Author Topic: March Update 3  (Read 10940 times)

Mopower

I have nameplates off, like I have for a long time now, and I have no idea who is on my team in team modes.

Also, Where is my last man/team standing mode for a team mode in derbying?

This is trivial stuff that hasn't been on there or right for several patches or several years for the latter. C'mon now Bugbear. Do I really ahve to turn nameplates on to tell who is on my team? That's just stupid.

Take my advice from earlier, drop the stupid arrows and the stupid health bars, and just force everyone's car to be painted red/blue/green/yellow for whatever team they are on for team events so that it is simple and easy to tell teammates from foes. Without nameplates, there is absolutely no way to tell in a derby. In racing, it's not impossible as you have the little position tracker thing in the top left, but still pretty lame.

Why don't we just make this easy and change paint for team events.

Also, why is my performance big block topping out before 6k rpms? Fully upgraded, can't hit 6k rpms. Shit, a factory 383 can rev to 6k rpms, let alone one with stiffened valve springs and a cam.
Go BIG or go home!

KingOfTheCakes

Just a bit more feedback regarding the AI.

Watching replays I've come to notice that AI have a tendency to settle into a "train" and don't try very hard to ram or overtake each other, providing the player doesn't interfere. I've playing the new Banger and Derby classes, which vary from C to A cars, so to see A class cars just sit behind slower cars once the train has settled seems odd. I can only assume this has something to do with the lack of aggression AI seem to have atm.
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Daystar

Watching replays I've come to notice that AI have a tendency to settle into a "train" and don't try very hard to ram or overtake each other, providing the player doesn't interfere. I've playing the new Banger and Derby classes, which vary from C to A cars, so to see A class cars just sit behind slower cars once the train has settled seems odd. I can only assume this has something to do with the lack of aggression AI seem to have atm.

Yep I have to agree with you on this point.  The AI really is not that fascinating... they are lack luster, meaning boring as f%&/!!! I was hoping that they would drive like their assigned names from the leaderboards... however that is contrary to what is to be believed. I thought Janne in the past had said, the AI would reflect the actual players driving behaviors. wrong never came true! in an ideal race with AI cars, I would love to see some deviation in their scripted paths. also maybe an aggressive lad that just wants to ram random cars? or perhaps an AI bastard that just wants to do random crap?  such as randomly veer hard to the left, and if there is a tree there than ooops he go tumbling down a hill, or even 1 AI bot that just loves to completely stop and is in the way of everyone? would be quite interesting races I believe.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 10:30:50 AM by Daystar »

NicoP

Yep I have to agree with you on this point.  The AI really is not that fascinating... they are lack luster, meaning boring as f%&/!!! I was hoping that they would drive like their assigned names from the leaderboards... however that is contrary to what is to be believed. I thought Janne in the past had said, the AI would reflect the actual players driving behaviors. wrong never came true! in an ideal race with AI cars, I would love to see some deviation in their scripted paths. also maybe an aggressive lad that just wants to ram random cars? or perhaps an AI bastard that just wants to do random crap?  such as randomly veer hard to the left, and if there is a tree there than ooops he go tumbling down a hill, or even 1 AI bot that just loves to completely stop and is in the way of everyone? would be quite interesting races I believe.

True :(

AI is bad and boring :/ You can play all race and finish with 100% life ( except in the figure 8 stadium ).
I wish they were another level of AI with all the max of all class ( C150/160, B200/210 and A 280/300 ) and very agressive<

At least there is the Trackfest mod from ricky if you want real wreckfest racing.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 07:55:59 PM by NicoP »

guest103487

When we get the Next Update???????
guest103487, April 13, 2018, 04:38:36 PM Logged

• Purple44

My guess, not until May.
    Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Finsku

Looking information from SteamDB they've made multiple changes in last 5 days.
    They've worked with branch uxtest so it looks like we're getting upgraded user interface. Also changes on developer and bbtest branches.  :o

Tonza

Hope Bugbear add better V8 Sounds!

Calamann

maybe and hopefully they will give us new information on friday or next week :)
    I  L O V E  W R E C K F E S T

ASUS Z87-C
    Intel Core i7 4790
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / 4GB
    16 GB DDR3
    128 GB SSD
    1 TB HDD
    Windows 10

Hope Bugbear add better V8 Sounds!

And Real GM engines to GM cars!

Starbeast must have Olds 455 on it.

And Hotshot have something like Chevy 427 on it.
    Nothing Beats Cubic Inches --- Bigger Is Better

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro

Daystar

Hope they take away the catch fence on sandpit1 (alt route) and the invisible walls. before final release comes! very irritating. Oh! and access to the leaderboards when you want, not just in the after race results screen.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 08:57:33 PM by Daystar »

Purple44

Dose Bugbear need take a look at the lawnmower challenge?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/3288067088100790131/?tscn=1523908446

Quote from: Aneurysm
    PLEASE! Does anybody have any tips for this challenge? It's the bane of my existence. You hit them at a reasonable pace, and you fly off, but if you hit them at a slower speed it barely does any damage. They can hit me going crazy speeds and rarely if ever fall off.

If I survive until there's ten opponents left, everybody is just a person hovering above or somewhere near a steering wheel and four wheels all clipping into each other, making them next to impossible to hit, and if I do manage to hit that tiny, moving target, most of the time I just bounce/graze off of it because the hit box is so tiny and the center of gravity is all messed up. My mower tips so easily when it's like this, but theirs seem to be rooted like trees.

I needs tips! Anything! Tipping them seems to help, but damn if I can seem to do it consistently. The sweet spot seems very small and you have to hit it at just the right angle and speed. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Are the AI cheating?
    Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Janne Suur-Näkki

Nope, the AI has the same lawnmower as the player but it does take some skill to wreck them. I added some info to the Steam thread but basically you either need to have a faster speed than the AI when hitting it, or hit them to the side so that they roll over. Also if you're about to roll over yourself make sure to steer into the opposite direction to balance the mower.

Antsaboy

Intel Core i5 4670K @4.0GHz / Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti Boost / 8 GB RAM / Windows 10 Pro 64Bit / Logitech Driving Force GT / Xbox One S Controller