Author Topic: Ai driver skin  (Read 2471 times)

sianlihaa

how to use ai driver skins i dont see any data files. i have flatout 1 gog version and it had data files so i could change the skin but dont see the files in flatout 2

sianlihaa

so does this make possible to play as ray carter or katie jackson etc ?

Tonza

It gives you their paintjobs as an option among the default ones

sianlihaa

so is there any possible to change the driver skin?

Heddly

EDIT: I read this topic wrong, sorry. I was thinking Car Skins you want Driver Skins?

Download bfs2pack and install it. https://sourceforge.net/projects/bfs2pack/

Move the aiskinpack.bfs to the game folder.

Make a backup or a copy of your data folder where the game is located.

Start bfs2pack by double clicking the BFS2pack_smart_gui.exe, right click on the program window, a little square with a ghost, and be sure FO2 is check marked.

Drag and drop the aiskinpack.bfs onto bfs2pack, it will ask where to unpack the BFS, this should be your game folder, click OK and it should ask to overwrite data in the data folder, this is ok.

The game should now have the AI skins in skin slot 5.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 11:48:37 PM by Heddly »
I7-2.9 Ghz 8GB, Radeon R9 200 4GB   http://www.moddb.com/mods/foj-community-mod/addons

Heddly

so does this make possible to play as ray carter or katie jackson etc ?

For AI Drivers you need to go to the data/drivers/ragdoll folder to identify the male and female drivers. These are .DDS files, if you don't have a program to view .dds files you can programs on Google

Use it to identify which file your favorite drivers use and copy and rename them to replace other drivers that are left.

Use it to identify which file your driver uses and find the image of the one you want to use, make a copy and rename it to replace the driver that you want to drive your car.

Hope this helps, busy watching Daytona 500, gotta Goooo.....

sianlihaa

hi after i extracted bfs file it doenst show me data files but when i select the folder in bfs extractor there it shows the data files but doesnt show them in the folder normaly

tolliverj

« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 04:49:35 AM by tolliverj »

tolliverj

« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 04:49:43 AM by tolliverj »

Heddly

I found Shadow's AI Drivers mod for FO2. There is not a readme.txt with the files but has notations on how to use it in the aitodrivewhatCars.foj file. Hope this helps.  :)

Due to listing in database, what you tell the ai to drive in their profile , will not be the proper
car you have told it to drive. So here is the car listing as it is in database. Now when you want to
have a certain ai drive a car, the ai will count down the list starting from 1 at the top and 90 being
the bottom. So lets say you tell an ai driver to drive car  #1 it will actually drive car#6. If you were
wanting the ai to drive car #1 then you should put car #9 as the car number. Cars from 35-90 are ok as
they are in the correct orderso if you want the ai driver to drive car #35, then you put #35 for car number.    
I hope I have simplified how the ai drivers pick their car. So another example, if you want the ai driver to
drive the car25 which is the road king, you would use car#33 in ai profile.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jt7mb7dv3ynr1s7/AI_Mods.rar

Heddly

Forgot to mention that this may only work with the FO2 FOJ Community Mod.

sianlihaa

Thanks i will try and yes i have community mod installed

sianlihaa

still not working cant figure out what to do. I used bfs extractor but after exract is completed it does not show me these data files. pls help

Heddly

It has been too long to remember exactly how it works, sorry

Just try to read all of the included information and good luck.