Author Topic: Restrict multiply cars?  (Read 632 times)

BenDover

Hey, the option in the config file "car_restriction=" you can add cars that you want to be able to play on the server, but I dont get it to work, only the 1st car I put in can be drived nooone else.

I have tried some different options here like "car_restriction=car1, car2 , car3 etc", "car_restriction=Car1,car2,car3 etc" even was trying this "car_restriction=car1=car2=car3 etc" and also I have tried with "." aswell but its still dosent work, I have never done this befor and if anyone know more about this and if you are even able to restrict more cars then one I am happy for all the help/info I can get :)
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Finsku

Have you tried only with spaces, for example
car_restriction=car1 car2 car3

tbh I haven't tried this option, just quessing

St. Jimmy

I never got it to work either. Time to test if there's some workaround :D
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

sam223

Are you putting the names in correctly? When i add more than 1 with a comma between each it seems to register.
When i put ? in console after is shows car_restriction as a arrow down icon so cant check if its restricting to 1 or more car though.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

St. Jimmy

Are you putting the names in correctly? When i add more than 1 with a comma between each it seems to register.
When i put ? in console after is shows car_restriction as a arrow down icon so cant check if its restricting to 1 or more car though.
That restricts the cars to Speedbird. It always seems to restrict the car to Speedbird if you try add anything extra because it takes it as spelling error.
Join WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

BenDover

Finsku: No I havent tried that, might test it out later then! :D

Jimmy: Yeah I would like to take away one car so I need to add all the other cars into the config file but hope you find a solution :)

Sam: Alright, I will do some more testing :)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

St. Jimmy

Looks like it's very annoying to even test if the car restriction works right. The reason is that when you join your own dedi server you're naturally host and the car restriction seems to change if changes car to something else in the server lobby...
Join WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

sam223

An alternative ben would be maybe put massive restrictions on the cars you dont want to be used in your server. You can do this and it be 'mod free' friendly by modifying the files on the server. Then people can still join and race with the wrong car,but they will change quickly no doubt
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 06:30:35 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

BenDover

An alternative ben would be maybe put massive restrictions on the cars you dont want to be used in your server. You can do this and it be 'mod free' friendly by modifying the files on the server. Then people can still join and race with the wrong car,but they will change quickly no doubt

Thanks but some might be playing it anyway :P

I was just thinking about something, maybe this works?
car_restriction=car1
car_restriction=car2
car_restriction=car3

I cant test it right now but I will when the server are empty :)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Just tested it to double-check I'm not talking nonsense, and it does work if you separate the cars with a comma and with no space between:

car_restriction=rocket,rammer,killerbee

Use the console command "cars" to see all available cars.

Note that whatever you have in the event rotation setup overrides the global setting.

St. Jimmy

Just tested it to double-check I'm not talking nonsense, and it does work if you separate the cars with a comma and with no space between:

car_restriction=rocket,rammer,killerbee

Use the console command "cars" to see all available cars.

Note that whatever you have in the event rotation setup overrides the global setting.
Well if I do that and add bots, every bot is A246 Speedbird and also when I join the server it reads that the car restriction is Speedbird ??? And speedbird isn't in the restriction list... So there are bugs with that at least.
Join WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Janne Suur-Näkki

You're right - and to add an insult to the injury, upon a closer look it seem like I was mistaken and only one car is indeed allowed.

Heddly

What is the purpose of the "car_restriction="? When would it be used?

Janne Suur-Näkki

If you want to force everyone on the server to use the same car, upgrades can still vary though.

It was implemented back in the day when we only have four cars, that's probably why it's a single car and not a list of allowed cars.

Purple44

What is the purpose of the "car_restriction="? When would it be used?

Could restrict lawnmovers. Sometimes they not welcome online.  :P

Also it be way to have an all small car server or an all American car ( big car server )?

If you want to force everyone on the server to use the same car, upgrades can still vary though.

It was implemented back in the day when we only have four cars, that's probably why it's a single car and not a list of allowed cars.

Am I thinking this option backwards? The restriction is to what car(s) can be used online?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 10:07:49 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel