Author Topic: website pre-order vs steam??  (Read 1236 times)

crazychris4124

i also posted this on steam but

will there be any difference between those who purchased on steam and those who purchased on your website?? i got the wrecker edition which gives me a bonus car

Joonas Laakso

will there be any difference between those who purchased on steam and those who purchased on your website?? i got the wrecker edition which gives me a bonus car

We're not sure yet how we're going to structure the Steam Early Access. Likely it's a one size fits all deal (low price and just the game); if you want the good stuff, you need to pre-order from us. We really prefer pre-orders from us as that leaves us with considerably more of the money.

Pre-orders from us do come with Steam keys now that we're through Greenlight (once we have a Steam build available, naturally).

Comrade Suhov

will there be any difference between those who purchased on steam and those who purchased on your website??
Steam takes about 30% of money they'll get from sales. Sales from their own site is more profitable - PayPal shpuld take from 3 to 5% per transaction.

chuckskyline

We're not sure yet how we're going to structure the Steam Early Access. Likely it's a one size fits all deal (low price and just the game); if you want the good stuff, you need to pre-order from us. We really prefer pre-orders from us as that leaves us with considerably more of the money.

Pre-orders from us do come with Steam keys now that we're through Greenlight (once we have a Steam build available, naturally).

Make sure you post that everywhere. Post that in the announcements and whatever. A lot of people have questions about this.

Naturally people will probably order from Steam.. BUT if they get more stuff with through the website then maybe people will go to the site.

:)

Indy

Make sure you post that everywhere. Post that in the announcements and whatever. A lot of people have questions about this.

Naturally people will probably order from Steam.. BUT if they get more stuff with through the website then maybe people will go to the site.

Or make it cheaper here - 25 here, 30 on Steam.

EngineNo9

I think it might help considerably if you guys update the NextCarGame.com webpage and the Pre-order page to clearly state that all preorders will get a Steam key.

ninjaman999

Thats a great point. Mentioning steam keys with every pre-order level would surely bring in the Steam-ers
:D

Firmar

Likely it's a one size fits all deal (low price and just the game); if you want the good stuff, you need to pre-order from us.
You could put every tier in Steam. Well, at least Weekend Smasher and Full-Time Wrecker tiers must be included.
Many games in Early Access have more than one preorder package.

You should put this vital info in every About section of ncg site, greenlight and early access pages, yes.
I'm sending transmission

Tontsa

There is no difference to what YOU get, but it's better to buy it from their website so they get all the money, so they can keep producing the game. (Steam takes something like 30% from income). And every website pre-order gets a Steam key too!
Next car game

crazychris4124

There is no difference to what YOU get, but it's better to buy it from their website so they get all the money, so they can keep producing the game. (Steam takes something like 30% from income). And every website pre-order gets a Steam key too!

i got the wrecker edition last week, never knew steam took almost a third of the cash