Author Topic: WRECKFEST - The Game I Want To Buy...  (Read 1545 times)

Rowdy Burns

Ok, so I just seen this vid "Now vs Then" on YouTube and I couldn`t help but think that the early 2014 version looks like the game I want to buy! The dust, smoke and colours look so much better than the current version. I love what Bugbear are doing with the game but 2014 version is definitely a winner to me in this vid!

Turn down the vividness add more dust, smoke and a bit more weight n grittiness "Attitude" to the game. Oh and don`t forget to add working bonnet/hood pins door bolts!!  :)

Next Car Game: Wreckfest - Then vs. Now

Rowdy Burns

Just to add... No name tags or health bars looks so much better!

guest100380

You do know that the name tags can be turned off in the current version don't you?
guest100380, March 09, 2018, 02:16:57 AM Logged

• Rowdy Burns

You do know that the name tags can be turned off in the current version don't you?

I`m more focused on the belief that health bars shouldn`t be in the game and instead, drivers should rely on their skill in judging the condition of other vehicles rather than focusing on reading health bars that overshadows the car shouting "HIT ME" when its showing low.

Caley19

I`m more focused on the belief that health bars shouldn`t be in the game and instead, drivers should rely on their skill in judging the condition of other vehicles rather than focusing on reading health bars that overshadows the car shouting "HIT ME" when its showing low.

Agree on that - even FO2 had only arrows that were colored green/red and it was a lot more arcadish game then wf. I really don't understand why bugbear did those hp bars they could at least stay on the green/red arrow thingy. I don't see a point how is wf trying to be more serious than FO games if u can just look at those hp bars and chose the lowest one and score.

(oh I forgot.. we had hp bars in FO in the bottom left corner.. my bad, but still  :P)
    « Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 03:41:26 AM by JohnBlackhills »
    Also known as John Blackhills.

Purple44

Agree on that - even FO2 had only arrows that were colored green/red and it was a lot more arcadish game then wf. I really don't understand why bugbear did those hp bars they could at least stay on the green/red arrow thingy. I don't see a point how is wf trying to be more serious than FO games if u can just look at those hp bars and chose the lowest one and score.

(oh I forgot.. we had hp bars in FO in the bottom left corner.. my bad, but still  :P)

But had get close to player car to see it.
    Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Rowdy Burns

I don`t remember health bars in Flatout. I remember Flatout 2 being more arcade like and not as good lol! I don`t even remember health bars in the Destruction Derby games.

Did a little search on YouTube to jig my memory and found these...

FlatOut 1 Derby demonstration video

FlatOut 1 - racing online

I just think there is no distraction from the action in the original games and focus is more on the cars ie the game!... Even Flatout 1 name tags were better back then -shown in the second video.

If bugbear is truly going back to their roots of Flatout and Destruction derby games then I really do believe this issue needs to be sorted especially for the online multiplayer. All the tags just look a mess to me (I`d be fine with a position list in the corner of the screen of who`s around me)

It makes for a lazy game if your just gunning for the weakest, who wants to be driving around with a big sign above your roof shouting to everyone when your at your weakest?!.. At least without one there might be a chance of a rival not noticing you if there is other carnage going on that takes their attention.

Oh and that map in the bottom left was far more useful in Flatout 1!

If health bars do have to be in the game then I would say that this game got it right...

Test Drive Eve of Destruction Demolition Derby (HD)

Speedevil

FlatOut 1 didn't have healthbars whatsoever. You couldn't wreck your car.

Adenru

And also no annoying "BAM" "SLAM" and "XP" indicators. Can I disable them?

You could. For some reason wrecking opponents didn't work in multiplayer races.

St. Jimmy

No in FO1 you couldn't wreck the car. The ragdoll just flied on enough big hit but after some seconds you could reset the car. I can't now remember did FO1 have any derbies in it.
    Official Wreckfest Discord
    Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
    GTX 1070 8GB
    16GB CL9 2133 MHz
    750W PSU
    Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Fanatec CSR

Huono

Oh man the old Gravel 1 looked so much better than the current one in my opinion, I didn't even remember it but now that I do I want it back :D

Finsku

Gravel 1 and Tarmac 1 (old ones) <3_<3
    That first jump on Gravel 1 and whole Tarmac 1 (old) looks so beautiful.
    Those bridges and pillars, made harder to cut on last bridge part. And that forest looks so good..
    Especially I loved bending fences on last turn.
    IMO the graphics got downgraded, I love more bright and gray-ish colors (old) than dark and high contrasts look.
    Can't say anything about smoke and sand effects because it (still?) bugs with AMD cards...

BUT I'm happy we have almost ready game with a lots of contents (cars and tracks) + mod support.

Purple44

No in FO1 you couldn't wreck the car. The ragdoll just flied on enough big hit but after some seconds you could reset the car. I can't now remember did FO1 have any derbies in it.

Of course Flatout 1 had derbies and car would wreck:

Even custom derbies:

In the races in Flatout 1, cars did not wreck, but if abuse your car to much, your shocks were shot and car bounces around the track:

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

mvrersg

Couldn't agree more. I cant believe bugbear would add restored versions of cars, and that they added a truck. The cars sound like broken refrigerators, not race cars; they should sound like that once they've takes some hits. I used to take lots of pretty screenshots of crashes and racing, but I can't now. The tracks we're just perfect before the January update, because they looked old and like millions of races were held on them. The cars also looked like they raced millions of times as well, all beat up and rusty and muddy. Although some of the latest banger skins look really good. Look at the photo on your screen next to Bugbears logo, that's what I miss.

bringbackwreckfest nextcargameforever

Sparky66

I forgot that the cars used to have more stock parts. I'm well aware that most derby cars are stripped of most glass and plastic parts IRL but i miss the stock looking vehicles that still had their lights, bumpers and grills. Made them more fun to destroy. They should have kept it as a customisation option.

The tracks and scenery had a more weathered appearance as well. The newer bilboards are far to bright and colourful in my opinion. They don't smash as nicely either, they used to collapse realistically, now they just break into weighless pieces, which isn't as satisfying.

I'm happy with how the game has evolved, but it's a shame some things have seemingly been lost along the way.