Author Topic: March Update 3  (Read 11848 times)

NicoP

Why do you guys made the hood removable so easily ? I got T-Bone and the hood is removed. That is what i hate the most from the game actually and the to weak AI.

I am happy about the skin and paint of the AI, there is more diversity

RickyB

Dear Wreckfest, thank you for coming back (and getting rid of your evil brother Dentfest).   ;)
I like the improved lighting and weather... you should have made that screenshot contest with this build and not the earlier one.  ;D
Awesome that the wrecked cars can roll around now (without brakes on). Looking forward to future updates. Have a nice weekend.

FalconXY

One problem I only have is with the Expert AI:
- Making them more sideways has made them slower. They seem to slide coming out of the corners instead of before or during them, making their exit speeds pretty pants.
- I know it's WIP, but AI are very cautious around the player. If you slow down in front of them, 9 times out of 10 they'll just slow down and follow you.
- AI can just stop if you park in front of them. Not even attempting to push, accelerate or anything. They just sit there! XD

- In relation to that, they can also just park up if a dead car is obstructing them. No attempting to move around it.

- Some AI cars that are heavier or equal in weight of the player's feel lighter than smaller cars when you spin them on occassions. For example if I'm in the Rammer and I spin an AI driving one too, they seem to go around a lot easier than a Gremlin.
- Probably just an oversight, but AI don't seem to take alternate routes around loops anymore, unlike before.

Really my only gripe with the last two updates so far. I really do think that if we have the option to run challenging AI, they need to be quicker and more aggressive imo. I know it's all WIP, but these are just my thoughts.

Thank you. You have made a perfect description of what is wrong or could be better about the current AI.
I have experienced the same issues.  ???

Because I prefer offline racing I vote for a better AI.  :D

EDIT:

Ah I forgot two things:

I love the new derby contact timer. Thanks! That short time is much better. But the healthbar needs to be OFF in derbies !

Can we have Sprint Cup mode back please ?
And what about Folkrace mode ?
and in general much more game modes... as update after full version release please.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 02:38:58 PM by FalconXY »
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

The Very End

About Folkrace mode; Would be great! Then tracks with an alternative route should enforce that the alternative route has to be taken at least once each reach to not DNF. If no alt route - no changes. Possible to implement? Would create a new dynamic and tactic element to it all.

Nitronik

Spent a little time with the update - only criticism I have is how some of the customization options seem to have been made in a hurry - plenty of wheels using the wrong textures, for instance :P

I'll be writing up a list in the bug report section later
EVGA GTX 1060 6GB - i5 4440 - 16GB RAM

TheEngiGuy

Two things:

-It's probably because of the track and AI taking corners slowly, but this is how I finished a race with the weakest C class car against B and A class cars... on expert difficulty :D

-Shouldn't mechanical damage kick in a bit earlier in realistic damage mode? I had none at this state.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Possibly, but since mechanical damage is not linked to the chassis health of the car but to the distance that the wheels and engine + transmission have deformed, the outcome largely depends on which parts the car get damage. So if it kicks in earlier, you might get a red engine after a single head-on collision (which on the other hand could be more realistic indeed).

Andy Rotten

i hate most of rims specially on Panther, boomer, speedbird and the ugliest are roadcutter (a shame) would be nice to crash a looking good car, now all of them look like a trash car except hotshot and bulldog.

Please add something like rear big tire to roadslayer or all muscles maybe for racing mode, driver deform and tire dirt

I love the new weather and damage system

« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 05:02:06 PM by Andy Rotten »
i7 7700
16gb ram
GTX 1060 6gb
SDD 256gb
Graphics ultra quality

TheEngiGuy

Possibly, but since mechanical damage is not linked to the chassis health of the car but to the distance that the wheels and engine + transmission have deformed, the outcome largely depends on which parts the car get damage. So if it kicks in earlier, you might get a red engine after a single head-on collision (which on the other hand could be more realistic indeed).

Makes sense, though if you guys would be able to adjust the damage states (yellow, orange, red) independently, I'd say that yellow and orange damage states - especially the former - should be more common.
It's also pretty hard in a demo-derby to reach orange damage state, I often get DNF'd with only lightly damaged engine and gearbox (4.8 strength).
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 05:28:14 PM by TheEngiGuy »

happyrichie

yo bugbear, can u do me a favour, u know when in real life ye, u turn the steering wheel with your foot on the gas ye... the car turns and goes faster, could you make the wreckfest cars act like that? im fed up of trying 2 turn the wheel and the car slowing down like im hammering the brakes

Tonza

There a bug with Mixed 5 checkpoint, at least for the outer loop variant. Drive too close to the right hand side wall on finish straight and you get wrong way signal.
Edit: can't repro. was in multiplayer and I was grinding another player against the wall
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 05:56:36 PM by Tonza »

Rowdy Burns

Loving what you guys are doing with the updates. Keep up the great work!

It looks like the "love taps" could do with some fine tuning in my opinion as it looks like the heavier taps of the tap range are going unpunished with the overall health.

FalconXY

At the moment you can side wipe a wall or wall ride without getting -HP. You only get slower.
But I think the game sees that as "love tap".

What I don't like is that you can't drive off road across the map anymore !  >:(

That was the most fun just cruising along Sandpits or other tracks next to the real race track.
Now you get teleported back onto the track after 100m or so.
Please turn that off again. I hate that in all racing games.
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

Daystar

Love the overhauled tracks Bugbear! graphics look really nice as well. and cool new liveries!  thanks for the update, got a lot more testing to do with AI interaction later tonight.

for the new people that just got Wreckfest, here is a video from early last year. notice how sandpit 1 used to look like!  :P

Sandpit 1

Going to check out Official Bugbear test server now!

Janne Suur-Näkki

Loving what you guys are doing with the updates. Keep up the great work!

It looks like the "love taps" could do with some fine tuning in my opinion as it looks like the heavier taps of the tap range are going unpunished with the overall health.

Thanks! As for the love taps,  could you elaborate? You're not supposed to be penalized for light hits but of course there might be hits where it looks like it would make sense to give a health penalty, if that's what you mean. It's unlikely that it will be ever possible to tune this system perfectly for every car and every situation.