Author Topic: Xbox One Game Preview?  (Read 1184 times)

Cystsick

Any chance we might get this early access via game preview? Been rather silent on console front. Super excited for this!

BBIAJ

I would love an official response to this query from Bugbear themselves, as when I backed the game, this was one of the rewards of the tier I backed, access to the Game Preview version ahead of the full release.

However, since finding a publisher, Bugbear seem reluctant to acknowledge the existence of such an offer, and have become masters of the misdirect, and skirting around giving a direct answer.

If game dev doesn't work out, then maybe they should consider a career in politics instead...

Janne Suur-Näkki

This has been asked many times before and answer has always been the same - not confirmed, meaning that we don't know whether there will be one or not.

Rowdy Burns

Wow nearly 2 years later and you still don't know?!! Come on lads... Stop slacking, get back to work and get the dam game out on console!!

Janne Suur-Näkki

The console versions are being worked on as we speak, but like said, beta is unconfirmed - chiefly because doing something like that will take time and it will push back the final release by months, not sure it's desirable.

Rowdy Burns

Yes that's not desirable to push the release back further. I suppose the PC crew have exhausted testing the early access lol and given that so many games get released now on consoles with problems... I'd say just get it released on console ASAP and iron out any bugs etc as usual with updates that seem to be the norm these days.

BBIAJ

This has been asked many times before and answer has always been the same - not confirmed, meaning that we don't know whether there will be one or not.

That being the case, why offer early access to the Game Preview version for Xbox One owners as a backer tier, which also included a full copy of the game?

I can live without the early access, as long as I am still going to receive the rest of what I backed.

Yes, this question has been asked many times before, by myself, and others, and not once have I received a satisfactory response until now, so thank you for that at least.

I'd previously been asking on Twitter, where it either didn't get answered, or just answered something that I wasn't even asking, hence why I came here to ask instead.

If I already knew the answer, I wouldn't come here asking again, and I even took the time out to seek a thread that already asked that question, rather than posting a duplicate, so at least in bumping this one, the gentleman finally received the answer to the question he asked several months ago.

Rowdy Burns

That being the case, why offer early access to the Game Preview version for Xbox One owners as a backer tier, which also included a full copy of the game?

This is what was written on the xbox ps4 pre order promotion...

PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Pre-Orders
(*) The release of game preview/beta versions may vary by platform and may depend on console manufacturers "early access/beta" programs and approvals. Digital licence keys will be distributed once the console version is available.

BBIAJ

I understand that, but what I'd also like to know, and to be honest, this is the more pressing issue, how are you handling distribution of the full digital copy of the game for those that backed that tier?

I'd like to at least be able to pre-load the game in advance of release, rather than see it come out, and still be waiting for a code, which I assume will be sent via email?

Could you just confirm these details for me please?

Thank you.