Author Topic: Dedicated server with bots problem (Server Full)  (Read 329 times)

kalle

hi,

My server has 24 max players and 24 bots. When I join a server and I arrive at the lobby, one bot leaves. When my buddy comes to the lobby, one bot leaves again. This is good.
But if I join and start the game with 23 bot. And then when my friend tries to connect to the server, the server says "SERVER FULL".

How can I fix this? To allow other players to access the server even if the race is running?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 11:26:23 PM by kalle »

Daystar

hi,

My server has 24 max players and 24 bots. When I join a server and I arrive at the lobby, one bot leaves. When my buddy comes to the lobby, one bot leaves again. This is good.
But if I join and start the game with 23 bot. And then when my friend tries to connect to the server, the server says "SERVER FULL".

How can I fix this? To allow other players to access the server even if the race is running?

Start your own personal server with 22 bots and your buddy should be able to join with no problems.

kalle

That is not the solution. This is public server, so I can not know how many players are coming.

St. Jimmy

You can't allow more players than 24 including bots, so whenever there are 24 in the track, the server is full as you've experienced. That's how it works but hopefully spectating slots will be added later.

Solution is not to start the race until your friend is in the server.
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Purple44

Once the race start and if there 24 cars on the track, there no room for a player to join a server. It full.

If you watch when you are in the middle of a race online, when a player join the lobby, a ghost car of player will show up on the track map somewhere.

It best before starting an online race and using bots, delete some bots to leave open at least 2 slots while you race. Then at least 2 new players can join server while you are racing.

If you want 24 cars on the track with bots, every race, then you will have to live with no players can join your lobby while you guys are racing.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel