Author Topic: Feedback on the new deformation characteristics  (Read 589 times)

So for a while it's been hard to get immersed in this game due to the damage effects. Much of that went away with this latest revision to the way vehicle bodywork deforms. So here's some positive feedback, it finally feels right when cars crumple. I don't know what black magic you worked but the damage went from cars bending in implausible ways to actually looking quite good and even heavy deformation is starting to look plausible.

I still have issues with the front firewall deforming and intrusion into the cockpit view when you have a rollcage on your car, but even that is vastly reduced. Suddenly racing side by side with other people isn't going to reduce the width of my car in that really weird way that was characteristic of the deformation till now.

You've done some really nice work and can't wait to see if and what you plan to keep doing with it :)

Purple44

Is this with normal damage mode or the new realistic mode Hati?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Konan

...and could someone post some screens for those who aren't able to play pretty please? ;-)

TheEngiGuy

I also like the new deformation. Now the thing that needs adjustments is the physics, to make cars roll and land on ground more realistically and react to collisions more dynamically.

...and could someone post some screens for those who aren't able to play pretty please? ;-)

dbs213

I'm glad the engine doesn't bend out of shape and that the cockpit view is still usable even after some heavy collisions.
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Konan

Thanks for the pics...
Looking good...looking REAL good!

NicoP

Am i the only one that hate the hood being always removed from the cars ? In real life, this never happens and it is ungly. I would prefer a front hood deformation

Am i the only one that hate the hood being always removed from the cars ? In real life, this never happens and it is ungly. I would prefer a front hood deformation

Hoods, doors, trunk, and fenders should not come off. I agree with you 100%. They are all either bolted, welded or chained shut. Less panels coming off, less performance issues with graphic too. Its a win win.

The new damage is great, but it also has issues. Cars are too weak now. Derbies and races end far to soon. It feels as if cars are made of wood, not metal. They need to keep the new damage physics, but increase the strength of the cars.