Author Topic: Health Bars are bad for you!  (Read 738 times)

Rowdy Burns

I just want to make it clear that I think the health bars shouldn`t be in the game at all as it spoils the immersion. Keep the body and mechanical icons yes, but get rid of the health bars please!

The sounds and great graphic effects you are producing should say everything.

mordax

I just want to make it clear that I think the health bars shouldn`t be in the game at all as it spoils the immersion. Keep the body and mechanical icons yes, but get rid of the health bars please!

The sounds and great graphic effects you are producing should say everything.

I agree, healthbars turn the game into a kiddiefest. only thing i hate about Wreckfest, is the part that you have some stupid "damage meter". like how can my engine take damage when i smash into something with my rear end? they should remove this nonsense and make it more realistic. so that if your front bumper falls off, then radiator and engine will take damage.
if you ram with your rear end, then you can keep on going for as long as you want. if car gets pancaked so bad that damage reaches rear wheels, then rear wheels should either jam or fall off, but you should still be able to drive if you have FF drive.

HOWEVER a driver healthbar wouldn't be bad idea. driver healthbar should re-generate. so you can take lot of small hits, but if someone hits you in the driver door under right angle, then race can be over for you if you don't have a rollcage installed.
or if you take lot of small hits in series, then driver "dies" and you'd get DNF. or if car gets smashed so bad that driver no longer fits in the seat / gets smushed. that would be quite cool.

Rowdy Burns

Realistic setting should disable health bars in the game and also include engine health to the games mechanics... That to me would make it perfect!

Driver health is an interesting thought!... It could give more depth to the game by creating a character and building up their stats. There would have to be recognisable ingame characters to fight or race against with a few having their stand out driving styles for it to work i think?

vveyro

Don't like the health bars either, such a weird choice. Create this intricate, localized visual damage that 99% games lack, then dumb it all down into a single bar. When everyone could already see in detail, what has been damaged, and how badly. At least they removed the hideous black boxes from under it (great change). But wouldn't mind if "Realistic" setting at least would get rid of the bar too
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 01:25:46 PM by vveyro »

BenDover

Noone asked for health bars only the invisible ppl did.

Its better to just remove them and I would like to see a UI like this https://gyazo.com/74978a72f33202f266b0cca82d78de4d

The UI we have now is alright but to have an option to have this aswell would be nice, the most I want from this pic is the name and POS number over the car (and ofc remove the HP bar.)
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

St. Jimmy

I want the left and right front/back separation back because that's how the system actually works.
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Merhunes Dagon

Its better to just remove them and I would like to see a UI like this https://gyazo.com/74978a72f33202f266b0cca82d78de4d

The UI we have now is alright but to have an option to have this aswell would be nice, the most I want from this pic is the name and POS number over the car (and ofc remove the HP bar.)

This HUD looks better and more immersive ! And if we come back to the old hud with 6 boxes + engine, armor will be more usefull and strategic especially in derby !

BenDover

This HUD looks better and more immersive ! And if we come back to the old hud with 6 boxes + engine, armor will be more usefull and strategic especially in derby !

Indeed it does!
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Merhunes Dagon

Indeed it does!

Take look at right bottom, I just noticed you can see if you have abs on/off etc so good ! You have the time 00:01:"872" Just have to improve the position like we have currently, add engine/suspension/brake/gearboxe at left bottom and it's perfect ! PER-FECT !

Mopower

While I can't help but giggle at the people that think you can always use the rear end of your car and nothing bad will ever happen to it, (Cough, drive shaft, cough rear axles, cough rear tires on sheet metal, cough rear end alignment, cough rear end suspension, cough, cough)

I do agree the healthbars can go now though. Time for sector condition like we used to have it!
Go BIG or go home!

Bwoahh

the health bar wouldn't be a problem if there was a clear indication as to whether a car is trashed or nott, like the radiator leaving a trail of steam for example or constantly backfiring. its seems like the obvious things to do for me.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 12:35:32 AM by Bwoahh »

CFodder

YES, please ditch the healthbars or give server admins the ability to have them or not - separate to whether damage is realistic or not too please, we run normal damage but still want to kick the healthbars to the curb!