Author Topic: Can´t join any server! "Fixed"  (Read 1288 times)

Gonbatfire

When i try to join any servers it says: could not  connect to server or connection failed, retry?
I already had problems like this in gameranger, tungle and hamachi, i just opened their ports and that solved it

Homever i already opened the ports 33540 and 27015 and still nothing with this game  :-[

Also, i am from Argentina, maybe that is a problem?

My PC specs if its needed:
i7 2600
Rx 560 4GB
8GB ram
GA-H61M-S1 rev 3.0
W10 64bits
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:07:09 PM by Gonbatfire »

Purple44

If joining a Wreckfest player host or server through Wreckfest Multiplayer option, there no need to forward any ports. Only do this if you want start an online server or player host so other players can see you online.

Now if seeing all red Xs in Server Browser list, here some things you can do:

1. When you bring up host list, you will see Wreckfest verifying your game down in the right-hand bottom corner where you see server message. Until Wreckfest get done with verifying, you will see all red Xs. After verifying done, click refresh bottom 2-3 times, should get you about half the server list without red Xs. The ones still with red Xs are modded servers and will need the correct mods, loaded in the correct order to join them.

2. If still seeing red Xs after verifing process is over, try this:

Did see issue with them darn redXs. When trying to join modded server and trying to go back to stock. Give this method a try if refreshing the host list 3 times not working:

If trying to join modded server, like tonight's Very TrackPack mod. Enable Very TrackPack mod in Mods list, then go to Custom Event, scroll over to The Very TrackPack and pick one the tracks. Start race. After race start, quit and go to Multiplayer, if see all red Xs, click refresh.

Same goes for going back to stock if you seeing all red Xs. Uncheck Very TrackPack mod in Mods list, hit Esc to reboot game. Wreckfest should be stock now. Then go to Custom Event and pick one the stock tracks, start race, quit race after it starts, go to Multiplayer, if see all red Xs, click refresh.

See you guys tonight, off to bed.

Now if still seeing all red Xs after all this, then give this Bugbear help post a try:

Occasionally the game will not launch after installing mods. If this happens, first try launching the game with "-disable_mods" (without quotes) launch option (right click on the game name in Steam Library > Properties > Set Launch Options). If that doesn't help, remove c:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\[User ID]\228380\local\wreckfest early access\modlist.mods file and try again.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 01:47:33 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Gonbatfire

Thanks for the reply, i have just got the game so no mods were installed, but i put the -disable_mods, started a race before going multiplayer, refreshed 10 times, and i still cant connect

Most of the servers dont have any X (only the ones with mods) i dont have that problem

I also dont see any verification progress, maybe is too fast but i dont see one
Edit: if i restart the pc then i can see the verification process but i still have the problem
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 11:31:41 PM by Gonbatfire »

Purple44

Thanks for the reply, i have just got the game so no mods were installed, but i put the -disable_mods, started a race before going multiplayer, refreshed 10 times, and i still cant connect

Most of the servers dont have any X (only the ones with mods) i dont have that problem

I also dont see any verification progress, maybe is too fast but i dont see one
Edit: if i restart the pc then i can see the verification process but i still have the problem

So you do see join-able servers in your host list, no red X?  But get a connection failed when try join server?

I'm curious what kind of PING you seeing if trying to join from Argentina, are all the PINGs above 300? Could you post a pic of your in-game server list?

Are you able join other online racing games?

Gonbatfire

Sorry for the late reply, the electricity went off xD

Here is a capture of my in-game server list, they all have 2 lines or less: https://imgur.com/qYmb36h
Also there is an speedtest atached if you want it.

My internet is very slow (Thanks country) but i´m still able to play online games decently like Overwatch, Minecraft, or Flatout 2 using Gameranger or Tunggle

(sorry for posting an imgur link, i dont understand how to put a big image here)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 04:03:54 AM by Gonbatfire »

Purple44

With 2 bars, you would have a PING under 300, so I don't think high PING would be the problem.

So maybe something at your end stopping you from joining.

Guess you could do the port thing just make sure that not the issue. Ports to forward:

steam_port=27015
steam_port=27016
game_port=33540

Also try connecting to all the 2+ bar servers, see if you get lucky and make it to the lobby, even if there no players there. To see if you can connect to a sever.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 07:18:28 AM by Purple44 »

Gonbatfire

i did it and i still cant connect :(

please check my port configuration maybe im doing something wrong

also i was wondering if some developer can enter my pc using teamviewer or something and see the problem do you think its possible?

Purple44

Did not think forwarding ports would do the trick, but had to make sure.

The other thing to check would be fire wall and anti-virus programs to see if they are blocking you. Disable fire wall software if you use one. If that don't work, try disabling anti-virus program.

Gonbatfire

I deactivated the firewall and i dont have any antivirus i also disabled windows defender

uhhhh i really want to play this why is so hard, my parents bought me this for my birthday xD

St. Jimmy

Do you have something like Hamachi, GameRanger, Tungle, some VPN etc. on? Disable those, they might cause connection issues with games.
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Gonbatfire

Ok i disabled those and stopped their services but still no luck

Purple44

Since you got your ports forwarded, would you like do a test?

You create a player host, if I can see it in server list I should be able to join your player host. Post name you will use.

Gonbatfire

ok i created it its name is "test gonbatfire"

Purple44

ok i created it its name is "test gonbatfire"

K I go look

Gonbatfire

Did you find it or something?