Author Topic: March Update 3  (Read 10914 times)

Finsku

Okay, more about my last message. I just want to be sure that people understood my broken English  :P . Be free to skip it

Sounds good! About that "problem" what I had, looks like it works. If I put Noon it doesn't randomly pick another Noon and reload it Loading screen even the track is same. So everything is cool and good.

Looks like I was wrong about last message. For me it doesn't work  :D

So, earlier (before the March #3 update) I used one weather only, because with that server could run the same track multiple times in a row without Loading screen, while a eventloop setting was on.

Now with 10 different "Noon"s, server randomly selects one of them, even the track  and settings are the same.. which means people will get Loading screen. That's why I suggested an server config option, which tells to server how many times that event will be played before changing the event next one.  :P

My server settings (snipped):
Code: [Select]
*snip*

track=speedway1_figure_8
gamemode=racing
bots=9
num_teams=2
laps=8
time_limit=10
elimination_interval=0
wrong_way_limiter_disabled=1
car_class_restriction=a
car_restriction=
weather=afternoon
vehicle_damage=realistic
#frequency=high
log=server_log.txt

*snip*

el_add=tour_of_destruction_crash_canyon
el_laps=6

el_add=tour_of_destruction_crash_canyon
el_laps=6

*snip*

With that config file Crash Canyon will run twice in a row with the same settings (weather, gamemode,...). Now when the weather is the same for both tracks, it uses different weather setting. This means server reloads unnecessarily (with Loading screen) the same track with the same settings.
Takes too much time and people have to wait..

EDIT: Typos and grammar

Daystar

What above said. Each mod track must point to a weather list file. Specially if you have the weather mods the duplicates are many. Hopefully the weather guys updates their mod so I and other can add them to the modded tracks. Alternative is that we do it, but preferable the mod that contains the change must update on their part to solve dependency issues.

I will not be updating any of my older weather mod packs, until final release. you know how the devs keep playing with paths, settings, etc.  it is too risky just saying....  ;D

Purple44

11 clicks to change sunrise to noon! That a lot of clicks!  :o
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

St. Jimmy

11 clicks to change sunrise to noon! That a lot of clicks!  :o
Scroll or openable list would be nice addition for that kind of options. Or is it already possible to scroll through if you've clicked once? Would help controllers too so you can keep stick left/right.
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Merhunes Dagon

Wow wow WOW, BugBear, your game is awesome, since the last update it's so beautiful, looking like you've added an ENB (like in skyrim). With my GTX980 i cna play with ultra setting and having my 60 fps (not on the tarmac 2 where my fps are frozen 1sec every 10sec !). 6 months ago, i cannot have the 60fps on a lot of tracks with ultra setting, since January I can !  :P Anyway, tracks are alive, weather are awesome.

The only little problem I noticed is the colour. Actually my cars who were yellow are now a very pale yellow. Same when you put the colour to 0 (red) it's looking like an orange/pale red !
And the second problem is, I play with my mudigger  in demolition derby and all the cars I hitted from the side were doing epic barrel rolls, I don't know if it is supposed to be like that  :P

Keep up the good work BugBear! Your game is getting better and better !  8)

Ryan Callan

decrease the slide grip, so full throttle round a turn isn't broken like it used to be/still is to a lesser degree, so the car loses grip and understeers through turns when you put your foot down but takes the turn normally if you don't. This could also solve the locked diff being the best diff for the car since locked would cause the most wheelspin, so simultaneously give the least grip.

This is absolutely where it needs a fix. The wheelspin aspect just needs accentuating over pre-patch.

Right now RWD is just as fast in acceleration, faster top speed, bulkier for taking hits, better round corners and better at starting. What exactly does FWD now offer? Literally just the ability to escape PIT maneuvres with easy full throttle.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Update rolled back for now due to unforeseen issues, please stay tuned.

[Hey guys, a new hotfix is out with following goodies:
  • AI players now use all cars in all classes.
  • Career events now make use of the new weathers.
  • Rammer RS is now received correctly as a reward from “Ramming It Down” career event.
  • Removed bogus “None” parts from cars that now have proper unique customization parts.
  • Sunrise Super’s Sport Exhaust Manifold no longer results in a massive power hit.
  • Fixed a number of material bugs in the new rims.
  • The cute car icons now have an equally cute ambient shadow.
  • Added a new improved default paintjobs for Rammer and Starbeast.
  • MP: Fixed a number of weather setting bugs in Dedicated Server: Setting up an incorrect weather in the event parameters no longer results in clients being unable to connect to the server. Command “weathers” now displays correct event specific weathers. If no weather is specified in the event parameters, a random event specific weather is used.
  • Mixed 5 no longer features flying cars.
  • Localization, fixed server browser and loading screen text overlap.
Thanks for all the feedback, have a great weekend and keep on wrecking!]

@Finsku: I told you it was broken pre-hotfix :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 06:25:19 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »

The Very End

Great stuff! Like that the AI paint schemes have a good diversity :) Still having the strange issue that choosing AI class "A" makes performance sometimes hit as low as 9-10 Fps . Any other class works flawless at 60.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 05:41:30 PM by The Very End »

Caley19

Great update/hotfix! enjoying it so far  ;) But can we get a random menu/loading background images? I'm kind of bored of that rammer in the menu already  :P keep it up BB
Also known as John Blackhills.

Finsku

@Finsku: I told you it was broken pre-hotfix :)

Yeah thanks :D I just wanted to be sure  :P
Thanks for the hotfix!

Daystar

Where did all the options go? I want to change my sound settings but cannot  :o                                                      _

Janne Suur-Näkki

Just noticed the same, investigating... Might have to roll back.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Update rolled back so everything should be working again pending a fix to the Settings menu.

Nitronik

Update rolled back so everything should be working again pending a fix to the Settings menu.

Do you think the hotfixed hotfix will be coming later today? Or should we expect it next week?
EVGA GTX 1060 6GB - i5 4440 - 16GB RAM

Janne Suur-Näkki

Most likely next week, at least not today.