Author Topic: Dev Blog: What are we working on (February)  (Read 5441 times)

Wow wow wow wow!!! :o :o :o :o :D

This is amazing. My favorite part is the engine not crumpling! please do that with the player and steering wheel. Especially the cockpit if the car has a roll cage. Cant wait to see how mechanical damage progresses!!

heres some suggestions

For cars please add a hearse, limo, school bus, motor home, trailers for cars to tow.

For races please add red rover, suicide race, push out derby, trailer race, chain race, stop and go race.

guest100380

Will there be another beta version release before the final version comes out?
guest100380, February 24, 2018, 05:59:00 AM Logged

• Purple44

Will there be another beta version release before the final version comes out?

The update Janne mention that Bugbear hope to get out next week, probably not the final version.
    Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Tonza

Great stuff!! 8)
    one question, we still getting the 'Team Bugbear' paintwork for Team Bugbear member+ pre-orders?  ;)

MSPORTBMW

Great stuff Bugbear, cant wait to try it out.   
    Hey Janne......Any update on the fastest lap of the race(during race) or "personal best lap" (on any given track) that i mentioned in the game design thread?  I know you said it was a cool idea.  If it wont be in the next update, is there any plans on getting it into future/final build?

Cheers

Caley19

This is amazing. My favorite part is the engine not crumpling! please do that with the player and steering wheel. Especially the cockpit if the car has a roll cage. Cant wait to see how mechanical damage progresses!!

heres some suggestions

I'm all for this one. This needs to be definetly fixed before releasing the game. Most of the time your cockpit view end up unplayable in the current build. I hope you guys can fix it some how and yeah the steering wheel could also be without damage. Maybe if it's so hard to fix the cockpit.. make a separated cockpit model that is not damaged even if your car is like a pancake and make it visible only in cockpit camera? (same as we have now with window bars) Just throwing some ideas.
    Also known as John Blackhills.

sam223

heres some suggestions

I'm all for this one. This needs to be definetly fixed before releasing the game. Most of the time your cockpit view end up unplayable in the current build. I hope you guys can fix it some how and yeah the steering wheel could also be without damage. Maybe if it's so hard to fix the cockpit.. make a separated cockpit model that is not damaged even if your car is like a pancake and make it visible only in cockpit camera? (same as we have now with window bars) Just throwing some ideas.
    They should be able to fix the crumpling cockpits with with a combination of these recent deform settings the'yve added. So fear not,no need for a separate non deforming model.

Protecting the entire rollcage might be difficult though,due to the shape of the cage they added. If you protected it your options would either be;
    -Roll cage that's solid but moves around and glitches through body
    -Roll cage which doesn't deform at all including left and right sides of body (no more tbones)
    -Roll cage which doesn't deform on drivers side but will deform with the body on passenger side

#3 the winning choice imo.

But if you changed the shape of the cage,you could protect just the cage and small area surrounding it.

Driver,seat,steering wheel,steering column,engine,running gear should all be better after these new settings though.

Looking forward to these improvements @janne.
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 04:03:32 PM by sam223 »
    Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
    Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

KingOfTheCakes

Literally everything I was hoping to hear, good stuff!

However, I'm still a bit unsure about the strength of some bumpers/cages though when maxed out in strength. I think it's not very fair that very little health is lost when a weaker car gets a good, fast hit on you, that's the problem I have with it. Is this going to be worked on again, or is it final now?
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 05:22:30 PM by KingOfTheCakes »
    Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
    AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
    8gb Ram DDR2
    Corsair 750w PSU
    Windows 7 64-bit OS

conso1727

Dang, I realized I posted it into the wrong thread:
    A thing I lost track of, when we will be able to subit our names as game supporters? I used my father's paypal back then and I wouldn't like to have him as supporter instead of me, lol

BdB82

A lot of news but i still miss PS4 news. Tired about Bugbear. They not react on questions about ps4.

Telekill

So....

All these updates.... and nothing about how the PS4 version is coming along.

- Are you guys even working on it?
     - Is there still a PS4 version coming?
     - Should I be asking for my money back?

How about some communication to those that backed the game.  :-\

TheEngiGuy

A lot of news but i still miss PS4 news. Tired about Bugbear. They not react on questions about ps4.
    So....

Janne answers those questions on twitter almost every day: they're concentrating on the pc version first, especially since Winter is ending in a month and they'll need to keep that promise releasing the game on time. Console versions are still planned for this year indeed, but I hope it will come soon enough, that's for sure.
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 12:32:06 AM by TheEngiGuy »

Purple44

So....

Janne answers those questions on twitter almost every day: they're concentrating on the pc version first, especially since Winter is ending in a month and they'll need to keep that promise releasing the game on time. Console versions are still planned for this year indeed, but I hope it will come soon enough, that's for sure.

And console versions can't be release until PC version is done. Would think the console versions will be almost a straight porting of PC version. Except tone down if consoles not up to handle 24 cars, like on online.
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 12:47:34 AM by Purple44 »
    Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Andy Rotten

please add some details on costumization like lights, rims, big tires for muscles, maybe a crash gallery with photos and videos
    i7 7700
    16gb ram
    GTX 1060 6gb
    SDD 256gb
    Graphics ultra quality

Heddly

Wow wow wow wow!!! :o :o :o :o :D

heres some suggestions

For cars please add a hearse, limo, school bus, motor home, trailers for cars to tow.

For races please add red rover, suicide race, push out derby, trailer race, chain race, stop and go race.

Maybe only when the car crashes out of the race should the steering wheel bend, maybe something like this.  :o