Author Topic: How to tweak normal damage mode, now?  (Read 624 times)

Purple44

How to tweak normal damage mode, now?

I ask this because my old suicide damage file not having the desired effect now. My car wrecking to soon in a fig8 race in normal mode and it a beef up warwagon!

I took a look at the current stock damage file folder and see this:

How come there only a damage_real.dset file? Where the damage_normal.dset file??

There 2 mechanical files, 2 deform files for both normal and real, so why not there 2 damage files?

Where normal damage getting the Momentum To HP Damage settings then? That what I want to tweak and hope I don't have to mess with anything else to get my station wagon to last a few more fig8 laps.   

Except might tweak things so a wheel will fall off before cars get wrecked. :) 

But taking a quick look at damage files, don't see anything that might control how soon tire falls off. Guess that set by each car. But if I can keep a high damage car going for awhile, maybe wheel will have time to fall off then?

Hope Bugbear or a modder can point me in the right direction.  :)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

St. Jimmy

I understand that you only want to tweak how much you loose health, and you're OK with the current deformation?

Hmm interesting. There were files in build or two ago for both real and normal ???

Well then there's an option to do same kind of effect with the damage_sectors.dmsd files. It's just that they're in every car but making one work OK and then transfer the curve in every car should make the settings even for every car then. Though the bad thing is that also affects the realistic damage then, if you don't want to alter that at all.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 05:22:45 PM by St. Jimmy »
Official Wreckfest Discord
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

sam223

You cant change the 'normal' mode health damage at the minute.  Damage_normal.dset should be there but is instead is hardcoded.
Janne is aware and its fixed for a coming hotfix i think.

For now you can setup 'realistic' mode to use your own settings
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 06:31:24 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Purple44

You cant change the 'normal' mode health damage at the minute.  Damage_normal.dset should be there but is instead is hardcoded.
Janne is aware and its fixed for a coming hotfix i think.

For now you can setup 'realistic' mode to use your own settings

Ya that just what I did with a lot of trail & error, got damage_real.dset file tweaked to my liking on the Dirt Fig8 track. And tweak the damage_mechanical_scales_real.mdsc to get tires fall off, but not to soon. Lower real setting from 1.0 to 0.85 for front, left and right tires ( brakes ). Normal is set to 0.50.

Purple44

All that tweaking yesterday is all for not. Bugbear made some changes to the damage files, so now my tweaked old damage files not having the desired effect.  :( Will have to retweak the new versions that came with March Update 2 today.

The fun of trying to mod a game that not to final version yet!  :P