Author Topic: Steering wheel setup issues (Microsoft Sidewinder)  (Read 324 times)

FelixRaven

(I know this wheel is a bit old, but still works excellently so why change it.)
When finally you can tune it in Wreckfest, it is pretty good.
But the tune-up was very painful.
First: gas and brake should be X axis.
When I started with the wheel, at acceleration I saw X axis +, at brakes I saw X axis -, and at clutch I saw RZ Axis - (or +, I don't remember). (Microsoft Sidewinder doesn't have a clutch pedal!)
When I went to advanced settings, I saw the brake is always on.
So I went back to bindings, and I did redo the setting of brake pedal. That time the RZ Axis - disappeared from next to clutch, and went to brake. (This made the always on brake problem stop.)
My other problem: there are buttons on your wheel which you don't want to use at all, but you cannot delete a binding, just change it. Please add an option, and let users delete an actual function-button binding by backspace.
Asrock s1150 Z87 Extreme 4 || Intel Core i7 4770K BOX (1150) - 3,50GHz || 2 X CORSAIR Vengeance DDR-3 8GB/1600 KIT LP Blue (CML8GX3M2A1600C9B) || Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8G Turbo  || SSD   SAMSUNG 2,5" 840 EVO Basic 250 GB SATA 3 (MZ-7TE250BW) || HDD   Western Digit

Gugus

Hello,

just about this point :

My other problem: there are buttons on your wheel which you don't want to use at all, but you cannot delete a binding, just change it. Please add an option, and let users delete an actual function-button binding by backspace.

You can actually clear all bindings from one controller. Yeah, that is not a clean solution, and you have to setup everything again, but that's the way I did to.
W10 - Intel Core i5
nVidia 2x GTX-770 SLI
Triple screen setup @5720x1080
G25 wheel + AP electrix brake mod

FelixRaven

You can actually clear all bindings from one controller. Yeah, that is not a clean solution, and you have to setup everything again, but that's the way I did to.

At least it doesn't delete the game itself. :-P
Asrock s1150 Z87 Extreme 4 || Intel Core i7 4770K BOX (1150) - 3,50GHz || 2 X CORSAIR Vengeance DDR-3 8GB/1600 KIT LP Blue (CML8GX3M2A1600C9B) || Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8G Turbo  || SSD   SAMSUNG 2,5" 840 EVO Basic 250 GB SATA 3 (MZ-7TE250BW) || HDD   Western Digit