Author Topic: March Update 2  (Read 6240 times)

Nitronik

Same here Paul - I wonder what's up 

EDIT : Just read SRV's response... how is this hotfix nearly one gig?!  :o
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 04:36:32 PM by Nitronik »
EVGA GTX 1060 6GB - i5 4440 - 16GB RAM

Janne Suur-Näkki

Yes, just pushed out a new hotfix for the yesterday's update, containing a proper fix for a number of customization parts of RoadSlayer GT crashing the game. While being at it we also used the opportunity to reduce the amount of gameplay damage when using realistic damage setting. The size is due to the update being a new build and due to certain technical limitations it also contains all the vehicle geometry.

RickyB

Worst. Visual Deformation. Ever. Apparently cars can DNF now without losing a single body panel, a mildly cracked windshield and a few dents.  :o Crashes look almost boring compared to December or even February.

This car is wrecked... why? because it has some dents?  ???

Dear Wreckfest, please come back, your evil brother "Dentfest" showed up again.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 05:40:55 PM by RickyB »

Calamann

thanks a lot for the update! unfortunately, I haven't been able to test it yet. But I have some suggestions for the multiplayer. especially for the menu. i would make the lobby separate from the track. then it would be like this:
you choose your own car, the track and all other settings. then you can also add bots without lagging because they are not loaded yet. and only then, when you click on start, everything is loaded. so the track, the cars and the starting position. just a thought but I'm annoyed the jerking when adding bots.
and one more thing about the multiplayer, but probably after the release. it would be cool if there were local multiplayer like a splitscreen. but of course this doesn't have that high priority.
Thanks again for the great work!
I  L O V E  W R E C K F E S T

ASUS Z87-C
Intel Core i7 4790
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / 4GB
16 GB DDR3
128 GB SSD
1 TB HDD
Windows 10

Paul_B

Worst. Visual Deformation. Ever. Apparently cars can DNF now without losing a single body panel, a mildly cracked windshield and a few dents.  :o Crashes look almost boring compared to December or even February.

Normal or realistic ?
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 1060 6gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel/ Thrustmaster  T3PA Pedals / Logitech G27 Shift

TheEngiGuy

Uhm, basically that happened to me too the first time I've tried the update, but then it "magically" went back to normal (many hits and a lot of deformation before DNF) in the next races for some reason  ???
Though I agree small bumps shouldn't cause this much damage, especially while your car doesn't suffer from any mechanical damage.

Also I gotta say, the new collision physics need tweaking. Makes sense if it was done to fix some issues regarding low-speed collisions but the change also affected medium and high-speed collisions in some ways. Cars feel glued to the road and don't even lose much control.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Yes, Normal or Realistic mode?

The cruel fact is that it might be never be perfect, like we might never be able to please everyone.

RickyB

Normal Damage... forgot to mention that. But even if it was with 'realistic' damage, the visual deformation does not look like a wrecked car to me.

Paul_B

I use realistic looks okay to me, i prefer these builds as the cars look like they are made of metal not beer cans :)
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 1060 6gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel/ Thrustmaster  T3PA Pedals / Logitech G27 Shift

JohnBlackhills

Also I gotta say, the new collision physics need tweaking. Makes sense if it was done to fix some issues regarding low-speed collisions but the change also affected medium and high-speed collisions in some ways. Cars feel glued to the road and don't even lose much control.

Agree on that they don't loose control even when u hit them in air(big stadium fig 8 ) and also before march update 2 when u hit them from side their suspension would shake a litle but now they are more like a bricks as TheEngiGuy said "glued to the road"

KingOfTheCakes

PS: Please bring back the old Speedbowl Arena!

You know you still can got outside to outer ring with the new Speedway 2 derby? Once the guys last Saturday realize it, we was back to high speed hits again, but had to work a little harder to line one up.  :D

I know, but it's really not the same Purp. :( I don't mind the new layout, but it's a shame that they haven't kept the old version in as well.
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Luc34

this update sucks so much.
i love this game, sad to see it like that.
stupidly quick DNF. cars way too fragile, no more fun.
and a huge gap between the aggressive guy's damage and the target's damage.

KingOfTheCakes

I've had that too, but it's just on the odd occasion for me. Cars still break up a lot most of the time.
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

basti4655

Bring back the Wreck to the Fest ;-)

Like it was in the dec update + hotfixes.
I7-6700K, GTX 770, 8Gb Ram, Win 10 64bit