Author Topic: Flying car after finishing a race!  (Read 725 times)

Purple44

Flying car after finishing a race!

Tonight with the new March Wreckfest Build, we saw a few times cars go flying after finishing a race. I caught this on Sandpit 2 short track. Was spectating Maniac and saw his car launch and hit the record button. Guys in the lobby said it happen to them on Tarmac 3 short track too. Saw it happen earlier on another track, forget what track it was.

Did some testing with the guys after I saw manic get launch. Did a couple more races on same track, had realistic mode on. Nobody reported getting launch, then switch to normal mode and did couple races, no launches, then tried realistic mode again and no launches. gave Tarmac 3 short track a try too, but no launches, but we were down 8 players then. Not sure glitch more lately to happen if lobby on the fuller side. Video above was with 11 players and had more players earlier when saw flying car the first time.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 04:27:46 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

Here another report of flying cars, this after the March Update 2:

Quote from: kciuk;1697167355215612819
AI sometimes fly before race start.
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks Purple,

Does anyone have a proper repro? I had this happen once too but it seemed like a random glitch with no specific steps.

STRmods

I'd say it's some form of desync from the host with them loading or a desync for any other reason, I've seen clients on multiplayer fly across the map but then warp back when switching car too (when the car gets moved from the race grid to the pit position) like it sends the car at speed to the new position then lets go causing the car to fly. (Similar to the car movement at the start of a race where people slide into position on the grid)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 06:00:23 PM by STRmods »

Purple44

Dose seem be more random glitch.

Dose not happen to all players in the race. Just one player, maybe 2. Happen on random tracks.

Did not happen with the two fig8 mods we ran last Saturday.

Janne Suur-Näkki

I had this happen in single player as well, or at least something exactly like it, so it seems like it's not a multiplayer specific issue.

STRmods

Still not experienced this myself but a friend of mine managed to capture this last night, he was hosting a multiplayer session but only had 1 bot in the race

Nitronik

I had this happen in single player as well, or at least something exactly like it, so it seems like it's not a multiplayer specific issue.

A bit late to the party here but I've had it happen in Single Player on one of the tarmac Ovals
EVGA GTX 1060 6GB - i5 4440 - 16GB RAM

Purple44

A bit late to the party here but I've had it happen in Single Player on one of the tarmac Ovals

Did this happen with the current March Update 3 Build that just came out?

> A prospective fix for the car getting rocketed to sky after crossing the finish line.

Nitronik

Did this happen with the current March Update 3 Build that just came out?

> A prospective fix for the car getting rocketed to sky after crossing the finish line.

My bad, it did not. I'll play a bit more later and keep an eye out for this bug
EVGA GTX 1060 6GB - i5 4440 - 16GB RAM