Author Topic: Dev Blog: What are we working on (February)  (Read 6013 times)

NicoP

So no more tracks ? :(

There is no chance having good crash track like speedbowl or chaos center from the ricky's mod ?

There is no need to finish the game right know. I would like to wait another years and have good crashy tracks

Zebulon55

So no more tracks ? :(

There is no chance having good crash track like speedbowl or chaos center from the ricky's mod ?

There is no need to finish the game right know. I would like to wait another years and have good crashy tracks

I also want more of those tracks, but there IS a need to finish the game soon.
I hope for future DLC tracks. I can play some of the awesome mod tracks while I wait.  8)
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Caley19

They should add at least one more new track. Just to make sure that "track list" on final release will feel more complete mostly because we didn't seen a new world in a longer time (it was in june 2017 when they added last new map, but I'm glad we got so many new layouts for the tracks)

One new track can simply make a very positive impact for the community, but yeah I understand that the game needs to be finished at some point so I have no problem if there is no more time for another map. And if not a new map, at least some new layouts would be nice.  ;)

All these years I couldn't wait for the game to be released and now I would like another year or two just so we can have a lot of more things to play with  :D but that's not how gaming industry works I guess
Also known as John Blackhills.

sam223

Theres always chance to add more content after release. I think Janne hinted recently just that. Get PC version out,sort out the console fans then come back and add a bit more to PC maybe.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Caley19

Yes that's really what I'm hoping for. I don't have a problem with DLC, but more updates even after release is just the best thing in my opinion.

And when I think about it now.. when u have a complete game + DLCs mostly the price of the game goes down after some months, but If you update the game sometimes you can stay at the same price because there's still something new what is worth that price, so I don't see a big difference in this one. I also hate when games have a lot of DLCs and the whole thing feels more like a "puzzle" than a real game.

Oh and wait... I forgot about Stuntfest, I'm a little bit confused about what devs will do after releasing WF on consoles, Stuntfest or more stuff for WF? I'm not even sure if Nordic will be publishing Stuntfest I just know they will be publishing WF ::)
Also known as John Blackhills.

Purple44

I would think Bugbear will get back to doing an update to Stuntfest after the console versions get done. Would look bad for Bugbear to not update Stuntfest at least once since pre-order went live.

And I have selfish reason to see an update to Stuntfest, to get an up date to Stuntfest to make objetcs Wreckfest friendly again so Stuntfest objects will stop crashing my custom tracks and look better. :P

I would think Bugbear will whole back a few things for final release day. So we will have something new to race with and something new to race on.   :D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 04:13:38 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks TheEngiGuy and Purple, just to confirm:

Are you guys even working on it?
Yes, on a daily basis as a matter of fact but until the PC version is finished we're using most of our resources on that.

Is there still a PS4 version coming?
Yes.

Should I be asking for my money back?
It's up to you - you can always purchase the game when it's really out.

However, I'm still a bit unsure about the strength of some bumpers/cages though when maxed out in strength. I think it's not very fair that very little health is lost when a weaker car gets a good, fast hit on you, that's the problem I have with it. Is this going to be worked on again, or is it final now?

Agreed, the sector protection parts are still too overpowered and we plan to do a full balancing pass on them.

Thanks for all the comments and feedback. We love it when you spend time to think about the stuff in the game and post your thoughts, always some good points that we need to take into account.

Daystar

: Things that should be in Wreckfest, before final release :

Janne, please make it so!

Better accessibility with the leaderboard!
As it is now, you cannot navigate the leaderboard easily.  >:( loved the older version of Wreckfest, where as you can easily view any track records!

Vans!
Please please bugbear, can we get any type of pre 90's vans into the game before final release?

Car Info/stats
One of the coolest features of previous June/2017 features! yes it is fun seeing all the action the car goes through!

Random grid order!
I bet a lot of people are not so happy with always starting in the back of the grid on race launch.

These are just friendly reminders of what I would like to see in the game before full release.

Tonza

Car Info/stats
One of the coolest features of previous June/2017 features! yes it is fun seeing all the action the car goes through!

Would love to see that back  8)

BenDover

Havent reacted to this yet, mostly seems awesome, realistic dmg to MP, server stability etc, AWESOME and good work! :D Sorry for beeing a pain in the ass about the server problems but in the end I hope it was worth it from both sides!

So to one of my question, it seems that there will come like a van/bus to the game? Is this something we could block on the server if we like? Like we can restrict some power classes? I feel that adding a bus or a more heavy car will often be abused on the racing servers and I dont want more abuse on atleast our servers then what we have.
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Janne Suur-Näkki

Absolutely, special vehicles (not saying there will be such things) will be in their own vehicle category so that they can be blocked.

And no worries for nagging about the server issues, that's always the best way to make sure we're aware that there is a problem. As a matter of fact we should thank you and everyone else who have been active.

Oh and don't even get started about a leaderboard reset, it's in the plans :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 08:53:51 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »

Purple44

Absolutely, special vehicles (not saying there will be such things) will be in their own vehicle category so that they can be blocked.

And no worries for nagging about the server issues, that's always the best way to make sure we're aware that there is a problem. As a matter of fact we should thank you and everyone else who have been active.

Janne, did you see the post of glitch leaderbroad time?

My race in Sandpit 3 crashed mid-lap and resulted in flying cars. I had to task manager my way out of it and then my laptime appeared on the leaderboards.

As above/below

https://i.imgur.com/RbVssx6.jpg

Will Bugbear have away to weed out obvious glitch times? like 0:30 seconds on Tarmac 2  :o
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Janne Suur-Näkki

We can, seems like it needs a sanity check. Thanks Purple, good catch.

Daystar

Who said anything about resetting the leaderbords lately? which I agree is a good thing. but my question above is basically
asking if there will be a better way to access the leaderboards in the future? maybe put "Leader Boards" in the misc section?

PsychOXRat

There was an easy way to access the leaderboards from the main menu ages ago, wasn't there? Surely it couldn't be too hard to re-implement that as it would just be switching the already implemented leaderboards (hopefully some of the new routes actually receive them as well, such as sandpit 1 short which is missing one)
System Specs: Intel i7-7700K CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX