Author Topic: March Update  (Read 9151 times)

catn1p

I saw that too, looks like its only happening with the gatecrasher. But should be easy to fix.

Ah not Roadcutter then, I was not sure.
generally driving fair, unless being pestered
                    do you even drift bro?
Intel i7-7700 @ 4,2 GHz // GeForce GTX 1080
16 GB RAM // 250 GB SSD // 2 TB HDD // G27

Spaceface

So I experienced a bug which I think is LOD distance related?!

Sometimes car bodies disappear and I can only see the wheels. When I get closer the car appears again. In the first pictures you can see only some wheels in the distance, in the last pics the green car is visible.

It was only one car in the pack for me each time, a Roadcutter I think. Not sure if it's the same car each time. On some pictures you can see another car even further afar but still visible. It was online, if it matters.

I noticed that happening  with the previous build. You can edit the "lod.rlod" (in Bugbear Entertainment\data\property\rendering) file in bagedit and increase the lod values which seems to  help. Became aware of it though this mod:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1247928725&searchtext=lod by St Jimmy, except his reduces lod to improve fps.

Computer Specs:
CPU: 3570K @ 4.4 Ghz
GPU: Gigabyte G1 1070
RAM: TEAM DDR3 16GB 2400 Mhz
SOUND: Soundblaster Z
MOBO: ASROCK Z77 EXTREME 4
SSD 1: OS on OCZ-VERTEX3 120 Gb
SSD 2: Games on MUSHKIN 480 Gb
PSU: Seasonic SSR-650RM

Janne Suur-Näkki

One question about the realistic dmg in MP, is it the same dmg as in custom games was last update? It feels odd in game in MP, hard jumps etc dosent hurt your car anymore and last update I always saw -1 HP and long laps like 5-10 laps you could dmg something on the car but this dosent seem to be the case in MP.

"PvP" it feels like it does more dmg but "PvE" it dosent feel like it, like I said, it feels odd.

I was gonna try a custom game but the game crashes when I go to "Summary".

It's not the same as in the previous update, as you see the visual damage is completely different and gameplay damage needs to match. However, it should be the same online as it is offline.

I don't think hard landings etc. should damage the car, should they?

sam223

One question about the realistic dmg in MP, is it the same dmg as in custom games was last update? It feels odd in game in MP, hard jumps etc dosent hurt your car anymore and last update I always saw -1 HP and long laps like 5-10 laps you could dmg something on the car but this dosent seem to be the case in MP.

"PvP" it feels like it does more dmg but "PvE" it dosent feel like it, like I said, it feels odd.

It's not the same as in the previous update, as you see the visual damage is completely different and gameplay damage needs to match. However, it should be the same online as it is offline.

Did you add any extra files regarding deform? or was it just the #material changes and tweaks to variables within _real/_normal?
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Janne Suur-Näkki

No extra files as far as I'm aware, how come? Skype.

Zebulon55

Nooo! A new update, and I just started getting intermittent "failure of the read element" HD errors yesterday.   ???  ::) :'(
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

BenDover

It damaged the car in the last build so i was just wondering, I think depending on how hard you land that could dmg your suspension atleast but its not so important, it just feel a little odd playing with realistic dmg on becuse it feels like the environment arent as "hostile" like it was in the last build :) 
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Purple44

Couple design suggestions:

I notice today online, it hard to read the "race starts in 24". Like to suggest Bugbear move this to a different spot where it easier to read, especially what number the count down is at.

I miss a few races online because I was not ready, like what happ0-en to me today online. :( 

I get busy talking and may forget to rdy up or I did rdy up but went and tune my car and now I'm unrdy and do not notice. So would like to suggestion changing the color of the READY button to red, so at a glance I would know I need to still ready up. When I click red READY button, have NOT READY button turn white.

Miss a Dirt Fig8 race today!  :(
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

LUNITIC_WILL

Loving the new Chevrolet K5 Blaz.....i mean MudDigger (shame it's not a bronco). a suggestion for it is, may the topper come off in certain collisions? a bug i encountered with the Blazer (i'm gonna call the MudDigger the Blazer), is with the bumpers. so many 'none' options. and can all wheels be available for all vehicles please.
and another bug, (UV error on a wheel)

"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present

Heddly

Managed to squish this poor AI's mower pretty good (he was still able to drive)

I also notice the ragdolls now make noise when you drive over them grunts etc

GoKarts would have been so much better, they are faster and have much better handling. Lawnmowers are not fun.  >:(

londoner

lOVE IT !!! - sometimes my use of the forum is constructive criticism but i must say love the march update - good job everyone and no server crash....

Green1

I love the MudDigger but I think the rocket might need a little love in the power department. As it is now it`s pretty outclassed by pretty much everything. And that`s without armor. With armor its even worse. Not many people are using it that I saw out of many hours online today. Love the classic look though!

Should just let us slap the MudDigger engine in everything :P

TPEHAK

Such grate update! I love it!
LAPTOP GIGABYTE P35X V3 || INTEL CORE i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ ||NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980M  8GB GDDR5|| 16GB RAM || 103GB SSD || 1TB HDD || WINDOWS 10 HOME

Ricsek

I've noticed in the previous update, but it is still now that in the career at a race the maximum class is C and my car is C 164 but i cant use it, it has all the sport tuning and one race air filter, but it is still C cat. and i cant drive with that.

Caley19

I've noticed in the previous update, but it is still now that in the career at a race the maximum class is C and my car is C 164 but i cant use it, it has all the sport tuning and one race air filter, but it is still C cat. and i cant drive with that.

If you mean - you can't use it in some career tournament than make sure that your car can be used in such tournament the class is not the only thing that matter, sometimes you can use only american cars sometimes european, sometimes just FWD, RWD and so on
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 12:37:01 PM by JohnBlackhills »
Also known as John Blackhills.