisions) is designed to be a good indicator of damage. As for doors becoming unlocked and swinging, it's more visually representative than a door just being dented but not moving. And unfortunetly I don't think swinging panel parts support collision that would be effective while still attached to the car, so I don't think it would be possible to have unlocked doors squash like you linked to in the video. Ofcourse the unlocking either by mod or as a change to the game by the devs, but personally I don't see a problem with the current settings.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 04:47:32 AM by STRmods »

Black Diesel

Simple solution could be adding tight bolts and screws in car customization, adding a bit weight but makes sure there's no flappy bappy duck!
Mudnight Dirt Club

Rowdy Burns

Since we can customise the cars in the game with new parts being added, I think it would make sense to secure the bonnets boots and doors.

Stock Car = Weakest option - Doors bonnets and boots pop open easy and flap about the most!
Bonnet/Boot Pins = Weak/Medium option... Secured bonnet - Still pops open but with more force.
Bonnet/Boot Bolts with plates like in National Bangers = Medium/Strongest option - unlikely to pop open.
Bolted doors = Medium option - They could still pop open!
Bolted doors with seat belted pillars = Strongest option - unlikely to pop open.

strongest options could have the heaviest weight penalty with each customisation option effecting handling... So if all parts were fitted they would all add up!
4 bolts and plates like in this picture would be the heaviest

4 bonnet pins like in this image could be a medium weight option

In car view would look a lot better being able to customise the bonnet and have it not flap about when racing.

Rowdy Burns

Door polted and seat belted.   Longer plate on the drivers side.

TheEngiGuy

Simple solution could be adding tight bolts and screws in car customization, adding a bit weight but makes sure there's no flappy bappy duck!

Since we can customise the cars in the game with new parts being added, I think it would make sense to secure the bonnets boots and doors.

+1

RickyB

With exception of the hood, I like it, when the flappening is happening. If it can be done with customisation parts, that would be best I guess. I'd also settle for a "release the hood" button :)