Author Topic: [wheel] brake pedal axis inverted at almost every game launch  (Read 294 times)

Gugus

ISSUE

With G25 wheel + AP electrix brake mod (http://apelectrix.com/)
Brake axis setup is inconsistent between game restarts.

DESCRIPTION

I'm using a G25 with a specific mod on the brake pedal (AP electrix brake mod), which replaces the potentiometer with a load cell.
The caveats with this physical mod, I had to invert the axis as specified by the APex by inverting the electric cables (axis is now inverted compared to standard potentiometer setup). The load cell works way better this way.

On almost *all* my racing games, I can configure my G25 as some "custom" wheel in order to be able to use my inverted brake pedal.

Wreckfest recognizes it too, and has no problem detecting my brake pedal axis. It works perfectly.

But.. at almost *every* game restart, I have 1 chance out of 2 to have my brake pedal axis inverted.
Most of the times, I discover that brake pedal is inverted when I cannot race, until I push the brake with full force...

At first setup, it shows "RZ-AXIS -".
i can play.
i quit.
i restart.
now , when I configure my brake pedal, it is setup as "RZ-AXIS +".
If I don't set it up, I start the races with the brake on. I have to push my brake pedal to unlock brakes ;(

next game startup, either it keeps the previous setup, or it changes. again... It stills shows "RZ-AXIS +", but when I press the brake pedal, it is now "RZ-AXIS -" again.
and on.. and on..

SCREENSHOT/VIDEO

Tonight, i experienced the issue twice :
at first launch, the brake was inverted.
I went to controller settings and set the brake again.

Later on, after closing the game, relaunching it.. I started a race, brakes were completely blocked.
You can see what were the settings on the bottom of the screenshot...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 12:36:40 AM by Gugus »
W10 - Intel Core i5
nVidia 2x GTX-770 SLI
Triple screen setup @5720x1080
G25 wheel + AP electrix brake mod

Heddly

I found this on the http://apelectrix.com website under the calibration link.

"The G25 Load sensor mod will calibrate much like the standard pedal. The difference will be when you are asked to move the pedal throughout it's range.
At this point you will press the pedal as hard as you think you would like to be braking while racing.
NOTE:  If you notice the axis is reversed in your sim, you can reverse the axis in the Logitech Profiler."

Gugus

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

however, I’ve no problem with this. As pointed out by what you are telling me, that’s why I often choose "custom wheel" instead of "g25 wheel" on most simracing games, as the brake pedal axis is inverted.

The difference between all these games and wreckfest is :

- on almost all games (rFactor2, project cars, assetto corsa, euro truck simulator 2, dirt rallye, etc etc etc...), I can setup the brake axis correctly *once for all*.
- on wreckfest, once I setup the brake axis, it stays after a few reboots, then I need to "re-learn" the brake axis to the game.. and it appears inverted (sometimes it works as RZ-AXIS +, some other times it works as RZ-AXIS -).

I repeat : wreckfest is the real *only* game that has this strange behaviour with my brake pedal.

I’ve got a friend of mine who encounters the exact same issue, with the same mod on a G27.
W10 - Intel Core i5
nVidia 2x GTX-770 SLI

Gugus

NOTE:  If you notice the axis is reversed in your sim, you can reverse the axis in the Logitech Profiler."

I never liked to use logitech’s profiler for this, but....
It apparently works way better this way !

I never had to configure my brake pedal anymore since a week I used this "trick"...
W10 - Intel Core i5
nVidia 2x GTX-770 SLI