Author Topic: European 1 (the Fiat) feels nice, but some cars are too planted  (Read 629 times)

vveyro

Almost like some stability control was forced on.

The small Fiat gets loose and requires throttle control, but some cars are just way too planted IMHO to feel realistic. The Fiat is a blast to drive, because you can't just mash the throttle in corners, or you spin. But with some other RWD cars you simply can't spin the car by applying too much throttle on cornering, even if you try. Feels too arcade (using all assists OFF) in many cars.

Come on, if I choose assists off, give me realistic and challenging handling. Coming from "real sims" like Automobilista and Assetto Corsa, I don't need my hand held. For people who want that, they can enable the assists? So why hold back with the realism on hardest level. Put some "more Fiat" into all of the other RWD cars
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 02:59:47 PM by vveyro »

St. Jimmy

The Fiat handling has changed in the couple of months. It's maybe even bit too hard to drive compared to other cars. Need to be so gentle with the throttle and any little wrong move and you're out. Pretty hard to drive with other people in MP when tiny tap from them can really make a huge impact.

So yeah some balancing in that sense could be OK to do :P I'm not sure how much the changes in steering.vest file have an impact on this. I'm pretty sure those have changed a bit somewhat recently.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 03:35:03 PM by St. Jimmy »
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

vveyro

Hmm.. is that so. Imo it resembles more of the "real sims" RWD handling. In many other cars I feel like some forced assist is on, they don't feel believable.

Dunno, coming from those games I mentioned and Dirt Rally, many of the cars are just too easy for me. Easy is fine if you choose assists on, but I don't think the Fiat is hard to drive at all, it's just fun because you have to think about what you're doing like in "real sims". Can't just mash the throttle in every corner. Especially the high powered RWD cars should handle this way, more power the easier the backend should step out. At least if you put bigger engine etc.. As I have traction control disabled.

Throttle steering is big part of the fun in loose surface driving. And it also should involve the ability to spin the car (excessive on-throttle oversteer), dancing on that fine line is what makes it fun. I thought some changes were made, because some of the American RWD (can't remember which) car I used to enjoy, became boring lately.. overly planted

The game has optional assists... so I don't see the point of making the hardest setting forgiving. Why have multiple assist levels then. And the physics engine is clearly capable of believable RWD handling, the Fiat is proof of that. So why not use it. The cars are not exact real cars, only "inspired" by real cars.. so you can make them more loose, without anyone able to say "that's unrealistic". Overall I just feel the Fiat conveys better what RWD car should handle like, and more fun for people who use wheel, can actually drive for real... and aren't afraid of challenge.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 04:15:40 PM by vveyro »

Purple44

Hmm.. is that so. Imo it resembles more of the "real sims" RWD handling. In many other cars I feel like some forced assist is on, they don't feel believable.

Dunno, coming from those games I mentioned and Dirt Rally, many of the cars are just too easy for me. Easy is fine if you choose assists on, but I don't think the Fiat is hard to drive at all, it's just fun because you have to think about what you're doing like in "real sims". Can't just mash the throttle in every corner. Especially the high powered RWD cars should handle this way, more power the easier the backend should step out. At least if you put bigger engine etc.. As I have traction control disabled.

Throttle steering is big part of the fun in loose surface driving. And it also should involve the ability to spin the car (excessive on-throttle oversteer), dancing on that fine line is what makes it fun. I thought some changes were made, because some of the American RWD (can't remember which) car I used to enjoy, became boring lately.. overly planted

The game has optional assists... so I don't see the point of making the hardest setting forgiving. Why have multiple assist levels then. And the physics engine is clearly capable of believable RWD handling, the Fiat is proof of that. So why not use it. The cars are not exact real cars, only "inspired" by real cars.. so you can make them more loose, without anyone able to say "that's unrealistic". Overall I just feel the Fiat conveys better what RWD car should handle like, and more fun for people who use wheel, can actually drive for real... and aren't afraid of challenge.

I been using no assists from the beginning and I no sim player. I be worry if no assists became a challenge for sim guys to handle! Then what happen to us average racers out there?  :P
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Tonza

I mostly drive the Killerbee when clean, dont notice the handling really sticking out from the others.. (as in difficulty, not driving characteristics)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 10:58:55 PM by Tonza »

Heddly

Maybe the other cars are under powered or not upgraded to have enough horse power to weight ratio to do what you are wanting? Some players have complained about some cars being over powered.

St. Jimmy

OK part of my issue with the handling might have been this: http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php?topic=10763.msg103907#msg103907
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 09:31:03 AM by St. Jimmy »
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR