Author Topic: March Update 2  (Read 9438 times)

Heddly

Rubbing is Racing

I just had to post this!  :)

This is a good example of Sim-cade racing. Add more body damage to the cars and name it Arcade mode. Deal with the HP and other bugs on a separate level, I hope someone came understand what I am trying to say.

Caley19

Noticed it on day 1 also reported bug, but looks like so far no one understand it so thx for bringing it to the light  :)
Also known as John Blackhills.

Purple44

There been a lot of posting about the new damage modes in the March Update 2 hotfix. Today I got to go online and do some testing of the normal mode online. I don't see me using realistic mode online, I want my cars to last longer in a race or derby.

From what I been reading I was thinking my car would be wreck a lot sooner than what I saw online. But I would like my cars last a little longer. I do see that cars that lost a 1\3 health usually happens in the first turn or 2 ( 2-3 bars of health ). I would think it be better in normal mode, lost of health would be more like 1 bar when try get through first turn or 2 in a crowded race online.

I took frame shots from the video:

At half health remaining, damage indicator is barely pink.

At very low health I have no red or black damage indicators. Health bar and damage indicators not matching up. But this is with a beef up Muddigger with heavy duty, side protectors and bumpers.

In this pic above, the health bar and damage indicators are more in-sync and I have yellow parts damage with the Hotshot.

After the first turn on Mixed 7, one player loss 2 bars of health!

Now compare the damage we saw with Dec 2017 Build:

At 15:30-15:45 health bar and damage indicators seem be working like you would think you want them too Janne. What was wrong with this damage system in Dec Build, I have to ask?

Also Janne in the above video at 18:42 you can see I started Dirt Fig8 front row and got the red circle and it kept popping in and out during the race, but laps still counted. If the reverse limiter was set to ON, it would screwed up my race!

My thoughts, I do like the idea of cars lasting longer when health is low, to give players a chance to survive the race and maybe win a rough fig 8 race. But do think cars need take less damage when healthy, too. Cars are getting to much damage to them in the first turn. And right now the damage indicators and damage parts indicators not in-sync. Is it because health bar damage is going down faster than damage indicators are recording damage to cars?

There is two different worlds, offline players will mistreat the AI big time and that GOOD. Online it different story, it usually trolls that are mistreating other players that come online to have some close, rub some paint racing with good players. Unless you in a no rules server, then race as rough as you want.

Can the same damage system work well for both worlds? Or we need to have an online damage mode that work well with how players like race online with some rubbing is racing?

Also I not see any cars losing a wheel online!! Be it a race or derby.  :( When a car is pretty low on health and get smack hard where a wheels is, be nice see a wheel come off, especially in a derby or fig8 race!

Right now, normal damage system favors the trolls to much when they can take half a players health out in the first turn.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Andy Rotten

I think the Expert mode now is like a "god mode", when i play elimination race on sandpit 3 with the best version of Road Slayer Gt (A class) and it's almost impossible to win, and i not sure what are doing there nexus, dominator and hammerhead there beating A class cars haha

Also Realistic damage isn't a option now, small hits back wreck the engine i think is weird
i7 7700
16gb ram
GTX 1060 6gb
SDD 256gb
Graphics ultra quality

Caley19

I think the Expert mode now is like a "god mode", when i play elimination race on sandpit 3 with the best version of Road Slayer Gt (A class) and it's almost impossible to win, and i not sure what are doing there nexus, dominator and hammerhead there beating A class cars haha

Also Realistic damage isn't a option now, small hits back wreck the engine i think is weird

I dind't had any problems with expert difficulty. I like realistic races, where if you start at the back or end up in the back it's almost impossible to get in to first places let's call it "challenging" or realistic. IMO the current main problem with AI drivers is not their difficulty but their behaviour on almost all tracks - all of them mostly drive in one line and the only exception is when someone crashes and others behind him crashes to him too what make something unexpected. The whole AI behaviour is very boring and repetitive - I'm not saying that they need to make a mess in every corner, but just make them use the whole road not just the best path.

Can we get any info about this ai behaviour?

And also kindly asking for definitive answer if you can tell - Will we see some new tracks before release or at least new routes/layouts? :)
Also known as John Blackhills.

FalconXY

I think the same about the AI and I think the AI is still to fast around corners.

Example: with Amateur AI class A - When I go around a corner on gravel the fastest I can, then very often AI cars fly by the left or right of me at ridiculous speeds.
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

RickyB

What was wrong with the damage system in Dec Build, I have to ask?
Sorry, for us the old damage is pretty much meaningless gameplay wise (should I daresay boring) since there was never any real threat of being wrecked or a chance to wreck someone.

Wait.. what? ... In Wreckfest "there was never any real threat of being wrecked or a chance to wreck someone." ? ??? But...

Of course there were threats of being wrecked or chances to wreck someone. I don't get it. lol

KingOfTheCakes

Are you sure you've got the right tuning?

To me, if anything, Expert AI needs improving if this is meant to be the hardest difficulty. It's their racing lines I have a problem with. Maybe it would help if AI had better PI for their classes too.
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

TheEngiGuy

Sorry, for us the old damage is pretty much meaningless gameplay wise (should I daresay boring) since there was never any real threat of being wrecked or a chance to wreck someone.

Wait.. what? ... In Wreckfest "there was never any real threat of being wrecked or a chance to wreck someone." ? ??? But...

Of course there were threats of being wrecked or chances to wreck someone. I don't get it. lol

To be frank, most of the races (at least in career) are only 3-5 lap races and it was rare to see AI getting wrecked or mechanically damaged.

Hi!

My roadslayer have silent tesla engine.

I WANT BIG V8 ROAR SOUND! >:(
Nothing Beats Cubic Inches --- Bigger Is Better

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro

Purple44

To be frank, most of the races (at least in career) are only 3-5 lap races and it was rare to see AI getting wrecked or mechanically damaged.

But then if want see more wrecking in a short race, that be what realistic mode be for?

And again this come back to, what good for career mode, is it good for online racing?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Andy Rotten

I dind't had any problems with expert difficulty. I like realistic races, where if you start at the back or end up in the back it's almost impossible to get in to first places let's call it "challenging" or realistic. IMO the current main problem with AI drivers is not their difficulty but their behaviour on almost all tracks - all of them mostly drive in one line and the only exception is when someone crashes and others behind him crashes to him too what make something unexpected. The whole AI behaviour is very boring and repetitive - I'm not saying that they need to make a mess in every corner, but just make them use the whole road not just the best path.

Sure its nice to have a realistic difficulty and not win every time, and also hate the repetitive behaviour if you put a rock in his way they all dies. For example on sandpit 3 there are only 2 corners when AI has problems.

Would be nice to has a qualify lap as option?
and need more free cup modes
i7 7700
16gb ram
GTX 1060 6gb
SDD 256gb
Graphics ultra quality

Zebulon55

But then if want see more wrecking in a short race, that be what realistic mode be for?

And again this come back to, what good for career mode, is it good for online racing?

So unforgiving damage and the need for strategy are good for the career gameplay, but not so much for multiplayer.

In single player, if you DNF, restart the game and try again.

In multiplayer, if you DNF, you sit and maybe spectate, maybe quit and go to a different server, maybe ragequit and write a hate post on the forum.  ;D

I guess when I joined the others requesting a return to pre-March damage, I was thinking of only multiplayer.
In multiplay, people get eager to start the race while between race chat is going on, and people leave if they DNF early.
Basically, players want to play, so a return to an earlier build's damage or an "improved durability" damage setting that I suggested was intended for online.

So, my position on this is move forward with the damage modeling, but find a way to keep players playing. IMHO, unforgiving damage does not help online.
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

The Very End

While this was more meant as a video of the mod, it showcases just how broken the damage is atm. If this had been realistic - sure, but this is just normal. One jump -80 or so HP (look on lap 1).
So to counter this I see no other options but to cheat the game by putting repair items around (at end of lap 1).

Please, the game is called Wreckfest - let's have a bit fun yes? Create a third option called arcade, which is the same as previous build. Arcade - normal - realistic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TV95dWDCnI&feature=youtu.be

Nitronik

Anyone else noticed how crashing into cars sometimes does not produce much, if any camera feedback? I especially felt it with the Nexus last night. Was bumping into cars, flipping them over even, and it all felt so... weightless
EVGA GTX 1060 6GB - i5 4440 - 16GB RAM