Author Topic: March Update 3  (Read 9658 times)

sam223

Not to fussed about garage but a credit wipe is a killer   :(
Dont worry about it too much as its only personal progression. You can just cheat your way back up in no time, if you want to continue from where you were.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 06:50:54 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Paul_B

Cheat !   

Down with that sort of thing  ;)
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 1060 6gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel/ Thrustmaster  T3PA Pedals / Logitech G27 Shift

Purple44

Dont worry about it too much as its only personal progression. You can just cheat your way back up in no time, if you want to continue from where you were.

Should Bugbear allow this with final release version?

A week after release, you got a whole bunch of players at level 50 online.  :o

I've earn my current level 50 with 3 years of racing online!  :)

Edit: Or block cheating credits for the first 3 months, then Bugbear allow it for the late comers to Wreckfest?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 07:04:31 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Caley19

Word on rocket as a starting car - Wouldn't be better/possible to make cars unlockable by reaching certain amount of level? And by that give player 3 cars to choose from at the begining? (FO2 hehe)
Also known as John Blackhills.

sam223

Should Bugbear allow this with final release version?

A week after release, you got a whole bunch of players at level 50 online.  :o

I've earn my current level 50 with 3 years of racing online!  :)

Edit: Or block cheating credits for the first 3 months, then Bugbear allow it for the late comers to Wreckfest?
Whether they want it to happen or not, it'll happen. The only way to prevent it would be to have a separate online and offline career mode. With your online career file stored on their servers. Or make the whole game to be played with a internet connection active (single player and multi). But these solutions are not friendly to customers in short term (cant play without internet) or long term (what happens when they don't want to maintain a server tracking all player careers anymore) so should not be requested imo.

Just remember its only personal progression (should you be interested in that), nothing to do with ability or time played.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 09:13:24 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Janne Suur-Näkki

Sam is right, even if we would go out and ban every related workshop mod, it would be very easy to edit the save file with a hex editor or use Cheat Engine.

Word on rocket as a starting car - Wouldn't be better/possible to make cars unlockable by reaching certain amount of level? And by that give player 3 cars to choose from at the begining? (FO2 hehe)

Hmm say again? :) Some of the cars are already unlockable/need to be unlocked.

STRmods

Yeah I don't see the point in blocking "cheating" progress in whichever way, at least yet especially as it doesn't really have any effect if you cheat your own progress or not. The number of times I've had to wipe, or just lost my save data over the years would have made it a pain if I couldn't shortcut myself back to where I was. When the game gets it's final release I'll be playing through career properly since it will be my first proper play through of the game being complete, but until then I don't care so much for the progression because of how much I've already played. For now I prefer to just jump online with competitive cars without worrying about credits or unlocks.

And as Sam said any kind of authentification for online would likely just cause other problems, another one I have in mind is what happens if theres bug with a vehicle in your inventory that causes a crash that is synced to an online profile, at the moment it's an easy fix if something like that happens... Not so much if it loads from cloud.

Purple44

Sam is right, even if we would go out and ban every related workshop mod, it would be very easy to edit the save file with a hex editor or use Cheat Engine.

Guess since nobody does get to see how far you leveled up, unless you record a video and show the lobby, this will not be a big issue online. Just the issue of some players having all the cars the first week with all the racing parts.

This will make racing online unbalance for the first month as players earn enough money to upgrade their cars or give in to the temptation of upgrading their cars fast.

I will just have to do a lot more fig8, crash canyon and suicide loop races where an A class car does not have a big advantage against BIG Purple when he hunting the leader!  :P

I will have to concentrate on two cars to upgrade that first month. One racing car and one car for rough and tumble racing.   ;)

Janne Suur-Näkki

That's a nice paint job you got there, Purple :)

Purple44

That's a nice paint job you got there, Purple :)

That thanks to Zeb and some input from me.  :D

Being friends with a skinner or two has it benefits.   :D :D

Nitronik

I really enjoy the subtle tweak made to the Starbeast and Rammer's paintjob. I actually hope to see other cars receive a similiar touch up

On a somewhat related note : Will we see more RS / GT car variants soon? And if so, can we get the release Tristar (Asian 1) back as the RS variant?  :D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 11:26:49 PM by Nitronik »
EVGA GTX 1060 6GB - i5 4440 - 16GB RAM

TheEngiGuy

Clipping issues on Speedway 1 Figure 8:

Also,
Possibly, but since mechanical damage is not linked to the chassis health of the car but to the distance that the wheels and engine + transmission have deformed, the outcome largely depends on which parts the car get damage. So if it kicks in earlier, you might get a red engine after a single head-on collision (which on the other hand could be more realistic indeed).

It's also pretty hard in a demo-derby to reach orange damage state, I often get DNF'd with only lightly damaged engine and gearbox (4.8 strength).

I was talking about the Warwagon having this "issue". I tried doing some derbies with the Gremlin and the mechanical damage worked just fine with that car.

Andy Rotten

Can't remove rear spoiler from hotshot

I can't play two races in a row because crash every time on the second.  :o
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 06:19:41 AM by Andy Rotten »
i7 7700
16gb ram
GTX 1060 6gb
SDD 256gb
Graphics ultra quality

Finsku

Do you use mods? If yes, try to disable mods.
When game crashing happens? While loading next event? While racing? On Menu?
Is it a specific track which causes crashing?
Devs likes always to hear pc specs.

ehm.. what else...

Calamann

its possible that you maybe have the same problem as me. then you have to delete the cars5 file in the userdata folder of wreckfest.
I  L O V E  W R E C K F E S T

ASUS Z87-C
Intel Core i7 4790
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / 4GB
16 GB DDR3
128 GB SSD
1 TB HDD
Windows 10