Author Topic: March Update  (Read 8260 times)

KingOfTheCakes

Enjoying the update so far, but a couple of concerns:

Realistic damage is probably a bit too severe now, I just did a race around the inner oval and the whole field was dead by 4 laps. :D I thought it was quite good before this update.

Is the old SpeedBowl going to return?? Honestly, the most fun I've had online was doing derbies in that huge open area. Hope it's not gone for good, though I do like the new one too.
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

PsychOXRat

Not a fan of the new numbered paint system. Why bother having it out of 360 when there's only 90 options for hue? A colour I want would have a hue of 195 in game, yet I can only have either 194 or 198. Also, could the paint options be labelled Hue Saturation etc so it's easier to understand?
System Specs: Intel i7-7700K CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

Tonza

Managed to squish this poor AI's mower pretty good (he was still able to drive)

I also notice the ragdolls now make noise when you drive over them grunts etc

Purple44

Is the old SpeedBowl going to return?? Honestly, the most fun I've had online was doing derbies in that huge open area. Hope it's not gone for good, though I do like the new one too.

Ya for high speed crashes, the old Speedway 2 derby was very popular. I hope that derby arena is still available or if not, will Bugbear please put it back in? Need more variety of derby arenas, not less.  :P

I see the new car I will be trying out Saturday night.  :D  ( been buying one new car to tryout on a Saturday since the Dec Build release :) )

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

basti4655

Please give us back old speedbowl :(
I7-6700K, GTX 770, 8Gb Ram, Win 10 64bit

The Very End

Maybe adding it as an option would be good? Choises are allways a good thing, and with a preveiw picture to help out seing the differences it could only be a good thing :)

0skillz

THANK YOU!  :D

edit:[img width=650] ~sam223
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 06:50:42 PM by sam223 »
INTEL i7-3770K@ 3.5GHZ || NVIDIA GTX 760 4GB || 32GB GSKILL DDR31600 || 128GB SAMSUNG 830 SSD || 240GB KINGSTON HYPERX SSD 4TB HDD || 2x 3TB WD RED HDD || DELL U3011 2560x1600 || PS3 WIRELESS CONTROLLER || CORSAIR K60 || LOGITECH G400S || WINDOWS 7 PRO 64

TT

So much cool stuff!

Thanks!

BenDover

Thanks for the update Janne, so far the server seems to be running fine, I will tell you if anything happens!

One question about the realistic dmg in MP, is it the same dmg as in custom games was last update? It feels odd in game in MP, hard jumps etc dosent hurt your car anymore and last update I always saw -1 HP and long laps like 5-10 laps you could dmg something on the car but this dosent seem to be the case in MP.

"PvP" it feels like it does more dmg but "PvE" it dosent feel like it, like I said, it feels odd.

I was gonna try a custom game but the game crashes when I go to "Summary".
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

RickyB

Thanks for the update. Good stuff, but please do something about the tuning menu... can't read anything... grey text on grey background. Give us some colour or shadows or shadow boxes please :)
Not only in the garage but after loading the map as well.

Also, after loading the map, the tuning menu says "ESC - go back" and "C - toggle info" - those don't work. There's no way out of the tuning menu with keyboard only. Have to use mouse to start the race.
Have a nice weekend!  :)

catn1p

Yes! And not only for the old time's sake - it's a fun ride since it's so different :)

Indeed! It's like driving a boat, I love it =D
generally driving fair, unless being pestered
                    do you even drift bro?
Intel i7-7700 @ 4,2 GHz // GeForce GTX 1080
16 GB RAM // 250 GB SSD // 2 TB HDD // G27

basti4655

Realistic damage is stupid now. Your car dies very fast but there is nearly no visual damage done to the car, makes no sense. (Multiplayer)

catn1p

So I experienced a bug which I think is LOD distance related?!

Sometimes car bodies disappear and I can only see the wheels. When I get closer the car appears again. In the first pictures you can see only some wheels in the distance, in the last pics the green car is visible.

It was only one car in the pack for me each time, a Roadcutter I think. Not sure if it's the same car each time. On some pictures you can see another car even further afar but still visible. It was online, if it matters.
generally driving fair, unless being pestered
                    do you even drift bro?
Intel i7-7700 @ 4,2 GHz // GeForce GTX 1080
16 GB RAM // 250 GB SSD // 2 TB HDD // G27

basti4655

So I experienced a bug which I think is LOD distance related?!

Sometimes car bodies disappear and I can only see the wheels. When I get closer the car appears again. In the first pictures you can see only some wheels in the distance, in the last pics the green car is visible.

It was only one car in the pack for me each time, a Roadcutter I think. Not sure if it's the same car each time. On some pictures you can see another car even further afar but still visible. It was online, if it matters.

I saw that too, looks like its only happening with the gatecrasher. But should be easy to fix.

Purple44

- Added ramps and dynamic objects to Speedway 2 Demolition Arena to make the gameplay more interesting, confined the arena to the middle area.

When I saw the "confined the arena to the middle area", was thinking Bugbear block us from going outside to the outer ring on Speedway 2.  :o

Good news, I can report back that you still can go out to the outer ring to pick up some ramming speed. :)

I'm good with this new Speedway 2 dreby arena. It more interesting arena now.  :D  Will give it a good test Saturday night online, see how the guys like it.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel