Author Topic: Server doesn't appear in the Internet tab - so other players can't see it  (Read 241 times)

Ricsek

Hey, I need a little help in server hosting. If i make a server, hosting in the game or a dedicated server it doest not appear in the INTERNET tab only in LAN. I have a PC and a laptop. My brother uses the PC and we use the same IP - I dont know if it matters ( i tried it two different IP, i was playing on my mobile phone's internet, so i don't think so)

I have all the ports open, checked with the port forward tester.
I clicked Lan Use steam in the Wreckfest Server Manager.
I gave access to the game and to all the ports through the firewall(even disabled it too).
Read all forum about that topic, did not find a solution.

When the game got the multiplayer support (years ago) i could host a server without a problem.

Thanks in advance,
Ricsek.

St. Jimmy

Have you remembered to click "Save" button when doing changes with WSM? Otherwise the changes don't get written in the config.

Bottom left of the WSM click the "View Config", you can see the current config with Notepad. What the config shows you for:
Code: [Select]
lan=
steam_port=
game_port=
query_port=
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Hi!

I can't join the server with full of bots when race is on (even 1 lap left).

I can join the server when race is over totally.
Nothing Beats Cubic Inches --- Bigger Is Better

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro

St. Jimmy

Hi!

I can't join the server with full of bots when race is on (even 1 lap left).

I can join the server when race is over totally.

Discussion about that:
http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,10773.0.html
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Ricsek

Have you remembered to click "Save" button when doing changes with WSM? Otherwise the changes don't get written in the config.

Bottom left of the WSM click the "View Config", you can see the current config with Notepad. What the config shows you for:
lan=
steam_port=
game_port=
query_port=
Yes, the lan=0 and so on.. One thing i noticed, that the ports are only opened on the PC and not on my wireless connected laptop. Maybe this is the problem?

Purple44

lan=
steam_port=
game_port=
query_port=
Yes, the lan=0 and so on.. One thing i noticed, that the ports are only opened on the PC and not on my wireless connected laptop. Maybe this is the problem?

I don't think you would want to run server software or do a player host from a computer using wireless. A server want fast and big pipe to handle all the data that get pass to it and sent back out to all joining players.

Be best run server from the PC with cat5 cable to the internet.

Also using a mobile phone's internet to connect to the internet, may not be good enough. Are you able to join online Wreckfest servers using this mobile phone's internet?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Ricsek

It will be a temporary server, when i want to play and will be hosted from the PC, wired.
My mobile internet is pretty good, i used to play other online games with it. But i just tried out that i use different internet, because in one game (dont remember) i wasn'T able to play online with two computers on the same internet.