Author Topic: March Update 2  (Read 6239 times)

St. Jimmy

Thanks for the update!

On a side note, something I personally feel is missing regarding mechanical damage (realistic setting, at least) is the damaged wheels that would affect the steering of the car, like in the very first alpha build. Will such feature be added again?
I really don't remember car handling changing any more than now at any state of the game. Only that the cars flipped over pretty easily when front wheel was off in some build but the handling was still the same.

But I also hope wheels coming off would really have big impact on handling. If one of the wheels is off it still has a feeling there are 4 wheels.
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

TheEngiGuy

Just tried the update. The damage definitely needs more adjustments. My car had no mechanical damage at all but still its health was down to 30/100 on normal setting, after 10 or so laps. Only a few hard hits done.

How did the car look like? Were you using any visual parts? Keep in mind that there's necessarily no mechanical damage unless the engine or the wheels have received damage and with normal setting mechanical damage kicks in pretty late.

Sorry Janne, I just noticed the hotfix. I don't know what changes have been made with the hotfix but damage seems to be better balanced now for some reason. In fact, before the hotfix my Warwagon without armours would die quickly with very little deformation.
EDIT: now I know what the hotfix was for, but I'm still serious about the damage! In any case, if anything weird comes up again, I'll post it here.

Damage is still punishing, but maybe not in a bad way. It makes armour parts in races a bit more useful for the dedicated wreckers causing havoc, and some AI drivers definitely need some armour now. Maybe some more potential adjustments are needed and cars could be a little tougher for low-speed collisions, but first impression is that you're getting there.

Current situation without armours mostly attacking fellow racers myself, just in case.

Thanks for the update!

On a side note, something I personally feel is missing regarding mechanical damage (realistic setting, at least) is the damaged wheels that would affect the steering of the car, like in the very first alpha build. Will such feature be added again?
I really don't remember car handling changing any more than now at any state of the game. Only that the cars flipped over pretty easily when front wheel was off in some build but the handling was still the same.

But I also hope wheels coming off would really have big impact on handling. If one of the wheels is off it still has a feeling there are 4 wheels.

Unfortunately I don't have the first build in my HDD anymore, but I'm pretty sure the car would steer left or right by itself when it had its front wheels damaged. It was a nice little touch and it could spice things up for the actual realistic damage setting, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 10:06:59 PM by TheEngiGuy »

Zebulon55

Cool; I had created a vepa for that P40 Warhawk / warbird banger skin for the warwagon in Purple44's mod, but I assume it's now available in the stock game.
Looking forward to trying the new update 2 tonight after work.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Thank you for the update!! Just did a derby and damage seems a little better. But the car still dies with the engine icon white. Damage still needs lots of work. I said it before but I will mention it again in case you didn't see it. We need the derby to end when the hit timer ends, not when the car stalls. We also need to have the ability to start the car. That way, when the car gets hit and stalls the race/derby isn't over. You can attempt to try and start the car. This will make the game much better and way more suspenseful. 

FalconXY

After the update is seems better but I still can't see why it was changed in the first place. It was great fun in the previous build.

Why do the BB devs keep on changing things to the worse only to get it back step by step with hotfixes ?
I know that's called development but why always such drastic changes ?  ::)

I also would like to have the car pulling to one side if wheel is damaged or missing.

Yes and derby timers: At the moment sandbagging is the way but that's boring. The contact timer should always count down from 30 seconds from your last hit. So you only have 30 secs where you can hide until you must hit again or you are out.
And turn off the health bars in derbies for f... sake please.  >:(

Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

JohnBlackhills

Don't know what you guys did with cars spinnig and flipping but figure 8 tracks feels worse and cross section crashes are not as great as they were in previous march update

KingOfTheCakes

For the most part, I really like the improvements with the damage (Normal Damage that is, can't speak for realistic atm). It has been inconsistent on a few occasions, as in visual damage is non existent at times, but it's good fun now! Actually gives us incentive to hit things harder since speed difference is a big factor, so you can't be a sitting duck now. :D

Also, I appreciate that the AI aren't (literally) push overs as much now. Smaller cars don't always resort to flipping out over a tiny nudge, but I think rolling has been a bit too dampened on the bigger hits. Don't get me wrong, I've still managed to send a few cars into orbit tonight, but you need to hit them a lot harder now to do so. Which is still fine with me, I just question a couple of cross section hits I got tonight. That's where it seems to be the most noticeable for me.

Keep it up!

PS: Please bring back the old Speedbowl Arena!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 06:01:36 PM by KingOfTheCakes »
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Purple44

PS: Please bring back the old Speedbowl Arena!

You know you still can got outside to outer ring with the new Speedway 2 derby? Once the guys last Saturday realize it, we was back to high speed hits again, but had to work a little harder to line one up.  :D
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Heddly

The thing is that Wreckfest was always envisioned as a game where racing is as important as wrecking, and so far, we've been doing pretty great on the racing department but not so much in wrecking – the crashes themselves are great and unlike in no other game but while racing, it's simply too risky to try to wreck others because more often than not any plan to race recklessly will backfire and just mean a premature end to your race.

As you know, last week's update already brought some changes to the damage mechanism by increasing gameplay damage in a bid to make crashes more rewarding. Obvously that alone didn't do the trick since while it did make crashes more meaningful it also made them more punishing, and as a result, something that you as a player want to avoid. So, early this week we took a long and hard look at the feedback we received and how we could make crashing more rewarding, and this update is a result of our efforts.

To get to the point: the main change in this update is that by hitting another car you will cause significantly more damage while suffering less yourself. It doesn't mean that you'd be invincible as long as you crash into others, though, since you will always receive some damage yourself too. In effect, this means that during a race, you might actually wreck someone in a few laps time and still make it to the finish, given that you avoid getting hit yourself. In our opinion this alone does make racing more exhilarating and inject some more WRECKFEST into the game but of course you, the players, are the ones to make the final judgment so please do continue to give us your feedback.

We've also used the opportunity to improve the damage otherwise, so now for example the armor sector representation in the HUD matches visual damage better, and a car about to get wrecked can no longer be wrecked by a light nudge (that was frustrating as hell). Also, to keep it within the theme of crash physics we've adjusted the collision matrix to prevent the cars from rolling over at too slow impact speeds, something that's been bothering us (and apparently you) for some time now.

• Fixed missing Gatecrasher LOD2 model.
  • Fixed player unable to reset in Deatchmatch after respawning.

basti4655

Stupid update, its worse than before lol. DNF after 2-3 hits.

I dont understand why you keep changing things that dont need any change.

Whats with crashing physics? Cars just spinning mostly after hard collisions. Why cars trying so hard to stay on its wheels?
Where the epic airborne crashes?

For me the dec update + hotfixes was best of all the recent updates, everything after dec made all worse.
I7-6700K, GTX 770, 8Gb Ram, Win 10 64bit

BenDover

Havent tried this update yet, dont know if I will, right now I and many more want a fix about the FWD cars beeing to OP. Do we have any news on when they will be balanced ?
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

St. Jimmy

Havent tried this update yet, dont know if I will, right now I and many more want a fix about the FWD cars beeing to OP. Do we have any news on when they will be balanced ?
Do people play those more in your server? Usually in no rules servers there can be just couple in full server using them.
o be honest I don't get it why not to play the game for that exact reason. I don't care what other people use for racing and don't care if they use OP cars. You can find me often using the KillerBee no matter what :D

I guess you can't still do a whitelist of allowed cars in server config?
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

JohnBlackhills

Thx for all these updates and hard work BB keep it up, but I need to say the latest change to the physics is not very "wreckfest-friendly" in my opinion - in Wreckfest you would expect cars to feel collisions more and that was great in previous update even when small hits were there in close battles car's suspension was working better. I tried big stadium fig 8 and when I hit a car in the air they don't move at all like you could expect from a car that you hit in the air to change it's rotation and way - not anymore in this update it feels a litle bit broken in my opinion. Cars feels more like a bricks.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 11:36:47 AM by JohnBlackhills »

Purple44

Thx for all these updates and hard work BB keep it up, but I need to say the latest change to the physics is not very "wreckfest-friendly" in my opinion - in Wreckfest you would expect cars to feel collisions more and that was great in previous update even when small hits were there in close battles car's suspension was working better. I tried big stadium fig 8 and when I hit a car in the air they don't move at all like you could expect from a car that you hit in the air to change it's rotation and way - not anymore in this update it feels a litle bit broken in my opinion. Cars feels more like a bricks.

Ya if hit a car mid air, hard, at the derby fig8 track, ya car should go flying!  :D

That from the Jan Build.

Don 't have time to test current Build on derby fig8 track, trying get Fig8 mod ready for tonight Saturday Night Mods night event.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Paul_B

Just fired up got a 783mb update what's in the hotfix, can't see any logs ?
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 1060 6gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel/ Thrustmaster  T3PA Pedals / Logitech G27 Shift