Author Topic: New Wreckfest won’t load help!?  (Read 1156 times)

Craigitfc

Got new Wreckfest today downloaded on steam but it won’t load past first screen please help!?

St. Jimmy

System specs? Seeing some HP laptop really makes you wonder if it can even handle the game.
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Purple44

If you ALt=Tab, you see any error messages?

What your computer specs?  Wreckfest a pretty tough game on graphic cards? Did you set graphic settings higher that what Wreckfest picked?

Can add the '  -setup  ' command through Steam launch ( right click, properties ) option to bring graphic setup window up before starting Wreckfest. Best to leave refresh on default. Changing it can cause Wreckfest not to start.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Janne Suur-Näkki

How long did you wait? Depending on your hardware the initial loading can take a surprisingly long time so if you don't see any error message after alt-tabbing it might be worthwhile to just wait and let it load.

Craigitfc

I ALT - TAB and no windows show but if I CONTROL - ALT -DELETE its says not responding but I don’t know if that’s because I have technically closed the game briefly?

I don’t understand how to change graphic settings game run in? I hit properties on steam but can see how to do it also hit properties on Wreckfest and nothing in there?

Janne Suur-Näkki

Not responding is normal if the game is loading and you click on the window or alt-tab.

To invoke the launcher, right click on the game's title in Steam, click on Properties, then add a launch option "-setup" without quotes.

Craigitfc

Great will do this when I get home, maybe I’m not giving it long enough to load?

When I get to graphic settings should I lower them?
Thanks

Janne Suur-Näkki

To make sure the game runs you could probably put the lowest possible settings to cut the loading time, afterwards when you know the game runs it will be easy to adjust them.

Craigitfc

Great will let you know.
Thanks again

Craigitfc

I did attach photo of my PC specs above are they ok?

Thanks

St. Jimmy

I did attach photo of my PC specs above are they ok?

Thanks
Do you have graphics card? i7 640LM integrated Intel HD graphics is DirectX 10.1. The 64-bit of this game is DX11 and I can't now remember if the 32-bit also require that now. Try the 32-bit because it was maybe DX9 still.

Don't expect more than 5-10fps lagfest with that if you don't have any GPU.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 12:42:13 PM by St. Jimmy »

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Craigitfc

I assume I only have what’s intergrated, is it not powerful enough?

How do I check if I have a graphic card? I’ve played other games on it before and it does have directx 11.

Thanks

St. Jimmy

I assume I only have what’s intergrated, is it not powerful enough?

How do I check if I have a graphic card? I’ve played other games on it before and it does have directx 11.

Thanks
Probably the device manager is the quickest way if you don't have any program like MSI Afterburner, GPU-Z, Speccy, etc.
Or you can run dxdiag. Press Windows+R and write dxdiag. You can then post the result here.

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Craigitfc

Will check when I get home later today.
Thanks

Purple44

Wreckfest need a gaming laptop that has a dedicated video card. If just have onbroad graphic chip, laptop maybe choking trying load Wreckfest!
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel