Author Topic: Additional Career Crashing (March 2018)  (Read 945 times)

So my mod Additional Career now crashes when selecting the Workshop Series (the 6th listed series). I've had a look in BagEdit & I can't find any reason for the crash. I've also tried using the base files to see if the modded tracks are causing it & it isn't. The only conclusion is that it's something beyond BagEdit causing the crash which leaves me with no choice but to post on here.

Can any of the devs in your spare time have a look into this issue?

« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 10:59:08 PM by SonicUnleashedXY »
Classified

TT

I was able to fix one of my custom career series but the other might be a corrupted file due to the new format.

The first file in a custom career folder ( the .crcl file) has changed format.

Down at the bottom where it says Championship Series Layouts, you need to enter a number. Easiest fix is to enter a number equal to the total number of .crsd files in the folder.

This controls the new graphical layout for Career. If you check the non-modded career series, you see that there are many different sizes and that some blocks have one large icon over two small ones etc.

If you expand the list and sub-lists that form, you will see a number for each sub-entry. They start out as zero.

Zero indicates that that there should just be one large simple icon.

Non-zero numbers indicate that multiple event icons are piled on top of each other.

They also aren't always in the same order.

Anyway, for all of your files, make sure that the icon .bmap still exists in the new update. I'm not sure if size matters but just to be safe, I would pick a generic large icon from one of the new career days.

I was able to fix the Nascar career series but the Hotshots career seemed to have a corrupted file and crashed no matter what I did. Even if I removed almost everything or made it just like the Nascar series etc.

If it won't fix, just copy one of the new update career series and migrate your stuff over. You can copy and paste whole days in Bagedit.

I hope that helps. Good luck.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 04:54:47 PM by TT »

TT

Also, if you are going to try and pile up differing sized blocks in a single square (by entering a non-zero number in one of the sub-entries), you need to reduce the total number entered in Championship Series Layouts. That number controls the number of large squares. So, if you have 3 smaller boxes crammed into one of the larger squares, you need to reduce the total number of Championship Series Layouts by two.

I hope that makes sense, I can probably explain it better if it doesn't

TT

It looks like the track names stayed the same.

It also looks like the names of the event styles/formats also stayed the same.

@TT I've already had a look into the files & updated them. I've also ran further tests to see if the files are corrupted & they're not. Also asked a someone to check it out who hasn't completed it & they get the same problem.

My method of adding events isn't editing the current series but rather adding a new one. The last 2 updates had it working fine hence the screenshots but the new one while it show it listed crashes upon clicking Workshop Series.

I'm hoping @Janne or someone from BugBear can help assist with the matter as it will be a shame if this feature was removed at a later date. But then again, I know they're busy to make the game for release this year.

St. Jimmy

Seems like you can't even edit the current ones freely. I copied the first career (cs_01) and made no changes to it. Enabling that as a mod and the game crashes as soon as I press enter in the first screen when opening the game.

And the reason for that crashing is the .crcl file. If you just copy it and make no changes and run it as a mod, the game crashes.

So BugBear please fix the Career Class .crcl file or whatever is causing the crashes now. And also give better explanation on those layout numbers.
Official Wreckfest Discord
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

The Very End

Tried creating the file from  bottom up instead of copying? For me I had to create new files instead of copying when doing effects  (would not work otherwise).

St. Jimmy

Tried creating the file from  bottom up instead of copying? For me I had to create new files instead of copying when doing effects  (would not work otherwise).
Doesn't help. Creating a new .crcl and then manually giving values to it still has the same instant crash in the "Press Start" menu effect.

Only way to get some own races currently is to edit the races inside one of the careers, so basically just replace the .crsd files and don't give the mod or edit the .crcl

It was possible to add the two races inside the first championship by replacing races in there like in the picture below.

In that example you can find them from the Regional Juniors championship.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 04:23:43 PM by St. Jimmy »
Official Wreckfest Discord
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

TT

Well, here is sort of a fix St. Jimmy.

For some reason, the career files in Nascar Legends and All Hotshots Career mods seem to be glitch-free.

They can also be copied and edited into new career series without crashes.

Feel free to copy and use them as templates.

The Workshop files are in:

Hotshot Career
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\228380\1299045187

Nascar Legends
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\228380\855060243

Sonic Unleashed is right. There seems to be some issue that Bagedit can't reach.

Edit: Oops, responded to wrong thread.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 05:25:02 PM by TT »

TT

Well, with the hotfix, these both stopped working.

I haven't tried using the new regular game series as a template yet.

I'll try it when I get time.

TT

With the new update, Career won't show custom mod series but you can add extra events to existing series.

Barsik

you can add extra events to existing series.
Is it still possible right now? I just want add modding tracks from The Very Track Pack and Trackfest to career mode because Bugbear's tracks very monotone.