Author Topic: Making own careers isn't possible to do anymore. Game crashes.  (Read 644 times)

St. Jimmy

If you just copy the .crcl file, for example cs01.crcl and run it as a mod, the game crashes in the "Press Start" screen. Problem getting own championships to work is likely related to that. So impossible to make new championships. Also if you want to edit a current championship you can't have related .crcl file with the mod, or the game crashes.

Even if you copy an existing championship and edit that it's a new one, the game crashes when you choose the championship. So new modded championships crash there always even if you set-up the Championship Series Layouts right way.
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

TT

I fixed the Nascar Legends career series.

However, the Hotshots series wouldn't work no matter what I did. I can probably rebuild it from scratch though. I just haven't had time to do much.

When you say that you just copied one of their series and loaded it as a mod, you mean that you didn't rename it or anything?

St. Jimmy

When you say that you just copied one of their series and loaded it as a mod, you mean that you didn't rename it or anything?
Yep, no renaiming or anything like that. Pure copy. Even just doing the file manually, the same thing happens.

Here's an example what makes the game crash. As you can see it's 100% the same as the original:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 05:32:39 PM by St. Jimmy »

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

TT

Hmm.

This may sound silly, but have you tried doing the same thing but starting with one of the other two original game series as a starting point?

When I get time, that's the next thing that I'll try with Hotshots.

Plus, of course, also make sure that none of the other mods that you might have enabled aren't interfering. Some mods have custom series created.

TT

I just tried what you did but used the second series National Amateurs cs02.crcl

It worked and I was able to start a race.

Oddly, it put the series at the bottom of the list of series but it did work.

TT

I think that Hotshots originally used the first series as a template.

Maybe that's the problem.

St. Jimmy

I just tested also with other .crcl files. The funny thing about it is that the game doesn't crash with others. Also if you've some other like both the cs02.crcl the and cs01.crcl the game doesn't crash anymore ::) Having just the cs01.crcl file is causing crashes. Maybe there's a way now... Nope...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 05:53:09 PM by St. Jimmy »

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Caley19

I just tested also with other .crcl files. The funny thing about it is that the game doesn't crash with others. Also if you've some other like both the cs02.crcl the and cs01.crcl the game doesn't crash anymore ::) Having just the cs01.crcl file is causing crashes. Maybe there's a way now... Nope...

That's interesting, funny is that my copied cs01 to cs06 worked in the game and you could see 6th championship but when u click on it game just crash.. I will try to copy other crcl then too
Also known as John Blackhills.

TT

Well, here is sort of a fix.

For some reason, the career files in Nascar Legends and All Hotshots Career mods seem to be glitch-free.

They can also be copied and edited into new career series without crashes.

Feel free to copy and use them as templates.

The Workshop files are in:

Hotshot Career
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\228380\1299045187

Nascar Legends
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\228380\855060243

TT

Well, with the hotfix, those both stopped working.

I haven't tried using the new regular game series as a template yet.

I'll try it when I get time.

Anyone else getting other odd mod issues in other aspects of the game after hotfix?

I've been getting assorted strange ones that don't seem to make much sense.

I haven't noticed anyone else mentioning others so maybe it's just mine.

I'll see if I can pinpoint a cause or fix.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 08:32:10 PM by TT »

Janne Suur-Näkki

If they were working earlier most likely the career files simply need to be saved with the current version BagEditor.

If not and you can't figure it out, please PM me with a link to your files and I'll look into them, it's no problem at all.

TT

Re-saving didn't work.

I'll try using the new regular game career series as a template.

I can probably figure it out. Thanks for the offer, though!

Caley19

Let us know when u get it working can be very useful for others later ;)

Caley19

Any idea what's the Event Id for Speedway 2 outer oval loop(that new layout for speedway) 2? Tried: "speedway2_outer_oval_loop" didn't work  :'(

The Very End

Not sure if they are related, but in data/art/levels the track IDs are listed. Maybe be urban2 something, but look there for right name. You can also go to the proprty/event to see the in-game names, and at same time what ID they refer to.